Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The VOID

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
The VOID, responsible for Secrets of The Empire, has announced new locations for VOID VR locations, including Austin, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and 6 other locations.

The VOID Adds Nine New Locations | Business Wire

The VOID, has locations already in Las Vegas, Anaheim, Glendale, Orlando, Dubai, Toronto, Stratford City, and multiple other locations.

What do you think? Are you close to one of the new locations, and if so, would you want to try the VR experiences? Comment down below!

It's high demand due to low capacity in those locations, plus remember that there's more than just Star Wars. SoCal has yet to get Ghostbusters, for example. I'm very surprised that San Fran, Seattle and Chicago have yet to be pinned but The VOID is planning on a huge expansion soon so this could be just the tip of the iceberg. Officially the location opening dates are TBD but I would expect most of them (if not all) to open sometime in 2019.

BTW the full location list is: Atlanta, Austin, Dallas, Hollywood, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Santa Monica and Washington, D.C. NYC will be a permanent location unlike the current Madame Tussaud's setup, and Minneapolis is... uh well, I can't say it but it's not hard to guess where it'll go.

Also expect another announcement from The VOID very, very soon!

THE VOID

And here it is: Nicodemus! The VOID's first fully original hyper-reality experience, a horror-based one set around the ruins of the 1894 Chicago World's Fair... it's a creepy, fully interactive walking tour that takes you back in time. Lots of eerie frights and puzzles to be solved, this one may not have the panache of Star Wars, but it's still very cool and a unique twist on the haunt experience. It reminds me of the original USF HHN houses, just experienced through a VR lens of course. Done it about five times, and I notice new things each and every time.

Tickets on sale now beginning June 14th, exclusively at the Las Vegas location for an open-ended run. Will run alongside Secrets of the Empire.

Edit:
Officially the location opening dates are TBD but I would expect most of them (if not all) to open sometime in 2019.

I've been informed that things have accelerated and they're hoping to get the bulk open by the end of the year.

Last edited:
^This is the previously announced Minneapolis location, BTW. Expect similar announcements regarding the other announced cities soon. There'll be more VOID announcements this month... including one tomorrow...

August 7th! I got to do it the other week and while it was a tad more primitive than Star Wars, it was still a lot of fun. This is the west coast debut of the Ghostbusters experience!

Edit: Our Glendale location just announced it will add Ghostbusters the same day

Last edited:
The VOID and Disney/ILMxLAB are to collaborate again on a brand new HR Experience, this time themed to the upcoming Ralph Breaks the Internet.

They are also underway on a brand new Marvel Studios experience for 2019.

Hope this doesn't die a quick death like the Cinemark deal did, opening exactly 1 location.

There was supposed to be a new experience opened by now based on a Marvel property (it was the Avengers) and that just never happened. Hope everything is alright, but this is good news.

They just updated the website, Star Wars ends on Oct 16 at Disneyland with no available spots after that. I'm guessing the Marvel experience is finally coming (much sooner than we think).

However there's no end in sight for Star Wars or Ralph at WDW. So maybe the Marvel contract with Universal also affects The Void?

Last edited: