The Weeknd: Nightmare Trilogy (HHN 2024) | Inside Universal Forums

The Weeknd: Nightmare Trilogy (HHN 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 29, 2022

Last edited by a moderator:
Basing the house partially on his as-yet unreleased new album is certainly a fun twist.

Maybe this means the album or perhaps a few singles are due to drop before the event opens?

I am really really hoping this doesn’t become the de-facto repeat house of the year.

Reactions: saint.piss
The Weeknd Nightmare Trilogy.png
The Weeknd Nightmare Trilogy Wide.png

Posting two variants of the logo for posterity.

The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare was to me--the perfect IP house for me. Sure it wasn't scary; but what it lacked in intensity, the quality of the experience--the scale and scope and the vibe and experience I had was damn near magical. It is my favorite IP house for a bevy of reasons, and is probably the reason why I am really, really, really excited to see what Murdy and the Hollywood team does.

Mike Dean and The Weeknd being credited directly for new music is also freaking fantastic; as there's a track in the new horrifying tale that I'm really hopeful is in this house.

Reactions: TonyPizza
Well I wish there was nothing repeated from from After Hours, but the extra element of “trilogy” is intriguing to me. Not that I knew exactly what I’d see in Dawn FM either but this added element gives an added bit of “what’s gonna haaaappppeeeeeen?” Either could help it or hinder it from being focused. I’m being extra critical because I HATED the last maze and don’t see this going any better but I remain optimistic and open minded until I experience it lol

Well I wish there was nothing repeated from from After Hours, but the extra element of “trilogy” is intriguing to me. Not that I knew exactly what I’d see in Dawn FM either but this added element gives an added bit of “what’s gonna haaaappppeeeeeen?” Either could help it or hinder it from being focused. I’m being extra critical because I HATED the last maze and don’t see this going any better but I remain optimistic and open minded until I experience it lol
I knew nothing about The Weeknd before his association with HHN, and was not able to see the prior house live, but I did watch the music videos for After Hours and Dawn FM this week to try to get more up to speed. FWIW, I sort of viewed the plot of After Hours as this Faustian debauchery/excess situation, whereas Dawn FM is a more introspective engagement with past demons and mistakes (including those shown in After Hours). If they do it well, I think having parts of After Hours would make the Dawn FM content more meaningful. Or it could be jumbled and unfocused, lol.