The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
so no live chat debate I guess?

why not, why someone set it up, and have a knight of roundtable discussions style debate at Orlando united
they do it at muggle cast, is pretty good.

i think i read somewhere that new trees have gone in between jp and hogwarts to block the view (once they grow) can this be confirmed? also, the lockers being supposedly hidden in the hogsmeade station means that other area must be for something else. does anyone know what will go in that empty area?

i think i read somewhere that new trees have gone in between jp and hogwarts to block the view (once they grow) can this be confirmed? also, the lockers being supposedly hidden in the hogsmeade station means that other area must be for something else. does anyone know what will go in that empty area?
This is where the trees were mentioned: http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog...ate-ellen-mat-hoffman-and-green-eggs-and-ham/

Lockers are being hidden in the Hogsmeade station? What ride will they be for?

hogsmeade station is next to the path for dragons challenge. so the lockers are for that. meaning i have no idea what that empty area next to the owlery is for. everyone said lockers but that was because we didnt know they were inside hogsmeade station.

it will be a while before those trees grow to block the majority of hogsmeade but eventually it'll look good. especially if they plant some on jp's side of things too. also, the forbidden forest area beside the castle will be much better when the trees have grown and bit and the area looks more dense.

at least with ellen going on FotH and a couple of the stores we know now that Hogsmeade is 95% complete. and FotH and Dragons are both fully functional and waiting for the switchover. softs have to be fast approaching. a picture update ofthose last little spots of construction within hogsmeade would be nice (i mean the side of the bathrooms that were incomplete)

hogsmeade station is next to the path for dragons challenge. so the lockers are for that. meaning i have no idea what that empty area next to the owlery is for. everyone said lockers but that was because we didnt know they were inside hogsmeade station.

So they're getting rid of the lockers currently for DD altogether? Unless these will be used for FJ? (see photo below from attractionsmagazine)
p1020570.jpg

Last edited:
Disney would have demanded a Hogwarts Wizard Mickey/Minnie meet and greet. It would have been a disaster and a joke. Look how star wars turned out. Just a bleep in the park. It makes sense that this is all that they offered JKR.

So, here it is in Uni's hands. It is great and yet a horrid compromise as they have defaced two islands perhaps. They are not finished yet so I will reserve judgement. If they can put JP back the way it was, I will be amazed.

For those of you that think that no one has ridden FJ yet... UC and engineers have been riding it for months.... perhaps only one machine, but you have to ride it over and over to fine tune the movements of what you see and what you do not see. SpiderMan went through these kinds of tests. The vehicle itself triggers each scene. Therefore, they only have to get one machine to react percisely, next problem is to get the next vehicle to show up and perform the same way in a timely manner. Otherwise, the ride would be stopping constantly, like the HM at WDW. Thus, if so, two tracks, one moving, and one not, for handicapped people who might need a bit more time to load makes sense. If true, then it is clever, yet expensive.

I like to reiterate no one, but those who worked on the project and possibly Mr. Hill (who doesn't want to say for fear of giving up his source, something you know about ;) ), knows exactly what they had planned over at WDI. However, I do not believe they would pay the exhorbitant licensing fees Ms. Rowling is getting for a single attraction or meet and great. There's no way they'd receive any ROI out of the project. While FJ is certainly going to push the boundaries of technology and immersive dark ride experiences, the rest of the WWoHP is essentially two existign rides "with a fresh coat of paint" and a bunch of revenue centers in the stores and restaurant. Universal is looking to make back their money on this as soon as possible, and is no different from Disney in that respect.

Regarding the testing, I'm sure someone has "ridden" FJ, though riding on the ride vehicles through the building as a test is a whole lot different then riding the ride w/ all of the movements programmed and all of the show elements working. That I don't believe has happened from what I understand; the testing a fine tuning of the "profiles" is occuring with water dummies.

So they're getting rid of the lockers currently for DD altogether? Unless these will be used for FJ? (see photo below from attractionsmagazine)
p1020570.jpg

This is the temporary Dragons entrance for the WWoHP construction. The original entrance was located exactly where it will be again once Hogsmeade opens. This entire area in this picture is temporary for the construction.

Im not sure how many of you remember back in November Universal launched a contest "The Road to Hogwarts Sweepstakes". I was cleaning out my email and I came across the notice... dug a little more and found some interesting information. First off for those of you who may want to visit the website for yourself...
http://www.theroadtohogwarts.com/#/hogwarts-map

The interesting info I found was under the rules area... it lists various prizes which may be won with aproximate $ values. I am guessing that these items will be for sale inside the land once it opens.

"Good" Harry Potter Noble Collection Prize Pack
Hogwarts sculpture, Quidditch Chess Set, Firebolt Broom, Writing Quill, and House Pins
$994.50

"Evil" Harry Potter Noble Collection Pack
Lucius Mask, Bellatrix Mask, Death Eater Mask, Lucius Pendant, and Bellatrix Pendant
$395

Harry's Wand
$35

Voldemort's Wand
$35

Hermione's Wand
$35

Ron's Wand
$35
(I wonder if it will be broken?)

Dumbledore's Wand
$35

Draco's Wand
$35

Mug Set
A Gryffindor Mug and a Slytherin Mug
$110

The Golden Snitch Prize Pack
A Golden Snitch, a Snitch Necklace, and a Snitch Bracelet
$213

Think this will give us an idea about prices of various items from the park? Wands $35 each... far from what we were guessing!

Well these are the replica style wands. The pricing of the generic wands that you will be picking up at Olivanders may be priced differently. Higher or lower is anyones guess. Lower would be because they aren't the replicas and higher in case they have to be made with some extra "magic" in them for anything interactive in the park.

About openinf soft
Just read this article
Hope it won't be post before in case sorry for the double post

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Artic...rly-harry-potter-bookings-to-be-honoured.html

Customers who booked Harry Potter packages for travel before the official opening date will have their bookings honoured, it has been confirmed.

But Universal said it was impossible to guarantee at this stage that all the attractions within the Wizarding World of Harry Potter would be open before the official opening celebrations on June 18.

Customers have been able to book packages through Virgin Holidays, which is the official tour operator for Universal Orlando Resort, for travel from May 28.
The packages include breakfast in the park, an official gift and early access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

“We have announced a June 18 public grand opening, and that is the date we will be able to provide the spectacular experience we want all of our guests to have,” said Universal publicity manager Carly Reed.

“We are confident in our ability to provide those who have already purchased travel packages featuring entitlement within the Wizarding World of Harry Potter the great benefits they expect and we will make special arrangements to accommodate them.”

SPOILER - Highlight > I got my question answered! Ron WILL make it snow in the Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom!

PS: Is someone here "gus" from the Livestream? and "ALEC"?

That'd be me! My name's Gustavo. :p

And that whole thing was hectic. I got my question answered, but addressing the wrong thing, lol. I think they should just give a two minute limit for questions, cancel the chat, and answer them as they come.

Last edited: