The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 479 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
awesome review WTRiker...I think any "negative" reviews are coming from HARDCORE fans that were expecting for Harry to jump in your bench with you. The whole "the castle line isn't in correct order" is exactly the kind of fandom Im talking about. Some people had forgotten that this was always just a Theme Park expansion..not a Harry Potter theme park.

Ok probably a stupid question but do you mean regular guests got into IOA and HP at 8am? Reason I am asking is because I am an annual pass holder and I wondered if I got there at like 8 am would I be able to get into the park. Or would they just stop me at the parking booth until like 8:30am. Thanks for the explanation. Also I do realize its not guaranteed but I am going to take a shot.

The parking booth opens before 8 AM. I don't remember any exact time but it's definitely before 8 AM. A certain number of regular guests, non package holders/hotel guests, were allowed into TWWoHP for a soft opening today. They allowed anyone into the park at 8 AM for the soft today.

Rinacee, unless you have a special ticket to be at the grand opening, I doubt you will get in.

Nightmare, thanks again for your help! I will keep my eye out for a 3rd dragon. I thought there might be one as I saw a different tail sticking out between a few in a picture. But I wasn't 100% sure.

I'm hoping to get the last few prices I need and maybe a few more pics of all the merch. I've only seen a handfull of tshirt designs for example.

Rinacee, unless you have a special ticket to be at the grand opening, I doubt you will get in.

Nightmare, thanks again for your help! I will keep my eye out for a 3rd dragon. I thought there might be one as I saw a different tail sticking out between a few in a picture. But I wasn't 100% sure.

I'm hoping to get the last few prices I need and maybe a few more pics of all the merch. I've only seen a handfull of tshirt designs for example.
Would my annual pass be enough, do you think?

You know, I'm very excited for the GO...but as I hear more and more comments, I'm becoming a little afraid. I've been to crowded theme parks and I've been to tight, standing concerts, but I'm small...like 4'10" small. Seeing as it is only the package people (and limited GP) and it is already crowded, I fear for the GO. I'm going anyways, but meh...just a thought.
Couple questions.
1) How early should I get there on the 18th? 7:30-8 ish? That's probably the earliest I CAN get there to be honest...I live an hour away...
and
2) I've asked this a couple times, but I don't know if anyone has seen it...are any cast members confirmed?

Answer to question 1: TMs today told me that there are people planning on camping out on the 17th outside of the park.
Answer to question 2: Tom Felton and Phelps twins have confimed on their twitters a while back that they will be attending.

I think if they do let any of the general public into the grand opening, it won't be many. And like just posted ^^, there are some HUGE Potter fans that will be there way before you.

Answer to question 1: TMs today told me that there are people planning on camping out on the 17th outside of the park.
Answer to question 2: Tom Felton and Phelps twins have confimed on their twitters a while back that they will be attending.
Thank you very much. I know it's doubtful I will get in, but I'll try. Unfortunately, I'll be going with my younger brother...and my ride will be gone once they drop us off. So, not exactly a wonderful situation. I guess I'll just pray. My friends had wanted to camp out, but it didn't end up working out.

Rinacee I can confirm that as long as the park doesn't reach capacity you will be able to get in on June 18th. The only factors you will have to look at is how many people will be camping out over night vs. how many people can actual fit inside the area. But the public will be admitted on June 18th for the entire day.

I think if they do let any of the general public into the grand opening, it won't be many. And like just posted ^^, there are some HUGE Potter fans that will be there way before you.

Thanks :) I am a huge, huge fan...have been for 10 years. But with the situation I'm in with the distance and having to take my little brother...it's difficult for me to have the opportunity to camp out.

I wasn't saying the whole park was going to close down on June 18th just to clarify it. I was meaning more along the lines of WWoHP being closed off or only admitting very few. There are lots of people who won contests, etc just to go to the grand opening. Those will be given priority over any of the general public.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Maybe I can try to go earlier than I'd planned...but it'll be difficult. I appreciate everyone's responses.

honeybee the only giveaway group I can recall off hand are the school groups. They with the Today show will be doing everything the hr. before the park opens than at 9 the area will open fully to the public. The only thing that may delay the opening that morning is if they decide to do a short opening ceremony just for show but we would be able to see it & it would be very short.

Dont know if this helps or not, but from previous experience elsewhere with "Grand Openings" of attractions or areas, usually only a limited amount of folks (VIPs, contest winners, invited guests, press, etc) and a limited number of regular day guests are allowed in the general area until after the Grand Opening ceremonies are completed. After that and some clean-up, the area opens to everyone just like any other normal day.
Have to remember that during these ceremonies there will be stages set up, cameras set up, areas for VIPs, press, etc. And little or no motion going on (rides not operating or at least not admitting guests, shops will be closed, etc).
There are also other things to consider like fire codes, crowd control, safety of VIPs, and so forth.
So, if you are going on opening day, try but dont EXPECT that just because your in the park you will be admitted to the ceremonies without a special pass or ticket, and with a 9am park open, I would not expect regular operations in an area like WWoHP and its limited access points to happen until at least 2-3 hours AFTER the ceremonies are concluded, if at all that day because of all the extra equipment, stages, etc that will most likely be erected.

This morning was a dream run on everything, the crowds from the hotels fell off after the weekend. If they have softs this week it will be a golden opportunity to visit, this place will be log jammed VERY SOON, summer is coming.

One more day and then I will come back early October, before then would be max effort for minimum results.

The Cauldron cakes our out of this world!!!

WTRiker lucky for us this isn't really the plan yes things will be going on that morning but it will be before the park opens. (Today show) All the other big media parties ect. are the days leading up to the 18th. There could be a bit of run over but ALL public up to area capacity will be allowed in. Uni has planned in such a way where there will be very little impact to regular guests so June 18th everyone can get in.