The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 510 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
single rider line rocks, waited 10 minutes the first ride, 30 min. the second with the breakdown.

Only a 30 minutes breakdown?! Wow they are getting quicker in resetting the ride and getting it working quicker and quicker, I'm glad they are getting these bugs out of the way before grand opening, for once I can see UO has a plan and they are sticking to it and its working!

Last edited:
single riders skips everything prior to the Gryffindor common room (basically all the cool stuff)
express skips everything prior to Dumbledore's office

Just saw that Brian posted on Facebook that he was 15 seconds into the ride and it broke down today. He said he waited around an hour and a half for the evac.

40 bucks is a bit steep :0 goodness

Edit: Ah right, glad to hear about the glass collection and smaller metal collection - we may have to invest in some of those :) were they purely in WWOHP or in the main gift shop too?

Hey Claire-Bear, I shot a couple of pics of the steins and the glasses sets while I was out there today - Ill try and upload later today or this evening for you.

Okay, I'm REALLY REALLY excited because I got a job working in WWoHP! :) Just got back from the interview and they hired me on the spot.
I'll be working over at the FJ doing all the picture stuff. :D

Way to go girl!!

I'll make sure to say hi once I'm in the area and ride!

And hopefully get a discount :lol:

Well all - 3 trips out this week and three successful entries (including the 4 minute entry window on Wed)! WOOT!

End of week total - 5 rides on FJ, and the last one was as good as the first one! - This attraction is definately a winner!

FJ got up to 60 minute wait today, and yes, I was in the single riders line when it broke down: almost to the sorting hat - only waited about 15 minutes and they were loading again....not bad at all.

Tried breakfast today because of the rain, got the Traditional English Breakfast with a pumpkin juice and it was really good. Picked up 2 cauldron cakes to bring home (request from the wife since we didnt think to try them the other day). Breakfast with the drink included was about 14 bucks (with my AAA discount of 1.50)

No lunch service yet - was talking with one of the TMs and he was saying that even he was suprised that they hadnt kicked in lunch yet, he said they still needed to practice lunch service and the cut-over from breakfast to lunch still. So, even the TMs in 3 broomsticks seem kind of suprised...my guess would be very soon.

It was nice sitting down to a meal in 3 Broomsticks, got to see some of the "house elf" and "owl delivery" animations go off among others: not anything spectacular as far as effects (basically just projected shadows on the walls), but it really did add to the atmosphere a lot, and it was cool seeing the kids around in there noticing them going off and pointing them out. So the atmosphere does work.

Staff is VERY friendly and attentive inside also, funny that its counter-service but they almost made you feel like it was a full service resturaunt. My plastic fork broke and before I could even attempt to get up to get another, one of the TMs there brought me over one. Now THATS service!

Noticed LOTS more managers, (button down shirts and ties) today in the area than any previous day - even in the rain. Thought that was interesting...wondered what was going on that might have brought them all out of the woodwork today...I guess the best answer is....stay tuned!

Saw that they were re-stocking on postcards and stamps in the owl post today that have been sold out since Wed, so it looks like replacement merch is already on its way in.

Checked, and no new wand deliveries yet. So we are still at least 3 types short of the entire set. (Olivanders wands).

I noticed two items for sale that I dont remember seeing the other days: in Zonkos they had a "Joke Egg", and they also had in Filches, Omninoculars (35 bucks if youre wondering the price): basically a "View Master", but it looked really cool. Took a pic of it, Ill try and upload pics later if anyone wants to see.

Also, there was someone a few dozen pages back as I remember asking about the window over the bathrooms - it says "J Pippens Potions". I also took a quick pic of it, so if you were the one asking about it and would like to see (if someone else hasnt already posted a pic of it) let me know, I would be happy to upload it later.

Thats it for this weeks visits - Disney and MSEP previews tomorrow

Reactions: mantaguy
I'll post a little longer of my take later but just a quick comment. The seats are receiving a good amount of complaints at guest relations. If your should are too broad, chest too big(this includes you ladies), are too tall or stomach too big, you can't ride. TM in one of the shops was around 6-8 inches shorter than me and said she also couldn't ride because her chest is too big. I really didn't believe her because she wasn't that big. I was very nice in guest relations before anyone starts harping on how everyone thinks they should be entitled to ride. This will be a huge problem during the summer when they get really busy. The manager at guest relations was very nice and he did comment that they have been getting more complaints than usual with the other rides. I'll post my dimensions later if anyone cares. If you are more than 48 inches in the chest or stomach you are probably out of luck. If you are short but stocky, you MIGHT fit. I don't mean this to be a harping session, I just want to help people out. I can say I am truly disappointed in Universal and I have loved their parks for years. By the way the test seat people inside the ride were very nice and they were even using force to see if they could get the 3rd click. I will ride the ride in the next week or 2. I was very close, 2 clicks for me. Now on to that starvation diet.

Okay, I'm REALLY REALLY excited because I got a job working in WWoHP! :) Just got back from the interview and they hired me on the spot.
I'll be working over at the FJ doing all the picture stuff. :D

Congrats!!!! That is awesome.

Whoever mentioned they are shocked about Single Rider, this is the perfect time to test out how single rider will work. They would have to start in softs if they plan on using it after go-live.

I'll post a little longer of my take later but just a quick comment. The seats are receiving a good amount of complaints at guest relations. If your should are too broad, chest too big(this includes you ladies), are too tall or stomach too big, you can't ride. TM in one of the shops was around 6-8 inches shorter than me and said she also couldn't ride because her chest is too big. I really didn't believe her because she wasn't that big. I was very nice in guest relations before anyone starts harping on how everyone thinks they should be entitled to ride. This will be a huge problem during the summer when they get really busy. The manager at guest relations was very nice and he did comment that they have been getting more complaints than usual with the other rides. I'll post my dimensions later if anyone cares. If you are more than 48 inches in the chest or stomach you are probably out of luck. If you are short but stocky, you MIGHT fit. I don't mean this to be a harping session, I just want to help people out. I can say I am truly disappointed in Universal and I have loved their parks for years. By the way the test seat people inside the ride were very nice and they were even using force to see if they could get the 3rd click. I will ride the ride in the next week or 2. I was very close, 2 clicks for me. Now on to that starvation diet.

I do find it ridiculous on UO part for not planning for something like this. This just means the line will be longer than necessary because everyone is still going to try and get on. It shouldn't be try, it should be just get on.

Nothing is more embarassing or humiliating than not fitting in something, I should know I used to be 415 and at one point I couldn't even ride the Hulk in the big seat.

UO needs to step it up quick.

hmm I didn't noticed any owl delivery or house elf projectections in 3b
will have to add that to my list of things to see next time

I do find it ridiculous on UO part for not planning for something like this. This just means the line will be longer than necessary because everyone is still going to try and get on. It shouldn't be try, it should be just get on.

Nothing is more embarassing or humiliating than not fitting in something, I should know I used to be 415 and at one point I couldn't even ride the Hulk in the big seat.

UO needs to step it up quick.

You know, thinking back a couple of weeks, people were pointing out that the guy who played Hagrid (forgive me for not knowing the actors name) was not in the pictures or videos of the stars riding the ride...you think it was maybe because he couldnt fit in the seat? Hes not a huge guy, but hes not small either.