The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 530 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They have to have full day softs, if they don't, they are asking for trouble on the 18th. Mainly for 3 broomsticks alone. They have to test going from Breakfast to lunch to dinner. I worked for a restaurant company before and they would be INSANE not to test that. Plus they haven't had huge breakfast crowds in there, they need to test with more people for lunch and dinner. If it is open later, people will eat more in there and they can test more crowd control in there. So if not for the restaurant alone, they need full day softs. If they don't, they will have huge issues on the 18th with the staff not having a clue of what to do when switchover between meals happens.

I don't understand why people think it is too late to do these softs. Orlando is not going to be packed until the weekend and they can still use a counter to limit how many people get into the area. They can say they don't want more than 3000 in there the first day and use employees with counters to figure out when to shut it down. Then the next day add more people and so forth until they have completed their tests and are comfortable with crowd controls in all areas. They have two weeks and they will use ALL of that time to figure it out.

The performance from the students from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons would have specific show times right. And will it be said on the map.

Read again I posted a snippet from the original press release.

Oh yeah, I FIRMLY remember the rumor mills. Very first temporary signage in the park said 09, I have a pic archived somewhere - Ill try and find it. But it was originally slated for an early (like Jan/Feb) grand opening - at least that was the plan. Also they quietly announced when the project first commenced that they were hoping for a "by December 09" preview date. I remember everyone (maybe not on this board, but on others) getting up in arms when the first 2010 signage went up, because everyone was bitching that the "date had been pushed back". It was worse than the people whining on the Sprint boards when the 2.1 andriod software didnt get pushed out before Dec 09 as implied by Sprint.

We spent the better part of the spring and summer there - burned out on Disney and Sea World and became regulars at a lot of the bars - first name basis regulars. :lol: We "closed" Enchanted Oak Bar, so we were hanging around there a lot and saw how fast schedules were being redone during that period.

Last edited:
The holes are speakers. It's for the shows they do in front of the rock.

They couldn't be hidden with the mess of trees and plants around it ?! It looks dumb
Also, i was thinking that harry potter in not actually an" island" like most of the other ones.

Last edited:
yeah I'm curious on the changes and how they are standardizing it

it seems souvenier cups are now $9.50/$10.50 respectively? yikes

I paid $2.29 for a 12oz butterbeer cup at the cart + tax.

I wonder what the current size cup and price is

yeah I'm curious on the changes and how they are standardizing it

it seems souvenier cups are now $9.50/$10.50 respectively? yikes

Here's what I've gathered:

June 4th- $8.50 & 2.50 refills
June 5th- $9.50 & 3.25 refills
June 6th- $2.50 refills
June 7th- $2.40 refills

Here's what I've gathered:

June 4th- $8.50 & 2.50 refills
June 5th- $9.50 & 3.25 refills
June 6th- $2.50 refills
June 7th- $2.40 refills

yeah but that's leaving out a lot of info, plus they seemed to just guess or round the numbers, why didn't they look at their receipt lol

yeah but that's leaving out a lot of info, plus they seemed to just guess or round the numbers, why didn't they look at their receipt lol

All of those are the non-frozen Butterbeers. The prices are just what was listed that day.

okay my guess is the prices have not changed at all and people were either changed the wrong thing rounded differently. I don't think there is a refill price, you pay the price of the cup depending on where you go. This is the same as the pilsner refill through out the park. They just charged you the cup price.
so the people who are saying that cold butter beer was either 2.40 or 2.50 are just rounding off the number differently
the guy who said the souvenier was 9.50 got charged the frozen
and the 3.25 refill was the result of getting his cup refilld at the hogs head who's cup price is $2.99 + tax

The Bottom line
Butterbeer Souvenir $8.50 + tax
Frozen Butterbeer Souvenir $9.50 + tax

12oz Butterbutter $2.29 + tax
16oz Butterbeer $2.99 + tax

12oz Frozen $3.29
16oz Frozen $3.99

Last edited:
okay my guess is the prices have not changed at all and people were either changed the wrong thing rounded differently. I don't think there is a refill price, you pay the price of the cup depending on where you go. This is the same as the pilsner refill through out the park. They just charged you the cup price.

The prices have definitely changed. Several people have confirmed this. There is a refill price similar to the regular US/IOA souvenir cups. You pay for the cup and get a refill for a cheaper price.