The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 686 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sounds interesting. I will have to go see the brickwork in person then. Glad to hear that the crowds are dying down. Labor day is going to be packed. After that, I'm hoping that things near Potter will start to calm down. Again, I'm hoping.

I am all for adding new cliffs and more rockwork. Get to it Universal!

harry

well its better than just having the plain white wall in my opinion....it seem like i picked a wrong time 2 go 2 universal im goin labor day weekend but i am staying on site so i just hit the park a hour early and use my express on the other rides......

Last edited:
What's the deal with never getting to see my picture on the screens at the end of the ride? All the times I rode I never got to see my picture, there was always some guy saying "YOU CAN SEE YOUR PICTURES OVER THERE" as he points to the large mob of peple. Yeah, no. When are they going to fix that?

It was so nice today. Longest wait in WWoHP was FJ at 10 minutes. Bar stools back in Hog's Head. Frozen butterbeer. Awesomeness. Only thing left -- bring on the cold weather.

Gotta love post-Summer crowds. From the OU Twitter:

http://twitter.com/Orlando_United

I walked right on FJ this morning! :D

It was so nice today. Longest wait in WWoHP was FJ at 10 minutes. Bar stools back in Hog's Head. Frozen butterbeer. Awesomeness. Only thing left -- bring on the cold weather.

DARN! I'm really kicking myself for not going this weekend! Now I have to wait two more weekends since next one is Labor Day and that will be hell... :(

What's the deal with never getting to see my picture on the screens at the end of the ride? All the times I rode I never got to see my picture, there was always some guy saying "YOU CAN SEE YOUR PICTURES OVER THERE" as he points to the large mob of peple. Yeah, no. When are they going to fix that?

I wondered this too! I assume it's just that, with the ride vehicles coming back into the station so close to one another, it's impossible to get down to Filch's before the picture has been replaced by another vehicle's?

Is Universal planning on keeping the remaining Lost Continent theming? Because last time I was there, WWOHP was about to open and right past the entrance they still had all the "arabian-ish" theming.. which I thought didn't fit in the park at all anymore.
It would be really great if they expand harry potter more in the next few years.

Is Universal planning on keeping the remaining Lost Continent theming? Because last time I was there, WWOHP was about to open and right past the entrance they still had all the "arabian-ish" theming.. which I thought didn't fit in the park at all anymore.
It would be really great if they expand harry potter more in the next few years.

No one knows, but for now the park is staying as is with no additional changes in store for LC, and with the return of the water vortex in PF, its good to say that LC isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

There's a speculation thread about this very topic here: http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...Eventually-Become-Part-Of-The-Wizarding-World

My vote is no, because LC contains IOA's only show, IOA's only walkthrough, and IOA's best restaurant which has received numerous awards, including Theme Park Insider's Best Theme Park Restaurant award six years in a row.

I'm an insane Harry Potter fan, so some might think it odd that I say this, but I don't think WWoHP should be expanded. It's perfect as is. I honestly think that it should stay at it's current size.. The theming of LC is great, although they need to replace Sinbad, and I always thought that PF was a cute show, and a great way to beat the heat. And if they get rid of Mythos? Somebodys gonna die.

I agree...
In fact pre-WWOHP, I always thought Lost Continent had the best theming of all the islands.
I still miss the Enchanted Oak, and the view when you cross the bridge into LC is one of the best in the park!
IMG_4781.JPG

On the subject of the Lost Continent, I don't think it should go. Yeah, it lost it's major rides and is left with Sinbad and Poseidon (ugh!), but just getting rid of TLC (an original island) will seem rather lazy, while they can add attractions/rides to make that section better. I said it once and I'll say it again: Universal needs to start adding attractions without replacing others (HRRR is a good example of what I mean).