The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 999 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe I'm just crazy, but it feels like the dementor scene got new/improved lighting. It feels darker in there now, and the dementors in the first room feel a bit more well-lit.

Hopefully a sign that FJ (as much as I adore it) is finally getting some much-needed love?

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just crazy
Oh definitely. It's why we're all here. Welcome to group therapy....
Mad Losing My Mind GIF

• Haha
Reactions: HHN Maddux
Maybe I'm just crazy, but it feels like the dementor scene got new/improved lighting. It feels darker in there now, and the dementors in the first room feel a bit more well-lit.

Hopefully a sign that FJ (as much as I adore it) is finally getting some much-needed love?
I felt the same when riding it last week. But it was two years since my last trip so I couldn't tell for sure. Effects were definitely overall better than my last trip. Willow didn't work then and the Dragon smoke was minimal, now it's heavy smoke and weeping willow was fine.

These are the kinds of little incremental pre-Epic price creeps we were talking about in the Kong thread. They need to tighten the budget this year, and that means little tweaks to keep as much money circulating back to them as they can.

It's certainly not fun to see these kinds of things, but I'll be completely honest that I get Butterbeer so infrequently that an extra .50 cents for a cup is not something I or many, many other people will even blink twice at. On the scale of Rollercoaster Tycoon-style MinMaxxing, this is incredibly tame.

Now if they pull a harsher move and bump it up to $10, or god forbid $15 for the same cup, then that's something to really cause a stir about. Simply no good reason for that big of a bump at all.

These are the kinds of little incremental pre-Epic price creeps we were talking about in the Kong thread. They need to tighten the budget this year, and that means little tweaks to keep as much money circulating back to them as they can.

It's certainly not fun to see these kinds of things, but I'll be completely honest that I get Butterbeer so infrequently that an extra .50 cents for a cup is not something I or many, many other people will even blink twice at. On the scale of Rollercoaster Tycoon-style MinMaxxing, this is incredibly tame.

Now if they pull a harsher move and bump it up to $10, or god forbid $15 for the same cup, then that's something to really cause a stir about. Simply no good reason for that big of a bump at all.
Well, these increments are usually paired with other price increases elsewhere in the parks (soda, water, food, merchandise, etc.)... so I'll be on the lookout.

I mean, with taxes it's pretty much a $10 cup now lol