The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 420 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm contemplating a robe but I may hold off on that and make one myself if push comes to shove. It would be very easy for me to spend hundreds just on the smaller stuff, not just brooms, chess sets, etc.
I spent near $30 and all I bought was my scarf, Butterbeer, and Pumpkin Juice. That was with a great discount on food and a pretty good discount on merch.

Reactions: Colleendoll
Why not, I know so many Disney hotel based people angry about no softs however not really supporting Universal by staying there. If I was running the place i would do likewise. Interesting to know if on site guest are more valuable to them than the average pass holder. Wouldn't take much at the room rate per night.

I'm not worried about Fj. it opens what it opens, i just want to SPEND MONEY. i have an annual pass i can go when ever i want, but I'm bored this weekend and i feel like blowing a thousand dollars.

Who is saying it broke down....
Maybe they found something they really liked to change during TM preview.
And Briman informed us about "unexpected" crowds at FJ today, while Universal only wanted to show it to Virgin Employees.

I would have to go back through the pages..the person who confirmed last night todays arrangement mentioned it was not intended as an emergency drill yesterday and there are tweets it stopped today. You would not stop it today for unexpected crowds with it only open for a limited time anyway.

I'm surprised the are allowing you to book for one night and provide access as I thought they extended the package holders bookings minimum nights for a stay. I guess any margin revenue is good revenue. I would have thought they would be at maximum occupancy which they are clearly are not....

You know what... Universal is very shrewd. They don't even have to limit softs to hotel guest. They only have to do so long enough to sell out their rooms. Once rooms are all booked, Universal can slowly let the general public in. Only enough so that people out of fear keep their reservation as their "guarantee". Enough people so that it starts to ease the public relations nightmare and prepare the TMs for the onslaught.

Interesting. Curious to see how this plays out. In some ways I agree with the poster who defended Universals actions. I don't support such blatant capitalism, but Universal does have 3 lovely hotel offerings and people do tend to stay at Disney and travel over only for a day or two. They want people to see their resort as the real deal. It makes sense. They have leverage.

Last edited:
It's not like they let you record on the ride. To be sure they don't, just like they don't on Jaws, Mummy, Spiderman, etc.

I beg to differ. If you go to youtube, you can find video of every attraction that doesn't allow video recording. Someone will have video of something in some form, even if it's just an audio recording of the ride.

Ok so it's official Im booking a room for a night just for my friends and I!

Also, remember guys that you'll get express for both the day you check-in and check-out. So stay 1 night and get 2 days of Unlimited Express. Also, I would guess that you'd be permitted into WWOHP for check-in and check-out days.

I beg to differ. If you go to youtube, you can find video of every attraction that doesn't allow video recording. Someone will have video of something in some form, even if it's just an audio recording of the ride.
I never said there wouldn't be a bootlegged video I just said that they don't let you record on the ride so the chances of there being a ride video this early is slim.

You know what... Universal is very shrewd. They don't even have to limit softs to hotel guest. They only have to do so long enough to sell out their rooms. Once rooms are all booked, Universal can slowly let the general public in. Only enough so that people out of fear keep their reservation as their "guarantee". Enough people so that it starts to ease the public relations nightmare and prepare the TMs for the onslaught.

Interesting. Curious to see how this plays out. In some ways I agree with the poster who defended Universals actions. I don't support such blatant capitalism, but Universal does have 3 lovely hotel offerings and people do tend to stay at Disney and travel over only for a day or two. They want people to see their resort as the real deal. It makes sense. They have leverage.

I agree completely. Universal has the power in this case, and can do whatever they want. Since it's not June 18th yet, everyone should be damn lucky to get to experience FJ. Nobody has any right to complain at all, seeing as how the ride isn't officially open yet, and Universal has made absolutely no claims that it would be at this point.

Since it's not June 18th yet, people don't have the right (god, i hate that word) to go on the ride. They can open and close FJ whenever they want, and allow whoever they want into it. In this case, allowing exclusive access to hotel guests makes perfect sense because they get additional revenue on that front, plus they can advertise their fine hotels. Maybe in the next phase, they will restrict it to Express passholders before letting everyone in.

I think you have a point but once it becomes a PR nightmare they will bend to the public will. All business do it. When you make enough people angry you try to fix the situation. No one is saying they have a right to be there. If we keep the pressure on they will give in. I promise you.

i'am so glad uni is getting these complaints. They suck, i just called and told them. i dont care if you guys say "thats not nice" because many people are confused about all this harry potter stuff.