The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 436 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it's WAY too early in the game to call this another Rockit.
We don't know the motivations behind the stopping of the ride. If it is thoroughly unplanned breaking down, give it some time. Mind you, these are the ride's first days of being used with actual people. No ride will go without problems its first few times. Look at Mummy-- many, myself included, place it among their favorites, and it breaks down at least once every few hours.
Things like these need time. It's new technology, new tactics, new everything.
And, between today and the 18th, I'm sure a few more wrinkles will be smoothed out.

We don't know the motivations behind the stopping of the ride. If it is thoroughly unplanned breaking down, give it some time. Mind you, these are the ride's first days of being used with actual people. No ride will go without problems its first few times. Look at Mummy-- many, myself included, place it among their favorites, and it breaks down at least once every few hours.
And, between today and the 18th, I'm sure a few more wrinkles will be smoothed out.

Agreed. Did you ever go near Rockit during the testing phase, Bryan? It was much worse than this. We honestly have no clue how many people were able to test the ride before the package previews began.

I suggest you watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA93_f5m0MY

I seem to remember Rockit at least letting people ride during it's previews, even though they were a whole three days worth before officially open :p

A few more tweets from @FLallday and @attractions:
Dueling Dragons will not open till 12pm NOON today. Guy said it takes 2 hours to move walls [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG] http://twitpic.com/1s54sn
Forbidden Journey was open for an hour or so at 8am, but has now closed. It's been up & down with technical problems [HASHTAG]#potterwatch[/HASHTAG]
The restrooms in Wizarding World look kinda gross at first. Yes Moaning Meyrtl is in boys & girls. [HASHTAG]#wwohp[/HASHTAG] http://twitpic.com/1s563e

Also according to a security guard FLallday talked to, today was supposed to be the first day of softs but UO changed their mind. The guard also said "Soft-openings are on a day-to-day basis, and when it does happen, it'll either be in the morning or late afternoon."

FJ ran til 8:20 today. People behind me in line at Ollivander's were on the ride when it stopped, were stuck "up there" for 45 minutes and had to be taken down via rolling stairs from their seats. They said they tried to restart it to try and get them to the normal exit but the ride would move 2 inches, stop, 2 inches, stop. The ride has not moved at this time as their hat is still stuck in there. It ran yesterday for an hour and a half apparently.

FLallday spoke to a family who rode FJ today before it broke down.

Their non-spoiler review was "Forbidden Journey was everybody's favorite ride. Said it was a mix or Soarin, Spiderman, Dragons, & Simpsons. Doesn't go upside down. Capacity sucks, so go early if you wanna ride FJ. It's not in 3D, but it feels just like it. Lots of animatronics. Dad said it was scary!"

Not to sound pessamistic...but having the ride break to the point that riders had to be evacuated is a bad bad thing. Sure these are softs, but the ride officially opens in 3 weeks. That's not a lot of time to get things up and running for mass crowds. I'm considering delaying my visit until they get the bugs worked out.

--- Update ---

Also I think universal should not let people ride this until it's actually working. 20 mins and then it breaks down for the day? That's terrible

....... Look at Mummy-- many, myself included, place it among their favorites, and it breaks down at least once every few hours.

There are times when I wish the thing about Mummy is true but 95% of the time I am there that ride works fine........ I haven't had a down time there in FOREVER!!!!!

Also YES it is new technology, YES the kinks will be worked out but to give a time frame is wrong...... All rides no matter how old will show something or other over time......I remember working at Test Track on time a few years back and a part on one of the cars broke.....turned out they claimed that one part would never break so 10 years after opening a ride the ride had to be shut down and new procedures were put in place to accomodate this "Kink".....many rides are like this. I have worked in theme parks for years and there is always something new to be learned even on rides that are 20 and 30 years old........MY POINT, please be patient.

Not to sound pessamistic...but having the ride break to the point that riders had to be evacuated is a bad bad thing. Sure these are softs, but the ride officially opens in 3 weeks. That's not a lot of time to get things up and running for mass crowds. I'm considering delaying my visit until they get the bugs worked out.

--- Update ---

Also I think universal should not let people ride this until it's actually working. 20 mins and then it breaks down for the day? That's terrible

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just give them the time they need. They'll have the vast majority of the kinks worked out in three weeks. I feel it's better these things happen now, and not when the real deal comes.

Their Hat is stuck where? Their hat fell off during the ride? I think stuff falling off from people could be what is stopping the ride. Ride tracks are very sensitive to obstructions.

It's true that an obstruction can cause something to go down but also we may have to look at their down time procedures in this phase.....are the engineers the only ones to work on the ride or does UO maitnance have the building.....what was the initial cause and effect for the ride and so on.......sometimes ride down times are simple a hat on a sensor or something silly others could be "connector A and podium 55 sequence does not agree. cause blah blah blab...." with something like the second the people have to research it see if there were any warning and so on it really can be a drawn out process

IMG00056-20100529-1045.jpg
[/IMG]

I guess this is what everybody wanted to see....enjoy

Low quality photo but you get the idea.

The smoke in the photo that was posted earlier is not a dementor its an effect for the dragon..the ride photo is taken when you encounter the dragon.

--- Update ---

and if you look close the inside of the ride chairs are wooden but the out sides are yellow..:-X

i would of liked to see the entire chair painted the wooden color.. come on UNI. :bang:

Last edited: