The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 449 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, I went through the comptroller docs from Jan 1 until now this morning. The "Bridge Work" NOC (notice of commencement) went out on 5/17/10. My theory is that while the bridge was intended to be temporarily temporary, Universal is seriously worried that they might max out the WW capacity and have to close it at times to additional guests. So they are keeping the temporary bridge for the time being just in case they have to reroute guests around the WW. It will probably stay that way for a year. I promise you it is in no way a permanent bridge as it was not constructed as such. UO will probably figure out the entrance/exit scenarios that develop and have vouchers for those turned away to return at a somewhat later time. But remember, this is only conjecture on my part.

There was a very late NOC document for a Project Strongarm - Tapestry issued on 4/28/10 for the company Color Reflections, Inc. http://www.coloreflections.com/

Finally there were a ton of WW related NOC's for everything from the airport store to a Strongarm Chandelier Install at the USF Store. Which one, I have no idea.

It will probably stay that way for a year. I promise you it is in no way a permanent bridge as it was not constructed as such.

There are no plans to ever remove the bridge. Whether or not it remains open as a public pathway in the theme park is another question entirely, but for simple story integrity, the bridge will stay. Can't have Jurassic Park rangers roaming the streets of Hogsmeade, now can they?

--- Update ---

Oh my. . . . I mean, I'm not entirely shocked, considering Rock It still doesn't have express, but still. . . . I guess I'll just ride it once in the morning and once at night while I'm there.

Rockit is a different entity though. It's standard that new rides do not offer express for the first few months. Mummy was the same way. So was Simpsons, if memory serves. Forbidden Journey will defnitely have express, but not having it for the summer season is actually a benefit for EVERYONE wishing to ride it!

damn, rumor is 6 hour wait once is fully opened.

Dudes, get ready your iPads and stuff.

Going to waiting a whole day for a ride...
the most I waited for a ride is 5 hours. It is harddddd, maybe watching 3 potter movies while waiting might be good eh?
6 hours....insane....

From @FLallday:

TM's saying Express won't be used this summer at Forbidden Journey due to the crowds. Only Standby line -- no singles either.

:shrug:

That somewhat syncs with my theory about the temporary bridge above. And what is going to happen with all of these people putting their robes on inside the park??? That isn't going to fly for long.

There are no plans to ever remove the bridge. Whether or not it remains open as a public pathway in the theme park is another question entirely, but for simple story integrity, the bridge will stay.

Are we talking about the same bridge???? I am talking about the wooden pole driven bridge that was built three years ago. The comptroller docs for that construction termed it "Temporary Bridge Construction", and that was on multiple comptroller documents. Not sure how removing it would mess up "story integrity" at all as it it wasn't original to JP in the first place.

Can't have Jurassic Park rangers roaming the streets of Hogsmeade, now can they?

Not sure what you mean by this...

Last edited:
damn, rumor is 6 hour wait once is fully opened.

Dudes, get ready your iPads and stuff.

Going to waiting a whole day for a ride...
the most I waited for a ride is 5 hours. It is harddddd, maybe watching 3 potter movies while waiting might be good eh?
6 hours....insane....

Unless are happy to have your Ipad stuffed up your top that could be a problem since the lockers are only just inside the castle!

Well I'll be staying on-site, so . . .

No express for you.
SN.jpg

Reactions: ChristopherSE
Hey guys for any that went today or know someone that went today.....I heard reports that they weren't selling beer at Hogs Head before noon since it was Sunday. I know that this is not a Florida law, so is this true or could it be something else? Any insight or ideas?

Also just booked a hotel room for the 9th......Seeing how it is coming across that it's my only way in. I am considering this to be a mini vacation for myself.

I am seriously doubting 6 hours. I would think that once the line got up to 3-4 hours, most people wouldn't be willing to get in line. Even if I was someone who paid thousands of dollars to come over from Europe, if I saw that I would have to waste a whole day in line for that one ride, I certainly wouldn't do that. Maybe Potter fanatics, but not your general public. It also sounds like it's a line that steadily moves, not the kind where you stand there for 10 minutes and then finally move a little bit like the Simpsons.

Hey guys for any that went today or know someone that went today.....I heard reports that they weren't selling beer at Hogs Head before noon since it was Sunday. I know that this is not a Florida law, so is this true or could it be something else? Any insight or ideas?

Also just booked a hotel room for the 9th......Seeing how it is coming across that it's my only way in. I am considering this to be a mini vacation for myself.

there is a florida law or something like that

I've been in a grocery store on a sunday morning and they had signs out saying you couldn't purchase beer before noon

Oh yeah. You wouldn't be able to bring an iPad or Deathly Hallows book. Man, that sucks royal hippogryph. Unless you have an iphone or something. That would fit in the compartment.

And I'm sorry if I sound snooty or something, but it is of "course" not "coarse". I was trying not to say anything but it was bothering me. Why does my mom have to be a teacher....

I'm processing a video of the Forbidden Journey ride for those who want spoilers.

:faint:
^ That's me dying ^

Oh, and :rep: for the Soup Nazi reference :happy:

Last edited:
I am seriously doubting 6 hours. I would think that once the line got up to 3-4 hours, most people wouldn't be willing to get in line. Even if I was someone who paid thousands of dollars to come over from Europe, if I saw that I would have to waste a whole day in line for that one ride, I certainly wouldn't do that. Maybe Potter fanatics, but not your general public. It also sounds like it's a line that steadily moves, not the kind where you stand there for 10 minutes and then finally move a little bit like the Simpsons.

That's why I wouldn't mind at all the line already being 90mins when we arrive; at least it's a very interesting queue, but no way would we re-join the queue when it becomes insane :)
But 6 hours is apparently what the FJ queue can handle with all queue lines open.

there is a florida law or something like that

I've been in a grocery store on a sunday morning and they had signs out saying you couldn't purchase beer before noon

I work at Walmart (just down the road from UO) and We start selling at 9am everyday no restrictions no exceptions about times.