The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 450 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh yeah. You wouldn't be able to bring an iPad or Deathly Hallows book. Man, that sucks royal hippogryph. Unless you have an iphone or something. That would fit in the compartment.

And I'm sorry if I sound snooty or something, but it is of "course" not "coarse". I was trying not to say anything but it was bothering me. Why does my mom have to be a teacher....

:

you know what to do? stick your iPad in your shirt near your chest. The restraint will hold it hehehe.

Yeah, iPhone and itouch and a REAL book will do the trick spending those 6 hours.
Hopefully even poker cards to play with your buddies, oh wait, is freaking dark inside.

Nintendo DS! I guess!!

yeah I think watching the potter movies while wait in Hogwarts will I guess, even more immersive your ass into the world.

I work at Walmart (just down the road from UO) and We start selling at 9am everyday no restrictions no exceptions about times.

Well that's nice to hear. In Tennessee (you can't drive a mile in any direction without seeing a church) stores can't open on Sunday until 11am, I think. What ever happened to separation of church and state?

Well that's nice to hear. In Tennessee (you can't drive a mile in any direction without seeing a church) stores can't open on Sunday until 11am, I think. What ever happened to separation of church and state?

Although the separation of church and state should be for another topic I will say this .......if you read a lot of history....there never was a true separation of church and state. Many laws in the early days were just extensions of what the church told you was right and wrong.

Just posted a video of the Forbidden Journey ride.

I just died.

And not because of me watching it, but because it's there. It's available. And I have to wait until July.

-- edit --

I did watch the first 20 seconds to get a glimpse at the speed the benches slide through the loading station, though. Is it just me or does it look considerably faster than Rock It?

Last edited:
Spoiler Alert!

Just posted a video of the Forbidden Journey ride. Don't watch if you don't want to hear it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8KHb2yIiuY

]

Cool, nice work (to catpure it when is working)

nope not ruined, cant see anything (thats good, hehe)

Yeah, i guess if anyone wants to capture it, nightvision camera is needed.

I am surprised, that most of the ride is a simulator.
thought it was only 2 screens or scenes for the virtual part.

SPOILER ALERT!!

I knew that the only great hall we will see , is a screen,
but did not expect that, the moving staircases is also a screen.

i did catch the TOT-ish rip-off on the dementor sucking your soul, projection of your face onto fog screen effect.
NICEEEE

SPOILER ENDS

(but is pretty cool, it is a multi-layered of musion screens to give it dimension instead of just a 2D screen like the ride film itself.

but yes, it does seem not intanse.

Is the people you were riding with, just not screaming or anything?
atleast people scream in spiderman.
I hear no screaming or is it the audio?

I just died.

And not because of me watching it, but because it's there. It's available. And I have to wait until July.

-- edit --

I did watch the first 20 seconds to get a glimpse at the speed the benches slide through the loading station, though. Is it just me or does it look considerably faster than Rock It?

i dont think it really spoils it you cant see too much... think you cant even slightly get to terms with the experience from a POV video you have to ride it! looks very promising though!

Is the people you were riding with, just not screaming or anything?
atleast people scream in spiderman.
I hear no screaming or is it the audio?

I guess no one was screaming, I was riding with a dad and his two sons though.
The screens aren't multi-layered that I could tell, but everything goes by fast.

SPOILER!!!!!

hey, we do get to go into the courtyard!!
for 1 second!!
virtual courtyard then half movie set half screen great hall and screen moving staircase.

Now, we all know WHY they put the courtyard in the Commercial.
Like I said before, we DO fly in with harry (just like in the commericial)

but it does make perfect sense to end the ride there.

I give props to UC for that.

SPOILER ENDS

I guess no one was screaming, I was riding with a dad and his two sons though.
The screens aren't multi-layered that I could tell, but everything goes by fast.

damn, no one is screaming.
I hope UC tweak the ride program a bit more.

even in Indy, people make sounds. I hate when a ride, where people are all quiet.
It is like ET.

oh, my bad.
You are right. it is not multi layed of the END scene.

I was fooled for a second with the squeching effect of the video screen (like spiderman)
eventho I knew that the great hall scene was squench from the very very begining during "the making of" video.

Almost looked 3D when it squenched with the view angle. hehe.

I guess this will be the first 2D squenching ride.
Because all squeching only applies to 3D/4D rides.

One more big question, Matt.

Are the screen super HD video projection?? (I mean like the current IMAX screens which are 4K resolution)
because obvioulsy I couldnt tell from the video.

I'd say that video ruins nothing....because we knew most of those things would be there. And if it's better than spiderman than that video would be no indication. But of course I'm SUPER EXCITED

WHOA

another SPOILER alert (Highlight to read).

am I guessing right?

when we start to fly, we go thru the Astronemers Tower towards to the outside of the castle?
It seems like it flys out of the castle thru that tower

or am I am wrong. Where do we fly out?

END Spoiler

Reactions: melodrama