The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 524 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
HEY GUYS! I just came back from the WWOHP! It was great. I was in dumbledore's office when the ride went down. I had to wat about 30 minutes and just when i was about to get out of the line they announced it was working again. I got to ride it twice and I loved it. I liked butterbeer but pumpkin juice was better. I'm going again tomorrow morning before I go back Home.

HEY GUYS! I just came back from the WWOHP! It was great. I was in dumbledore's office when the ride went down. I had to wat about 30 minutes and just when i was about to get out of the line they announced it was working again. I got to ride it twice and I loved it. I liked butterbeer but pumpkin juice was better. I'm going again tomorrow morning before I go back Home.

Were you part of the GP, a hotel guest, or a package holder?

A hotel guest. Qt the Gates to the par there were two lines one for hotel guests and one for the GP but I don't know if any of them got in.
Good to know there are two lines. I would hate to be waiting in the wrong line so how do they tell you which line is which?

Welcome to posting! :D Nice pics! Some of the best moving portrait pics I've seen! Quick question, how much was the luggage tag? Oh and where did you get your GO commemorative ticket?

Thanks, Felipe! The luggage tag was $9.95, if I remember correctly. I picked up my commemorative ticket from the Universal Studio Store (inside Universal Studios, obviously, haha) but the little redemption ticket said we could also pick it up from a store inside IOA as well as on CityWalk.

Twilight is the "cool thing" right now... and MTV and their viewers are all about the "cool" of "right now," which isn't always the most interesting and worthwhile stuff, but it's whatthey go for.
MTV totally lost my interest and respect when they stopped being about music. I mean come on... MTV... MUSIC television... whatever...

No, it's demographics. The majority of the voters for the MTV movie awards are tween/young teen girls. Harry Potter's not going to win anything, and -- despite me being a huge fan of HP -- that doesn't really bother me at all. MTV is crap.

Oh, just a fun fact for the day. I had a class last semester with a girl who was on MTV's "16 and Pregnant" (classy), and a camera crew totally came to class one day. It was awkward. So there...

Last edited:
No, it's demographics. The majority of the voters for the MTV movie awards are tween/young teen girls. Harry Potter's not going to win anything, and -- despite me being a huge fan of HP -- that doesn't really bother me at all. MTV is crap.

Oh, just a fun fact for the day. I had a class last semester with a girl who was on MTV's "16 and Pregnant" (classy), and a camera crew totally came to class one day. It was awkward. So there...
Yeah, I've seen that show. Total trash. That's kind of crazy that you were there for a taping. Small world, eh?

I think Universal will stick with what they did when they started morning GPs, they will start on the first non-weekend day this week, which will be tomorrow. As long as FJ is running I think they will try to do everything tomorrow. Orlando will not be packed this week, kids either are getting out of school this week or the end of last, most parents don't go the very first week out. So the few schools that may be out only a couple parents will do vacations that week. Local schools first day out is Thursday, so if Uni does full days Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday it will give them nice soft crowds for three days to work everything out. Then sometime next week they will try with heavier crowds.

Just my opinion.

I'm going to watch it, anyone else?

I'll be watching and I'm sure 99% of those who follow this thread will be as well. :lol:

I actually think I may be disappointed in it. I don't see them being able to explain much in 30 minutes. Hopefully they can prove me wrong. :shrug:

It's on so far it looks like the DVD

--- Update ---

get to the good stuff :bang:

lol I have no attention

--- Update ---

cool they made a time lapse out of the camera they put up on top the frozen dessert

At the end they should show the time frame from that camera from Day 1 to now. Over 2 years in building in one minute. Awesomeness.

Liking the special so far. We've seen everything because we've been on this site consistently for so long lol. This is really good for unaware people.

take a shot everytime someone says immersive

--- Update ---

that was a new commercial

they had dragon challenge animated

--- Update ---

so far i think they've used 60 seconds of actual footage of the park

--- Update ---

five minutes left and i think they showed the hogs head a lil bit of honeydukes and hogsmede

they mentioned all those places and didn't show anything lol

It's over. It was OK but overall disappointing. Most of the show was from previously used clips and photos which was disappointing. There were a few new and unique angles and photos of stuff which was nice but really, it was nothing new.

Bottom line, it seemed like a huge advertisement instead of a "Making of.." I was hoping for something more along the lines of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rJqA4ivyQw

Nothing amazing about the special. It was a mix of the Bluray extras, website virtual tour and some random bits of concept art. Only thing good about the special was the great shot of the Sorting Hat talking.

That was such a rip off. They showed about 5 seconds of new material. I thought we'd at least get a shot of the load platform..or maybe an arm just sitting there. UGH..why can't they do a special like the one on spiderman?