The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 594 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I defintely agree about the value hotel, but I think they need more than one, I would even say go as far as making some of the Fairfield Inns and the like surrounding the place "on site" resorts.

They also need a "Magical Express" type of deal from the airport to the parks

But the biggest thing they need to do is tweak their ticket options. First of all, there needs to be a better, and stronger relationship with Sea World, Busch, and Legoland once it opens. A Disney-esque Magic Your Way ticket option would do wonders for all of these parks, along with a nice transportation fleet. yes, they may spend a good amount money going as far as Busch, but the package deals would more than make up for it with the number of people it would bring in. If they did this, they would really have a huge case against the mouse for a destination in central Florida with 5 theme parks and 2 water parks.

And as far as this being the first significant upgrade to IOA I have to agree and disagree. The first major attraction added was the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Ride. I deem it a major addtion because it always have a 45+ minute wait. I know it was part of the original plans, but it was added in later. Storm Force was also added in later as well and Pteradon Flyers was also added after the park opened as well. So they have added a few things here and there, but this is a MAJOR expansion to the park moreso than just an addition. IOA for a good 5 -7 years after it first opened was continually considered a top 5 theme park in the world, they DIDNT have to add anything. But now that attendance is going lower they needed a shot in the butt and HP is giving it to the park a swish and flick of the wand.

I agree, but IoA and Uni(but moreso IoA) really neglect the younger crowd. it's like the anti-Magic Kingdom, but both parks have the same problem at this time: They aim for a small demographic. MK is turning into a kiddy park with a few bones thrown to the adults and IoA as of now is basically a thrill park with a few bones thrown to the kids. IoA needs more attractions like Cat in the Hat, Suess Trolly, and Pteradon Flyers. Things for the kids and parents to enjoy together. Also, it needs less water rides. I love the ones that are there, but sometimes I want to go to the park and not get wet, which cuts 3 of IoAs major rides out.

--- Update ---

Are they letting general public into the WWoHP today?

it doesn't look like it from twitter.

@King_K
Where (and what) is this?
23350_433040609594_510164594_5628397_3914970_n.jpg

It was done in '07. If you were on it before, I find it almost impossible that you didn't notice how freaking great it looked, compared to how it looked from 2000-2006.

Yeah, I was on it. I moved here in 2005, so I have been on it since 2005 to present. Honestly, never noticed the change. I noticed the change in other rides like Pirates and Mexico. But maybe I was only on it once during the old version, so maybe that is why I didn't notice.

The SM refurbish is a complete joke. We went there the other day expecting something cool and all we got was same old same old with some new video screens in the queue that was not even working. Oh and the giant cookies in the sky that my hubby loved are gone.

Mexico refurb, while not a huge refurb is pretty cool. Made that boat ride more entertaining.

But the biggest thing they need to do is tweak their ticket options. First of all, there needs to be a better, and stronger relationship with Sea World, Busch, and Legoland once it opens. A Disney-esque Magic Your Way ticket option would do wonders for all of these parks, along with a nice transportation fleet. yes, they may spend a good amount money going as far as Busch, but the package deals would more than make up for it with the number of people it would bring in. If they did this, they would really have a huge case against the mouse for a destination in central Florida with 5 theme parks and 2 water parks.

I agree, but IoA and Uni(but moreso IoA) really neglect the younger crowd. it's like the anti-Magic Kingdom, but both parks have the same problem at this time: They aim for a small demographic. MK is turning into a kiddy park with a few bones thrown to the adults and IoA as of now is basically a thrill park with a few bones thrown to the kids. IoA needs more attractions like Cat in the Hat, Suess Trolly, and Pteradon Flyers. Things for the kids and parents to enjoy together. Also, it needs less water rides. I love the ones that are there, but sometimes I want to go to the park and not get wet, which cuts 3 of IoAs major rides out.

I agree with all your points. The ticket options are bad and I think a lot of the reason people don't go there. People are all about saving money, so when people come to visit us, they tend to get the Disney 10-day no expiration, park hopper pass. Then each time they come down they use the pass, which means they don't want to go to Uni, Sea World, or Busch gardens. Because a one-day pass is awful and they don't have passes that would allow them to save any money. I think the parks should get together and do something like Disney has which is 10-day no expiration passes that would be good in any park. No the logistics of this is probably what stops them. Because each place has different scanners. So they would need some kind of voucher system where you can exchange the voucher at a window for the actual ticket. They don't even need to do the park hopper part, but it wouldn't hurt to allow people to pay more to hop between the two Uni or SeaWorld parks. That and some kind of transportation would work well.

I also think Uni needs more attractions. It is sad, but I can make it through both parks in July in one day. Now I don't ride any of the lame stuff that I have seen a bunch of times. But even did it when we had guests down one time and they wanted to see more stuff. But in IOA we skipped the water stuff because we didn't want to get wet. Then we skipped kiddie stuff, as we were not kids. I can't do Magic Kingdom alone in one day with guests any time of the year and especially not in July. That too me is a huge issue with Uni. They need more show like attractions that appeal to adults and kids (Bugs life, Mickey Philh..., etc.).

Bottom line, they could easily approve without spending too much money and start racking in the cash. If they tried to work with other parks, transportation, cheaper hotels, better pass options, etc.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was on it. I moved here in 2005, so I have been on it since 2005 to present. Honestly, never noticed the change. I noticed the change in other rides like Pirates and Mexico. But maybe I was only on it once during the old version, so maybe that is why I didn't notice.

The SM refurbish is a complete joke. We went there the other day expecting something cool and all we got was same old same old with some new video screens in the queue that was not even working. Oh and the giant cookies in the sky that my hubby loved are gone.

Mexico refurb, while not a huge refurb is pretty cool. Made that boat ride more entertaining.

Yea, the Space one was depressing. Especially knowing what was supposed to go down, and ending up with almost none of it being done. As for the "cookies" I can't say I'm upset they're gone. They were so dumb looking, IMO.

I defintely agree about the value hotel, but I think they need more than one, I would even say go as far as making some of the Fairfield Inns and the like surrounding the place "on site" resorts.

Universal does work with about 33 local hotels as Partner Hotels. Holiday Inn & Suites and Doubletree are two of them as well as the Fairfield. You can book these hotel as a Universal Package from Universals website. Partner Hotels provide scheduled transportation and discounts in the Parks and Citywalk on F&B and Merchandise in select locations. The only thing you don't get at the Partner Hotels is fast pass. That is only for the onsite Loews hotels.

http://www.universalorlandovacations.com/hotels/index.asp

Last edited:
Universal does work with about 12 local hotels as Partner Hotels. Holiday Inn & Suites and Doubletree are two of them. You can book these hotel as a Universal Package from Universals website. Partner Hotels provide scheduled transportation and discounts in the Parks on F&B and Merchandise. The only thing you don't get at the Partner Hotels is fast pass. That is only for the onsite Loews hotels.

Oh, I know. I'm planning on staying at one of them. But I'm saying, if Potter ends up being huge and IoA and Uni become vastly more popular, along with a partnership with Sea World, Busch, and Legoland, make a few(not all) "onsite" and give them all the perks of the Loews hotels.

The Magical Express FRIED UOR. I was here when it started and many employees at UOR saw the drop off the day Magical Express began. I am not sure why they haven't come up with something similar, but MEARS might have been locked in by Disney leaving UOR few options. Bottom line is that there is little reason to stay 5-7 days at UOR. No golf courses, no lakes to boat in or paraglide from, No miniature golf, No lakeside wedding chapel... it goes on and on and on when it comes to WDW.

A theme park cannot be all things to all people. There is very little for young children at HS, Epcot, or AK. The only thrill for adults at MK is watching their children be wide eyed at all of the kiddie stuff. Otherwise, it is a bore for most average teens and adults.

Universal has very little in it's treasure box to create a full blown Enchanted childrens park.

The Magical Express FRIED UOR. I was here when it started and many employees at UOR saw the drop off the day Magical Express began. I am not sure why they haven't come up with something similar, but MEARS might have been locked in by Disney leaving UOR few options. Bottom line is that there is little reason to stay 5-7 days at UOR. No golf courses, no lakes to boat in or paraglide from, No miniature golf, No lakeside wedding chapel... it goes on and on and on when it comes to WDW..

Exactly why I said they should partner with the other parks and comapnies in the area. None of the points in that post should be taken as a spereate point, save for IoA acheiving a better balance.

A theme park cannot be all things to all people. There is very little for young children at HS, Epcot, or AK. The only thrill for adults at MK is watching their children be wide eyed at all of the kiddie stuff. Otherwise, it is a bore for most average teens and adults.

Universal has very little in it's treasure box to create a full blown Enchanted childrens park.

And I'm not saying they should. But balance is key in attracting a ton of visitors, and right now IoA has basically 0 balance. And I mentioned MK being a bore for the older audience as my example on the flip side, but it wasn't like this before. it's been a recent cevelopement that everything in the park is geared to the 5 year olds.

As for there being very little for the young ones to enjoy at Epcot, DHS, and DAK, I somewhat agree, but enjoying isn't necessarily my point. In Epcot the little ones can basically go on everything save for M:S, TT, and Soarin, and even then the height requirements are 44, 40, and 40 respectively. Same with DHS and DAK(there's just not a lot to do in general in these parks). Smaller will enjoy almost anything you throw at them, and IoA just needs a few more rides that don't involve huge drops and thrills to achieve a perfect balance, IMO.

Last edited:
^True, it seems since the higher ups at WDW are soo cheap, that the best they can do to try and "out class" Potter was an expanded meet and greet area and a new little mermaid dark ride that does not compare to the HP dark ride.

They could have been more spectacular with the SM and HM upgrades, but they didn't and now they are shaking in their boots cause of Potter.

And as far as the garages being empty, check them again after Friday. The casual fan DOES NOT KNOW about soft openings, technical rehearsals, or any of the other information we read up on here. They see June 18th, and thats the only date they think they can go on and beyond. Period. So for you Disney fanatics on here who think HP won't do anything for UO, think again and check back again in a week and see what happens. You think the parks are empty cause there are no lines on the ride, it is because everyone is in HP. So just wait until more people start coming next week. Some states aren't even out of school yet either.

*takes a deep breath*

:rant:
rant over

Trust me I'm not a Disney fanatic. Disney hasn't done crap in how many years. We aren't comparing if this will do well for the region and Universal. It will be a great boost to Universal's profit margin. It however will never do for the region or the world what the Magic Kingdom has done. The person on the news said it will be the economic equivilant of what the Magic Kingdon had done for the region. 3 additional theme parks, how many hotels, the developement of the entire central FL region, roads were built,etc. What was created because the Magic Kingdom was built could never happen again. Sorry but the MK opening can never compare to the WWOHP opening.

And I never said it will equal the same impact, but as slow as it is right now because of the economy, this will help the whole area feel a good deserved jolt to their pockets.

How many people on here went and booked an on-site hotel just to make sure they got to see WWoHP before everyone else?? Thats my point, if people on here were willing to pay $179 for a hotel room they didn't even use just to visit this area, imagine how the parents who grew up reading this books and the kids who have watched the movies are going to feel once they walk in.

--- Update ---

Media site has been updated with some great new pictures and videos everyone go and check them out.

www.universalorlando.com/harrypotternews

To be honest I'm not crazy over the new photos they look rushed compared to the other shots. I know these were more to get some with guests in the area but what I really crave are well planned promotional photos of the area at night

ok i give up. uncle!
i am so hopelessly behind. i will never catch up.
can someone pretty please link to some great pictures for me to gawk at?
i'd love to see the dc queue and inside the shops if possible.
thanks x 1000.
:heart:

To be honest I'm not crazy over the new photos they look rushed compared to the other shots. I know these were more to get some with guests in the area but what I really crave are well planned promotional photos of the area at night

The night pictures look like that because of exposure setting in order to capture the castle beautifully lit up, that picture alone probably took a good minute alone hence the blur of people on the right.

These were planned and they look like they were with actors and not regular people walking the area, at least the day shots.