The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 897 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
New paintings in the three broomsticks

Centaurs

Some of the new paintings in the Three Broomsticks

Beauxbatons

They're really dark and some you have to look at close to see what they are.

Reactions: Skubersky
I would buy some of those paintings in a heartbeat! But the real question is, why where the old ones replaced? I'd assume they were moved over to the Leaky Cauldron but that's just a guess.

I would think they are moving them to the leaky cauldron because those were replicas from paintings in the movies in the LC. My favorite is the foot depicting gout, similar picture was used in one of my old lectures.

I like the new paintings. I also really likes the old wall art, so I'm hopeful it will be in the Leaky Cauldron.

Also, I know they require an area with controlled lighting to be effective, but I would love to see some moving portraits in Leaky, if not added to the Three Broomsticks. Out of all the amazing sights and sounds and effects in Hogsmeade and Hogwarts, it's the relatively simple matter of the moving portraits that really clinched the whole experience for me. The first time I visited and every time since, that's what does it.

Thanks for the pics, gryffindor827! :thumbs:

Also, I know they require an area with controlled lighting to be effective, but I would love to see some moving portraits in Leaky, if not added to the Three Broomsticks. Out of all the amazing sights and sounds and effects in Hogsmeade and Hogwarts, it's the relatively simple matter of the moving portraits that really clinched the whole experience for me. The first time I visited and every time since, that's what does it.

That would be really nice! And how about the portrait of Ariana Dumbledore in the Hogs Head? Would be really neat!

I think it's not the worst thing that could happen, if they leave it as a Zonko's facade, and they probably will. But it will be a bit weird exiting Honeydukes and coming out of Zonko's facade, or moreso going into Zonko's facade but actually entering Honeydukes :p

I think it's not the worst thing that could happen, if they leave it as a Zonko's facade, and they probably will. But it will be a bit weird exiting Honeydukes and coming out of Zonko's facade, or moreso going into Zonko's facade but actually entering Honeydukes :p

It was always kinda weird. Doesn't bother me, but Puddifoot's would have been the better aesthetic choice to mesh the two.

It was always kinda weird. Doesn't bother me, but Puddifoot's would have been the better aesthetic choice to mesh the two.

100% agreed!

Hopefully the Diagon Alley Ollivanders will work out well enough that they won't need the Hogsmeade branch, although with the interactive wands coming to both parks, they will probably still want to have a proper wand point of sale/service in Hogsmeade. What I could actually see happen is the Hogsmeade branch losing the show element and becoming a full-on store and interactive wand repair center. I think the interactive wands might require that.

Are they going to rename Ollivanders on the map to "Ollivanders Hogsmeade Branch" to distinguish it between the new one in Diagon Alley? I feel like having the exact same attraction name at both parks will confuse guests.

Last edited: