The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Do you guys see that pathway they've started to make to the left of the Hippogriff lift hill? Do you think that's just for backstage access or are they putting in another entrance/exit to the land where the Gibson entrance used to be?

Reactions: Chris and 12th Man
The queue will be alongside the lift hill so guests will be able to see & get pics of Hagrid's Hut... the part that keeps going is just backstage access. They're not going to put another entrance into the land right there.

That aerial shot is absolutely amazing. Really puts a lot of things about this project into a proper perspective IMO.

Brover, I will be one of those crazies who will be driven mad once scaffolding is completely gone from Hogwarts, even though I know damn well it ain't ready! Haha

I'm assuming the foresty area will be an extended queue through what I'm assuming is the Forbidden Forest for FJ, and it looks pretty damn big, but I'm sure we'll need it badly. Orlando and Japan don't have this big of an extended queue, right?

Also, clear view of what we're assuming is the secondary exit out of the land.

16h70nq.jpg

Yes on both areas. What I find interesting about the exit pathway & the extended queue area is if you look closely, there are two openings in the wall that seem to allow access to/from the exit pathway & extended queue area.

Reactions: 12th Man
I tried butterbeer ice cream a month back when I visited Orlando and honestly it wasn't all that... Like its something that is way over hyped on the web and when u eat it it's good but it's just whatever... It would be cool to have it but I won't die without it..

Don't discount the possibility for Ice Cream to come over for our version. I believe in Orlando they also have Ice cream in the Three Broomsticks and (i could be wrong) with the Butterbeer cart.

It appears to me as if the restrooms are going to be in exactly the same position as they are in Florida. I don't know about you, but those two openings just scream restroom entrance to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, they only sell two or three flavors of regular ice cream at The Three Broomsticks and one of the carts in Hogsmeade over in Florida (no soft serve).

It appears to me as if the restrooms are going to be in exactly the same position as they are in Florida. I don't know about you, but those two openings just scream restroom entrance to me.
Definitely. Just like Japan, our restrooms will be in the same location as Florida's, with the relocated Ollivanders Wand Shop experience to the right.

Reactions: Alexshow.
So is the Forbidden Forest confirmed for USH's special part of WWOHP?

I was sort of expecting it to be a few months back. If it is, I hope they do something cool with it like make noise effects of creatures, rather than give the area some trees and say "here you go, the forbidden forest!" I know it's just an additional line for FJ but they should still do something interesting with it.   

If anything... I'd say expect to see the weasley flying car prop somewhere among the extended queue... it's the best place for it.

jtsnq0j.jpg

^In Orlando's Dragons Challenge queue (Hippogriff's Hagrid's Hut can be seen on the left)

Reactions: chris.g
The least they could do w the extended forest queue would be to install speakers in the rocks and bushes and have forbidden forest sounds echoing as you walk through... Who knows if they will do anything or not

More and more details added all the time.  Split rock coming along slowly.

Hogsmeade_081715_7.jpg
Hogsmeade_081715_6.jpg

Likewise, Owlery tower is inching along toward completion.

Hogsmeade_081715_5.jpg

I see at least three new lanterns that weren't there on my visit 10 days ago.

Hogsmeade_081715_4.jpg

I see paved pathway amongst the trees now.  Very exciting.

Hogsmeade_081715_3.jpg

Greenhouse has expanded to reach cinder block walls around perimeter.  I'm sure the structure will soon be aged to look like the rest.

Hogsmeade_081715_2.jpg
Hogsmeade_081715_1.jpg