The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 148 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it's the same spotlight but it's definitely been adjusted to what looks like its final setting and intensity level.

Coolest thing though was seeing all the different lighting tests and shapes they were projecting onto Hogwarts.

Reactions: Imdbman
How long until they release information on the new Annual Passes you think? Not until January? 

Also, I know this is a small detail, but I wonder when they'll update the billboard on Barham to show HP?

There's definitely always been (and still is) a lot of space on USH property that is wasted potential. Nice to see that trend slowly go away. I just hope they use the space wisely moving forward. Wizarding World is a brilliant addition.

Reactions: Imdbman
Funny. Ten years ago today as a 13 year old, I would always scoul at the sight of the Gibson thinking, "Why the heck do they not put a ride there!?" Look where we are now.
I know, incredibly awesome to see that become the high-budget and mind-blowing Wizarding World :)  Even more so, I remember the Wizarding World opening in Orlando and thinking to myself that this would never come to Hollywood.  But here we are with the land waiting to wrap up construction!!!  On the other hand, as a rock/ music fan, it was a little bit of a shame to see them take down the Gibson as it was so beloved by music fans and major artists.  Regardless, I'm thrilled they replaced it with Harry Potter vs another Jimmy Fallon ride :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I was fortunate enough to come across some photos on social media tonight showing the inside of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts Castle fully illuminated after dark, and I started tearing up (which is quite rare for someone as cold and heartless as I). I think that it's finally hit me that this once unrealistic dream is becoming a full-fledged reality. I can't even fathom the fact that the finish line is within arm's reach at this point.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for a Grinchmas soft opening..!

USH is going to need to set up "emotional support stations" outside of the Wizarding World for people like William and I. I'm going to be an all around absolute mess, no other way to put it. This is a LIFETIME dream come true, and it's not often that *literally* comes to fruition!

Maybe they can set up an infirmary with a Musion Madame Pomfrey and give out skelegrow and chocolate frogs as stamina boosters! :p

Reactions: William
Probably a dopey question to ask, but have either of you been to the Orlando Wizarding World? Or is it merely the freakout of having it in your backyards?

I'm so, so glad I don't work there anymore. I don't think I would go a day without coming into the park and buying a butterbeer everyday. I'd be like the Norm of Wizarding World, stumble into Three Broomsticks, everybody yells my name and they slide me a cold butterbeer. 

...wait no I do want that to be my life.

Are we SURE Universal has no interest in building a Harry Potter themed hotel in Vegas? Get me JK on the line, I'll convince her!!! I can't do Reed's Butterscotch Beer much longer!!

Probably a dopey question to ask, but have either of you been to the Orlando Wizarding World? Or is it merely the freakout of having it in your backyards?

I'm so, so glad I don't work there anymore. I don't think I would go a day without coming into the park and buying a butterbeer everyday. I'd be like the Norm of Wizarding World, stumble into Three Broomsticks, everybody yells my name and they slide me a cold butterbeer.

...wait no I do want that to be my life.

Are we SURE Universal has no interest in building a Harry Potter themed hotel in Vegas? Get me JK on the line, I'll convince her!!! I can't do Reed's Butterscotch Beer much longer!!
I haven't, William has multiple times, not sure about Freak.

I know for William and I, it's our passion for the Harry Potter series more than anything. We're huge Potterheads, and also huge Universal fans, and the land is incredible, so we'd be freaking out either way and anyway you put it. ;) Haha.

And that visual made me laugh! Totally gonna be me! I wonder if they're gonna have to take reservations for Butterbeer eventually lol. I hope the team members are gonna fully embrace the fans and our madness, because we ARE going hard care! Gosh, I'm gonna go absolutely broke inside the land. Hey, Universal, mission accomplished, eh? ;)

And a Hogwarts boutique hotel would be bonkers and so perfect. I'm sure if Universal had the proper land in Hollywood or Orlando, that would've been the goal from the beginning.

I feel like Vegas could pull it off. Have a massive Hogwarts castle hotel with it being surrounded by a lake and you can either choose to valet your car, or arrive at the entrance by boat or thestral carriage for an extra charge. It can have an indoor shopping area themed to a night time Hogsmeade, it would have a classic Hogwarts facade and main structure, as well as 4 different towers representing the different school houses. All famous locations from within Hogwarts would be dining (Great Hall, dungeon), themed walk throughs, and show/entertainment space. Outside, with the black lake, they could have a water show featuring fountains, the Durmstrang ship that would go in and out of the water, mermaids, the giant squid, etc.

If JK Rowling would approve gambling, they could have a Gringotts or Knockturn Alley themed gambling/slot area, when you win you receive souvenir Wizarding money you can redeem for actual cash.

So many possibilities!

Reactions: William
Do we think the walls in front of the entrance arch will come down soon (and be replaced by some gates)? Or are they going to keep those up until the very last minute?

Hagrids Hut coming along.  There was a lot more scaffolding last week.

Hogsmeade_111515_1.jpg

Looks like more trees than before.

Hogsmeade_111515_2.jpg

This stairway looks so 'backyard' that I'm assuming it's for workers only and will be removed later.  What do you think?

Hogsmeade_111515_3.jpg

More and more detail added every time I visit (weekly).  Don't think it shows in any photos but I can see the big vine inside, too.

Hogsmeade_111515_4.jpg
Hogsmeade_111515_5.jpg