The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apparently not. The rumored Grinchmas softs seemed to have been nixed... however, January is a good time to start camping outside Hogsmeade I'd say.

Currently putting out a completely speculative prediction of March 30th, with softs starting in mid-January. That actually might be conservative, we'll see...
Good guess! Official start of Spring is March 20th. Let's see how literal Universal takes it!

Here are a few pics from yesterday (Dec 3rd, 2015) & today (Dec 4th, 2015)...

OnD1fC9.jpg

*sorry I didn't get this centered better... there were people in the way

EQFHA0g.jpg

ZVQ9mg7.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________

h3SBNOW.jpg

BT4vJEC.jpg

XCmTC4K.jpg

Te7ZUvb.jpg

qUjv7Ba.jpg

Nope, they turned on and off the smoke a couple times. Also the park was closed too. But yeah, the lights are really amazing! It is so awesome to have Hogwarts just around 10-15 minutes from home.

Wait, I can't tell. Did you mean the literally or not? lol :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm freaking out!!! Looks so cool!

They've already tested all the regular night mood lighting and projection lights for Hogwarts, this looks like testing for the opening, with the smoke and special lighting behind Hogwarts, etc.

Before anyone says "that means grand/soft opening is close!" or what have you, it's not out of the ordinary to test out the special "event" lighting package ahead of time, it's just programming they can save for later.

Also, they might be getting this lighting package ready for the announcement on December 8th, you never know, might be a live broadcasted announcement.

Definitely won't be live because they said they'll be posting it on their Youtube channel at 7am PT on Tuesday. But this most likely could have been for the video/announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
^

Is it odd that I expected it to be live? It makes sense, due to how big it will have an impact for Hollywood once its announced, as it'll seem likely that ticket sales will atleast see a boost for the first two nights.

Reactions: chris.g
To quote the always articulate Ronald Weasley,

"Wicked."

I'd wager this is testing for the grand opening, or some other type of event/announcement. Florida and Japan's grand openings utilized similar lighting and smoke effects which aren't present on a regular basis.

I think the rose is off the bloom with this WWOHP the last movie was years ago and while it's great to have new stuff in the park I don't think this will have a huge turn out as they think people want new stuff fresh not thing based on a movies that was from 10 years ago while I see it having big crowds maybe in year one year two and three it's going to be seen and done it what's new and asking people to pay $299.00 for a pass that gives you any chance of coming more than once a year is crazy Universal Hollywood  is putting a lot of stock in WWOHP far after the last movie was I just hope it doesn't backfire on them