The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 238 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That would be a good bet for next year considering not much is planned for next year. 

It also lines up with a little tip from a good individual that I trust in this case, for not only the testing of spotlights but an logical reason in particular that is keeping guests in the park for evening operations.

What I'd be most interested to know, is how it'll work. I could see it like the Tree of Life at AK to where there are multiple moments throughout the night to showcase a particular house along with a introduction and a grand finale. It's a guess, but that's what would make sense in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I saw on a twitter feed yesterday that FJ was having single riders go through the employee hallway and stand right off to the side of the moving platform, and would be directed to fill in seats from there.  They had pictures to verify that.  Can anyone else verify?  Is this a permanent policy, or simply because of the elevated holiday crowds?

Also, haven't heard any further about the light test.  Any updates there?

So I saw on a twitter feed yesterday that FJ was having single riders go through the employee hallway and stand right off to the side of the moving platform, and would be directed to fill in seats from there.  They had pictures to verify that.  Can anyone else verify?  Is this a permanent policy, or simply because of the elevated holiday crowds?

Also, haven't heard any further about the light test.  Any updates there?

Because of elevated crowds. Universal has done it before. Just temporary

I rode the 2D version of Forbidden Journey and to be perfectly honest, it seemed to me that they were still running the 3D film, just not giving out the glasses. I checked out the 3D film in Transformers without my glasses on, and the image quality seemed about the same. I am tempted to try and nick a pair of 3D glasses from either Transformers or the Tram tour just to see if the 3D effects are still on Forbidden Journey.

I rode the 2D version of Forbidden Journey and to be perfectly honest, it seemed to me that they were still running the 3D film, just not giving out the glasses. I checked out the 3D film in Transformers without my glasses on, and the image quality seemed about the same. I am tempted to try and nick a pair of 3D glasses from either Transformers or the Tram tour just to see if the 3D effects are still on Forbidden Journey.

First the 3D glasses from the tram won't work for FJ. Second,

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

What are they or what have they done with all of those glasses? Anyone know? Did they destroy them? Are they going to store them until Diagon opens up? Are they going to be utilized for something else? 

Yeah, I would imagine that they'll be shipped off to Japan. Kinda sad. I bet people would pay a lot of money for a limited edition pair of 3D quidditch goggles. I know I would.

I don't think they'll be put in storage. It'll be years before we get Diagon Alley (IF we get Diagon Alley), and that's a long time for them to just be sitting in storage, gathering dust. And I don't think they can be used for anything non-potter in the park. WB probably has a pretty tight grip on that sort of thing.

If you turn the front cover of the new Entertainment Weekly movie guide for HP/FB, you can find a new ad for WWoHP (featuring the 3D goggles!): 

31286564423_0baf41101d_d.jpg

31948500172_c1014981ce_d.jpg

I was so looking forward to the 3D FJ but was so disappointed as they have pull it off.  I was like asking DS... where are the glasses, did we miss the tray ???  Really cheated me.

it is very bright on one of my ride, I can see the metal brackets holding the spiders/dementors and the ceiling at the tree. That really spoilt the whole ride for me, even if I rode it several times to get my money's worth.

Contrary to what I've said before, I actually think the lighting in some of the scenes of the ride hasn't been changed. Maybe I was only paying attention to certain portions of the ride the first time I rode without 3D. After a few more rides, I've been able to nearly spot backstage areas during the dragon scene, the Forbidden Forest scene, the Whomping Willow scene, and the Dementor scene. Funnily enough, those should be the darkest portions of the ride.