The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 241 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm thinking something more like Tree of Life at Animal Kingdom. Random shows occurring every 5-10 mins, keeping crowds flowing. 

Tree of Life and Discovery Island has a great deal of crowd flow space to allow these shows to happen.

Where? Shrek's roof? There isn't exactly a lot of available space for them to just plop a set bleachers down. They literally built the media bleachers on top of parts of the land for the grand opening. 

There's room in FJ's extended queue if needed, and by the FJ exit as well. I'm just spitballing ideas because otherwise I have no clue how they'll pull this off at USH. Maybe they'll indeed just have to stop traffic or maybe even just stock people inside the FJ extended queue. (not the greenhouse obviously)

Even if there was a designated viewing area, park guests would still clog up the main pathway of Hogsmeade trying to get a decent view elsewhere (unless there was some sort of crowd control). I suppose they could use the Triwizard Spirit Rally stage as more room for guests to watch, but that would mean the stage couldn't be in use for shows after a certain time.

The concept of a nighttime show in the Wizarding World is great in theory, but the land itself clearly isn't made for that.

i have ridden FJ well over 30 times. I teared up today when I rode it, the graphics went from 240p to 1080p. It was incredible. The final scene where you are hurrying out of the cave was beyond incredible. My only complaint, the goddamn first floo scene still looks like the projector is broken. They've gotta fix that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ryan and chris.g
Yes, I have to agree. The projections look much clearer now. It no longer seems like they are running the 3D film without the glasses. I liked the 3D but I liked the clearer 2D, too. Funny thing, I actually got a little nauseous on the 2D version and i never got nauseous on the 3D version. I'm hoping it was something I ate.

Yes, I have to agree. The projections look much clearer now. It no longer seems like they are running the 3D film without the glasses. I liked the 3D but I liked the clearer 2D, too. Funny thing, I actually got a little nauseous on the 2D version and i never got nauseous on the 3D version. I'm hoping it was something I ate.

That's great to hear that the projections improved. I was bummed that they took away the 3D version, but I'm glad I rode it a couple times before they did.

What is the difference between our Dementor scene and theres? 

The Dementors over there don't have arms. Also, right when you enter the chamber of secrets going through the giant stone mouth, they don't have the several dement ors surrounding you. Instead they have a soul-sucking effect where you see a picture of yourself on a fog screen by one of the dement ors to make it look like your soul has been sucked out. 

The Dementors over there don't have arms. Also, right when you enter the chamber of secrets going through the giant stone mouth, they don't have the several dement ors surrounding you. Instead they have a soul-sucking effect where you see a picture of yourself on a fog screen by one of the dement ors to make it look like your soul has been sucked out. 

The soul sucking effect sounds quite interesting

It is cool, but I also think it's fairly easily missed if you're not paying attention to it.  I figured that was probably the reason they didn't do it here.  Does Tokyo have it?

I had no idea what the picture of us meant until now!  haha thanks for the clarification

Even if there was a designated viewing area, park guests would still clog up the main pathway of Hogsmeade trying to get a decent view elsewhere (unless there was some sort of crowd control). I suppose they could use the Triwizard Spirit Rally stage as more room for guests to watch, but that would mean the stage couldn't be in use for shows after a certain time.

The concept of a nighttime show in the Wizarding World is great in theory, but the land itself clearly isn't made for that.

A lot of PAs that work the Potter shows have expressed concern over this. Seems like they'll be stepping on some toes no matter what they decide.  

Reactions: William
Darn it !!!

I went was there in Dec and the projections was very poor.... substandard stuff.... I want my money back !!!!

If I'm not mistaken, the soul-sucking effect in IOA's FJ ride has been out of commission for quite awhile now. It worked every now and then when the ride first opened, but I'm fairly sure the effect has been removed altogether.

The last time I rode FJ in IOA was September 2015 and the effect worked both times I rode. I didn't bother last year because I was going on limited time. It's not a great effect, and is more confusing since this is 2/3rds of the way through and you're already feeling discombobulated.

Reactions: William and Aaron
The last time I rode FJ in IOA was September 2015 and the effect worked both times I rode. I didn't bother last year because I was going on limited time. It's not a great effect, and is more confusing since this is 2/3rds of the way through and you're already feeling discombobulated.

I agree. Plus I could hardly see my image clearly when I experienced it. The hoard of Dementors is a better scene than the soul-sucking effect. 

Reactions: Rideguy70 and Ryan