The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 281 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone know if there will be Hogwarts castle light show early Thanksgiving week (Nov. 19 and 20)? Can't find anything specific on the website or app. Looks too early for Christmas show.

Eight years ago today (February 12th, 2016), the magical barrier was taken down, allowing Muggles to enter Hogsmeade for the first time on the West Coast.. :party:
(aka... Wizarding World of Harry Potter soft-opened at Universal Hollywood)

Can't believe we're close to the 10 year anniversary of "WWOHP: Hollywood" :eyes: It feels like it barely just opened 2 years ago

Eight years ago today (February 12th, 2016), the magical barrier was taken down, allowing Muggles to enter Hogsmeade for the first time on the West Coast.. :party:
(aka... Wizarding World of Harry Potter soft-opened at Universal Hollywood)

Can't believe we're close to the 10 year anniversary of "WWOHP: Hollywood" :eyes: It feels like it barely just opened 2 years ago
crazy. I remember that day they had people waiting. Universal also was toying with people 100%. I feel like it would leak that Potter was soft opening and they would delay it. The ride had passed certification by January.

I was there for the first soft open - the first guest to enter the land! I was in a suit with camera equipment, so the waiting creatives/park management initially thought I was one of them before realizing folks were being let inside.

• Haha
Reactions: TCox91 and Wesker69
I remember being there for the soft open too. Made up for the food poisoning I got from Karl Strauss. Didn't expect the ride to be like that at all. Let alone the park.

crazy. I remember that day they had people waiting. Universal also was toying with people 100%. I feel like it would leak that Potter was soft opening and they would delay it. The ride had passed certification by January.

All of us being corralled outside Animal Actors for what felt like an eternity. Random guests walking by and asking, "What is this line for?" I remember one employee was saying, "There's no guarantee for anything," and everyone giving her the side-eye like, "Ma'am, just don't start with us." Such an awesome feeling walking in when it finally did and being among the first guests to set foot in there with all the various Universal staff in the land smiling and giving off their own palpable excitement. God knows how many times I've been to the park over the last 30+ years, but that day was easily one of my absolute favorite memories of the park.

That was a very cool day. Still have pretty strong memories of that.

On a side note, I asked when the animated owl shoulder sit would be back in stock. They said they were hoping for March, but last time they had it in October, it sold out in a week.

On a side note, I asked when the animated owl shoulder sit would be back in stock. They said they were hoping for March, but last time they had it in October, it sold out in a week.
You'd think something that sells really well, they'd want it restocked ASAP..

Knott's is terrible when it comes to merchandise restock. Weird that Universal would fall victim of that. They're usually pretty good.

I was there for the first soft open - the first guest to enter the land! I was in a suit with camera equipment, so the waiting creatives/park management initially thought I was one of them before realizing folks were being let inside.
All of us being corralled outside Animal Actors for what felt like an eternity. Random guests walking by and asking, "What is this line for?" I remember one employee was saying, "There's no guarantee for anything," and everyone giving her the side-eye like, "Ma'am, just don't start with us." Such an awesome feeling walking in when it finally did and being among the first guests to set foot in there with all the various Universal staff in the land smiling and giving off their own palpable excitement. God knows how many times I've been to the park over the last 30+ years, but that day was easily one of my absolute favorite memories of the park.
it’s still the best thing the parks ever done. Even if it’s a copy from Florida. It’s the only addition to me that’s they didn’t cheap out in.

Reactions: TCox91
They're still working on relocating the FJ lockers, I'm curious how this will affect the crashed Weasley car in the outdoor queue..

Also, the Tri-wizard/Frog Choir stage is currently behind walls for refurbishment. Action Horizons was recently hiring for Durmstrang too.

It's not a big deal....but I've seen some on FB complain about the lack of shows....I know this show wasn't much but it does suck we have 1 live show and Panda now and thats it

I also hope maybe next year they try to update out land so the new wands work here

I totally agree with you... there really need to be more shows.

But one thing that should be recognized is that Universal is pretty great about making their superb character interactions very visible to guests who are not even in line for the characters. To me, they can be a mini show. I'm talking about things like: Blue, Juliet/Stegosaurus (when she appears), baby dino, Bumblebee/Optimus, Donkey, NY street window actors, and Snowball. Sometimes I just stand and watch them interact with guests, which is a small scale show in itself.

Obviously not the same thing, but at the same time, there's something to be said for "stumbling" upon a show, where you can stay for as long as you like, without having to be scheduled or stand in a huge line (for most of them).

I totally agree with you... there really need to be more shows.

But one thing that should be recognized is that Universal is pretty great about making their superb character interactions very visible to guests who are not even in line for the characters. To me, they can be a mini show. I'm talking about things like: Blue, Juliet/Stegosaurus (when she appears), baby dino, Bumblebee/Optimus, Donkey, NY street window actors, and Snowball. Sometimes I just stand and watch them interact with guests, which is a small scale show in itself.

Obviously not the same thing, but at the same time, there's something to be said for "stumbling" upon a show, where you can stay for as long as you like, without having to be scheduled or stand in a huge line (for most of them).

100%, though the best parks have both. USH needs at least one additional live theater facility - ideally two. Hopefully it's being considered for the future park expansions.

I know this show wasn't much
Wasn't much!? -gasp- Tri-Wiz & Frog Choir are must-see (especially Frog Choir Xmas)
Draco Malfoy GIF

Would love to see Bourne and the Monster Make Up show come over in future expansion. Don’
Technically, it'd be a resurrected show for USH that they axed years ago. It's amazing the Orlando version has survived for 30+ years (wish they'd restore Phantom & the gory gruesome grotesque aspect/title)

Since I can't have T23D back, Bourne would be amazing. I'd just go back n forth between that & Waterworld :lol: