The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just got back from an attractions meeting at work. Saw some really cool footage and photos of what has been completed so far at WWoHP. Got some info that I won't repeat for the sake of my job.

Also, the rumor of Diagon Alley taking Waterworld's spot was shot down.

That reminds me of attractions meetings where my managers would get mad at me and my coworker when we'd turn the Q&A into trying to mine details about future attractions. (let's just say he wouldn't confirm whether or not we'd get Moe's bar in Springfield... and we all know how that turned out)

Just got back from an attractions meeting at work. Saw some really cool footage and photos of what has been completed so far at WWoHP.
Could you tell us what the photos and footage were of? Or is that not allowed to be talked about?

Diagon has to be lower lot.  There are no other options.

If Universal wants to fast track Diagon, I could see it here by 2018 only if Mummy were to close by the end of summer 2016.  If Mummy lasts longer, than Diagon will get pushed to 2019.

Reactions: Park Man
Could you tell us what the photos and footage were of? Or is that not allowed to be talked about?
I don't think that would be a problem. They showed us photos of the current statuses of Three Broomsticks, Zonko's, Honeyduke's, and Hog's Head. They also showed us the Forbidden Journey's ride vehicles and footage of the dragon in the queue.

I asked if we would be getting anything unique, and it looks like we'll be getting a certain something in the queue of FJ, but I won't say. It's not THAT unique in my opinion, but it'll be cool, nevertheless.

Reactions: 12th Man
My June 12 update.  Major progress on Flight of the Hippogriff track.

Hogsmeade_061215_1.jpg
Hogsmeade_061215_2.jpg
Hogsmeade_061215_3.jpg
Hogsmeade_061215_4.jpg
Hogsmeade_061215_5.jpg

What's this wooden structure back there?  Based on location I'm placing it in Hogsmeade but that's an assumption.  It could be backstage.  Anyone?
Hogsmeade_061215_6.jpg
Hogsmeade_061215_7.jpg

Is that a new wall in the center of the photo?  Just construction related or part of guest experience?
Hogsmeade_061215_8.jpg

Diagon has to be lower lot.  There are no other options.

If Universal wants to fast track Diagon, I could see it here by 2018 only if Mummy were to close by the end of summer 2016.  If Mummy lasts longer, than Diagon will get pushed to 2019.
I was just noticing today what a lot of land the Mummy show building takes up. I just can't believe they'd shutter a big crowd eating attraction like that with all the people Hogsmead is going to bring in. 

But it might explain why they're putting in a Starbucks in the Upper Lot.