The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wonderful update JPLA! Wizzarding World is coming along beautifully!

I was just noticing today what a lot of land the Mummy show building takes up. I just can't believe they'd shutter a big crowd eating attraction like that with all the people Hogsmead is going to bring in. 

But it might explain why they're putting in a Starbucks in the Upper Lot.
I think Mummy will be leaving for that ride Murdy is working on. I think Diagon is going where those sound stages are.

Reactions: Chris and raffman
The rest of the house wrap came down on the Great Hall and the Astronomy Tower!  The Astronomy tower looks awesome without the house wrap over it!

2015_06_13_14_58_48.jpg

That's not saying much. For all we know he could be working on the entertainment/ theme of the new entrance dining/retail venue.
"Been doing a ton of writing this week, not for HHN but for a top secret future project. Been through 10 versions of this concept so far..."

I don't think so... I don't know how much writing would be needed for a store...!!!! hopefully a JW ride :D

Reactions: raffman
Anyone solve the mystery of the castle spire(s) yet? Its been a few weeks since it first appeared, along with the rest of the exterior castle pieces waiting to be added. It's been bugging me every time I see the castle progress. So far the spires have remained the same as far as details go on the 'closer to finished' towers.

In Orlando, due to always going through the single-rider line to cut down the waittime, I've only been through the full queue once and that was 5 years ago. I've had to rely on pics/video of the queue. While Dumbledore's office & dark arts room are heavily themed, nothing pointed to requiring a large spire. Despite having been on Forbidden Journey 40+ times over the past 5 years, I don't remember any castle-top spires in the physical set that match it (on-ride videos are usually too crappy, so I didn't check).

So yea.. even though the new spire matched the rest of the castle accents, what else could it be for? My initial thought was maybe a production being filmed, but I don't remember seeing anything recently requiring castle spires. And as I said, the spire matched the rest of the "too be added" scenic detail. I can't see them having a random spire on the castle more detailed than the rest, but..... Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland does. However that gets a pass, unlike Hogwarts. so yea, thoughts?

One other thing though, if you haven't guessed by now, Universal definitely reads these forums. Its obvious, everyone should know this. Orlando has its forums & Universal reads them, which results in some great conversations with members of "Art & Design". Anyway, Inside Universal was mentioned at the attractions meeting the other night. They basically said "The Inside Universal site sometimes hits the nail on the head and sometimes they don't. Not everything you read on there is true." They used the Waterworld/Diagon Alley rumor as an example of something that hasn't come true ........yet. But they never said "never".

Eitherway, Waterworld is not long for this world. Whether it be for Potter or not. Personally, with Cali's drought problems & UNI's close partnership with WB, the thought of it being replaced by a Mad Max stunt show crossed my mind & amused me greatly. But that is a discussion for another time, in another thread.

The rest of the house wrap came down on the Great Hall and the Astronomy Tower! The Astronomy tower looks awesome without the house wrap over it!

2015_06_13_14_58_48.jpg
Still weird to see this at USH! On a side note, that Dr. Nick's sign always cracks me up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Imdbman
"Been doing a ton of writing this week, not for HHN but for a top secret future project. Been through 10 versions of this concept so far..."

I don't think so... I don't know how much writing would be needed for a store...!!!! hopefully a JW ride :D
1. That still doesn't tell us anything, it doesn't even  remotely suggest that this project is a ride.

2. It's not just a store, it's also an entertainment venue.

3. Murdy's job isn't ride creation, it's not even close. He's also an avid USH historian, which would given reason to suspect it could be something to do with the pavilion at the front of the park.

4. If nothing else the project is probably related to the Raptor Encounter we're getting later this year. That would fall under Murdy's jurisdiction. 

Not your fault for not knowing, but I wouldn't rely on that site for photos. The person who posts those has been known for taking pictures of things not seen from guest vantage points, which can result in expulsion from the park, among other consequences.
Interesting...isn't that just from the Shrek queue though?

Not your fault for not knowing, but I wouldn't rely on that site for photos. The person who posts those has been known for taking pictures of things not seen from guest vantage points, which can result in expulsion from the park, among other consequences.
Ok. Thanks for the info :)

Reactions: William
you can't get in trouble for looking tho! not our fault if someone else is breaking the rules for our enjoyment :p

^ Yes it is... if thats the case we'd be endorsing it ourselves posting those types of pictures on the forums.

Reactions: William
^ Yes it is... if thats the case we'd be endorsing it ourselves posting those types of pictures on the forums.
no... no one here is posting anything that's "not allowed" someone else from another site did. Me looking at pictures a random stranger took on a random site isn't going to hurt me or get me in trouble. If someone wants to risk being kicked out of the park for taking pictures in the wrong area that's on them that's all. Once its online its online.

no... no one here is posting anything that's "not allowed" someone else from another site did. Me looking at pictures a random stranger took on a random site isn't going to hurt me or get me in trouble. If someone wants to risk being kicked out of the park for taking pictures in the wrong area that's on them that's all. Once its online its online.
I totally agree. Remeber Adamwoo? Got banned for touring the Magic Kingdom utilidors. Are we "encouraging" his behavior by watching his video of that?