The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My friend & I were just talking about it being weird seeing it since he worked at Orlando's Hippo. What I've been trying to figure out is the placement for Hagrid's hut. With the track practically being right up against the side of Shrek & backstage area, its throwing things off a bit. This would be one of those times where some nice aerial shots of the area would come in handy..
There's a piece of concept art from the last press event that might answer at least one of your questions.

http://insideuniversal.net/2015/06/wizarding-world-officially-announced/

Yea I've seen the concept art, but it doesn't help since its what was used for FL haha.. That's why I wish we had an aerial view of that area by the station/lift hill so we could see how they plan to execute it. Eh, we'll find out soon enough though.

Yea I've seen the concept art, but it doesn't help since its what was used for FL haha.. That's why I wish we had an aerial view of that area by the station/lift hill so we could see how they plan to execute it. Eh, we'll find out soon enough though.
I forgot the website name, but that particular website had aerial shots of hogsmeade before the castle was being constructed.If they ever do aerial shots again, I'll post them here.

Reactions: Wesker69
Reactions: slowNsteady
Here you go.

18371884343_76c17a25d3_o.png

18369996684_81fee1563e_o.png

Hagrid's hut isn't any where near the Hipogriff coaster in Florida and this concept art quite clearly shows it right next to the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a comparison image of our Hogsmeade vs. Orlandos. Ours is definitely going to be more expansive.

2gw9vv9.jpg
It also seems a bit bigger due to the ever so slightly different angle, the scaffolding, as well as being connected to Springfield. But yeah, the larger Ollivanders alone will make it bigger, as well as the other unique stores.

I really hope that there will be enough landscaping and tall trees around Hippogriff. I'm getting the chills looking at these pics, I still can't believe this is all USH.

Hagrid's hut isn't any where near the Hippogriff coaster in Florida and the concept art quite clearly shows it right next to the ride.
Pretty sure the past 5 years of living in FL & going to IOA regularly would say otherwise. You do realize that all of the concept art being shown off is the same as FL right? They didn't even make the changes to Hogsmeade's concept art to match the changes that will be seen here. Concept renderings are not meant to be 100% accurate depictions of the final product. And I'm guessing you've never seen the original early concept rendering of Hippogriff...

qjM74wO.jpg

As for Hagrid's hut NOT being next to the coaster like the concept rendering depicts, I beg to differ... It features the queue pathway that is between the track & hut itself.

AEFg9q2.jpg

After seeing the aerial shot above, I see the space they have for it, so that mystery has been solved. Now I'm just wondering if the maintenance shed will actually be where I was told it would be located back in Sept/Oct.

Pretty sure the past 5 years of living in FL & going to IOA regularly would say otherwise. You do realize that all of the concept art being shown off is the same as FL right? They didn't even make the changes to Hogsmeade's concept art to match the changes that will be seen here. Concept renderings are not meant to be 100% accurate depictions of the final product. And I'm guessing you've never seen the original early concept rendering of Hippogriff...
No need to be condescending when correcting someone. We all make mistakes.

You do realize that all of the concept art being shown off is the same as FL right? They didn't even make the changes to Hogsmeade's concept art to match the changes that will be seen here. Concept renderings are not meant to be 100% accurate depictions of the final product. And I'm guessing you've never seen the original early concept rendering of Hippogriff...

As for Hagrid's hut NOT being next to the coaster like the concept rendering depicts, I beg to differ... It features the queue pathway that is between the track & hut itself.
My apologies. I remember Hagrid's hut being featured prominently in the queue for Dragon Challenge. I did't realize you could see it form the Hippogriff ride also.

I thought I noticed definite differences between what was shown in the concept art and what was built in Florida, but you are right again about concept art not being a literal depiction. I only recognized some of the Hogsmead exterior views as being direct lifts from Florida. I didn't realize all the concept art was 2nd hand. My bad.

Rockwork looks incredible in person. My sister and I took about 15 minutes out of our day in the mark just staring at the land. Gave us the chills. Also crazy seeing Hippogriff look almost completed!

Btw, the temporary Potter overlay of the Featured store is one of the smartest things USH has done in a while. Constantly packed to the brim with young and old fans, even on an empty day like this. My sister and I spent almost half an hour in there again today. Just....it's heaven*, it's quite literally heaven*.

(*Not for my wallet though...lol)

Just noticed something: the Herbology Greenhouse portion of the queue is clearly visible from in front of the castle. I really hope they cover that up with trees, because the greenhouses are located on the right side of the castle atop the rock formation in the films.

I will say about 2 months ago I heard from a top top source not to be surprised if HP opens in December. The Merch sales would be massive and ready to go. Plus attendance in Jan/feb will be huge. All kinks will be out by spring and summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chris.g and Imdbman
I have heard the talk of Hogsmead being open in December.  I could see this happening, but some others seem to believe there are contract issues for opening the land without a ride.

If Hippogriff was ready to go, then perhaps Hogsmead will open.  But I highly doubt FJ will be ready for December.  More like February.

Reactions: JaySalahi