The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's so weird hearing people at a local mall talking about Wizarding World opening up at USH... I've seen the construction in person but in a weird way it doesn't become real until the general public starts talking about it. 

Anyways, I'm really curious on how they will manage the time-return system to enter the land. I was at Knott's Scary Farm the other day and they run a similair system for one of their attractions. I got a return ticket for 11pm but ended up leaving becuase the line had backed up causing the wait to be like two hours. Guests who had a later time decided to wait early and guests who had an earlier time showed up late. It was a mess in terms of operations and really got me worrying about USH. 

Reactions: William
I'm not particularly sure how the time return system works for the Studio Tour, but it's best to keep testing things like that beforehand so they're prepared come next spring. Despite the numerous upgrades we've seen since the announcement of Potter, we're still facing issues that prove just how unstable our park will look in less than a year's time. USH needs to set all of their standards as high as possible across the board if they want to prove themselves as a world class tourist destination, especially if they plan on opening a third incarnation of an award-winning theme park land.

Reactions: DonRaf
Do they still do RTP in Orlando? Granted, I came at a slower time and had zero issues getting into both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. Floren's and Ollivanders were actually the only stores to even feature lines the entire trip. Not sure if the market has loosened or not.

For sure the first summer and quite a bit after we'll have it for Hogsmeade in Hollywood. When I go I think I'll let my family ride Forbidden Journey while I hop in line for Butterbeer. It's probably better than FJ.  :lol:

BTW anybody who's been to Japan: is their loading area better executed than Orlando's? I thought the room of requirement was appalling compared to everything surrounding it. The mirrors are so obvious since you can literally see your reflection in them while loading. The result is a long strip that feels like we're being loaded in at the end of a rehearsal hall. Kind of expected the ride ops to give me dance instructions before hopping on the kuka bench.

BTW anybody who's been to Japan: is their loading area better executed than Orlando's? I thought the room of requirement was appalling compared to everything surrounding it. The mirrors are so obvious since you can literally see your reflection in them while loading. The result is a long strip that feels like we're being loaded in at the end of a rehearsal hall. Kind of expected the ride ops to give me dance instructions before hopping on the kuka bench.
It's almost an exact replica of Florida's loading station. The only difference is team members hand out glasses while you're locked into the arms and request them before your harnesses unlock at the unload station. There's absolutely no chance of you taking your glasses home (or getting a shot of it).

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the idea for the interactive wands but on my last trip to Orlando, I saw many guests struggling with spells thus forming long lines just to make magic on a window.... The wands were so poor that in some cases, universal cast would be stationed by the window to help guests try over and over again... This turned me off to the idea of spending a fortune on a stick that doesn't even work....

I love the idea for the interactive wands but on my last trip to Orlando, I saw many guests struggling with spells thus forming long lines just to make magic on a window.... The wands were so poor that in some cases, universal cast would be stationed by the window to help guests try over and over again... This turned me off to the idea of spending a fortune on a stick that doesn't even work....
It's technically not the wand itself. The technology Universal uses to achieve the Interactive wands is pretty much the same as Microsoft's Kinect sensor. The Camera detects the bead at the end of the wand and it's programmed to activate to very specific movements.

It's a matter of getting the technique down. Most guests I've seen have just flailed their wand around several times in an attempt to match the specific incantation, then given up and walked to the next interactive spot.

Most times you can spot the sensor at each spot, so the best method is to aim your wand toward that and not wave it around too quickly when trying to "cast" a spell.

The uninteractive wands I could never understand why anybody would ever be compelled to spend that much money on it, and then I saw an Ollivanders show.

If I was picked during that thing I think I would buy it. That's how insanely well done those shows are. I was trying not to have a nervous giggle on how intense it is to watch it.

Last edited by a moderator: