The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well....as if it wasn't already obvious that I'm gonna go absolutely broke inside the Wizarding World...and now I'm gonna have to get every interactive wand?!?!

200_s.gif

Where was the official announcement of interactive wands?
I don't know that it was mentioned in any official press releases. It's just been confirmed by reputable sources.

Does anyone know if there will be new interactions in our USH version? Or will we have the same ones from Orlando?
I'd assume we'll be getting the same ones from Orlando, and maybe an additional spot or two since it appears we'll be able to access more of Hogsmeade in Hollywood than in Japan and Florida.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
I was actually just gonna say that, that I hope we get a lot more things to interact with since we don't have Diagon Alley (yet...). Also, more locations means guests aren't all crowding around the same effect window. More spread out.

Someone I know very close to U.C. let me know a while ago that around the time they were implementing the interactive wand effects, they were contemplating having wand effects installed in both the Gringotts and FJ queues to rival Disney's interactive queues in Orlando, but that idea flopped the second they realized that it would hold lines up, and would be dangerous to have people wave wands around in super tight quarters. Really fun in theory, though! Imagine waving a wand, and hearing a staircase move inside, or some galleons get knocked over, or a Portrait telling you to not be rude and stop pointing your wand at them, etc.

Reactions: William
I think we might see some additional interactive spots near the two new buildings in-between the Owlry and Shrek 4D.

Reactions: William
I think we might see some additional interactive spots near the two new buildings in-between the Owlry and Shrek 4D.
My thoughts exactly.

We should also keep in mind that we'll be able to explore a portion of Hogsmeade inaccessible in USF and USJ: the area behind The Three Broomsticks, Ollivanders, and Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment. While large portions of this space seem to be going toward the FJ queue and patio seating, this brings up the possibility of more interactive wand spots (and also more of the village to enjoy).

Hi, it's my first time posting here (been lurking for a while).

Does anyone know why beverage companies aren't making knockoffs of Butterbeer, and selling them in markets and restaurants?

Does JK/Universal/WB have a monopoly on the butter beer market, so it can only be purchase at Universal Studios and (I assume) the WB Studios in the UK? I can't even find knockoffs on amazon besides Butterscotch Root Beer.

My thoughts exactly.

We should also keep in mind that we'll be able to explore a portion of Hogsmeade inaccessible in USF and USJ: the area behind The Three Broomsticks, Ollivanders, and Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment. While large portions of this space seem to be going toward the FJ queue and patio seating, this brings up the possibility of more interactive wand spots (and also more of the village to enjoy).
There's a path behind the buildings? To create a better traffic flow?

Welcome to the Forums! Good question about the butterbeer, but I do know that there will be a path leading from the back of Springfield (near the studio tour entrance and just to the left of Stu's Disco) to the back of the village near the Forbidden Journey entrance. Here is a great aerial shot, if you zoom in, you can see the path. https://www.flickr.com/photos/maveric2003/20288427065/sizes/o/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the warm welcome! This seems to be a fun forum! BTW, that photo is HUGE,haha!

Another question: So when Uni Hollywood officially announced that they're getting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, they pointed out that they're getting Hog's Head. It was mentioned in the original (written) Press Release, and from Mark Woodury's very lips in their press video.

And I swear I remember seeing it on the official Harry Potter sub-page for USH.  But recently I just checked it out recently, and Hog's Head was missing from their 'shopping/dining' section.

What's up with that, or am I going insane??

http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/harrypotter/shoppinganddining/

Reactions: 12th Man
I don't recall the Hog's Head being a subpage on the website, so it's possible that they didn't include it because it's more or less part of The Three Broomsticks (being that they're connected). In that Flickr photo linked above, you can sort of see the entrance to the Hog's Head in a cottage that's jutting out, just to the right of the Three Broomsticks entrance.

Reactions: BernardMesa
I've definitely seen Japan and Orlando's websites and marketing sites keep switching from mentioning Hog's head separately or within the context of Three Broomsticks before, kinda odd, as if they can't make up their mind.

Welcome, btw!!!

I would definitely recommend making some homemade butterbeer if you haven't, some really fun recipes out there!

The most recent one I've tried with friends was almost like a butterbeer milkshake. Vanilla & butterscotch ice cream, nutmeg & cinnamon seasoning, blended with cream soda, then topped with whipped cream & caramel syrup!

You can also add some cream, milk, or a like a tablespoon of whipped butter.

Also fun to add some mini white chocolate or butterscotch chips! Depends on how creamy, thick, thin, salty, nutty, or sweet you want it!

Ugh... feels like forever since I've been on here. Been busy these past 2 weeks (as well as dead to the world lol)... Anyway, thought you'd all like to know that scenic install has been going on in full force the past week or so within Hogsmeade & Forbidden Journey. Everything is getting its props installed & set dressing. Apparently its all looking good.

- They have a crew working on the FJ/Hippo courtyard right now (today).

- Hippogriff has a different head & seats than its FL counterpart. (told this today, have yet to see a pic)

As for when WWOHP will be ready?... I was told it will be ready by December (2nd time I've heard this this week). They are months ahead of schedule than where they're supposed to be. However it wasn't expected to be ready until next year, so all operating costs were figured into next year's budget. So we'll see what happens.

With the current state of the road construction on the hill and the new ET parking garage not done yet, I wouldn't hold my breath for a 2015 (soft)opening. However, if those get completed within the next month & a half, anything is possible I guess.

It would be great to have butterbeer during Grinchmas... or even, warm butterbeer.

Reactions: Stylowtrix
Ugh... feels like forever since I've been on here. Been busy these past 2 weeks (as well as dead to the world lol)... Anyway, thought you'd all like to know that scenic install has been going on in full force the past week or so within Hogsmeade & Forbidden Journey. Everything is getting its props installed & set dressing. Apparently its all looking good.

- They have a crew working on the FJ/Hippo courtyard right now (today).

- Hippogriff has a different head & seats than its FL counterpart. (told this today, have yet to see a pic)

As for when WWOHP will be ready?... I was told it will be ready by December (2nd time I've heard this this week). They are months ahead of schedule than where they're supposed to be. However it wasn't expected to be ready until next year, so all operating costs were figured into next year's budget. So we'll see what happens.

With the current state of the road construction on the hill and the new ET parking garage not done yet, I wouldn't hold my breath for a 2015 (soft)opening. However, if those get completed within the next month & a half, anything is possible I guess.

It would be great to have butterbeer during Grinchmas... or even, warm butterbeer.
Interesting to hear.

^ Scenic installation & testing has been going on for quite a while already within Forbidden Journey, nothing new.

I don't care if they're "ahead of schedule." That just means they have more time to work out any bugs, have breathing room to address any quality issues with any props, effects, or details, and perfect everything. Opening it in December in any form during the holiday madness will probably not be the wisest thing to do, and I'd rather it be "superficially ready" but them still working out all the kinks in private instead of like Springfield, which has had things changed and addressed since it opened.

Reactions: k_peek_2000
^ Well... Universal has been known to not make the wisest decisions... I also got word today of a Grinchmas opening in order to handle crowds better, however the soft opening will not be announced publicly in order to not attract too many crowds. Let's see how this works...

I have a few friends working in Forbidden Journey and none of them have heard of a December soft-opening.

^ I was told the area would be limited to Hogsmeade if it were to open in December, and FJ would soft open later. Maybe that's why?