The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a few friends working in Forbidden Journey and none of them have heard of a December soft-opening.
Same here.

I mean, if they just open Hogsmeade to help spread out the guests and get a head start on racking in the money from merchandise and food, I guess it would kinda make sense, but I sincerely hope that's not the case and they save everything for a grand opening.

I wonder how they'll handle soft opening and "full" testing? Maybe they'll only have team members & their families participate in the soft opening, similar to what Disney did with Cars Land?

Now that I think back, didn't Orlando also have a soft opening for hotel guests and some others before the grand opening of Hogsmeade, and everything but FJ was open, but they got to tour the queue?

Where was the official announcement of interactive wands?
There was a job posting which clearly specified "interactive wand animations" as an attraction.  However, I have seen that the information has been changed to "Ollivander's" and no longer says what it said before.  Now I question the validity.

^ Well... Universal has been known to not make the wisest decisions... I also got word today of a Grinchmas opening in order to handle crowds better, however the soft opening will not be announced publicly in order to not attract too many crowds. Let's see how this works...
Believe me...any soft opening and the theme park fan world will go nuts and it will be announced through word of mouth.

I have also heard RUMORS of December soft for Hogsmead and Hippogriff.  However, if these crews aren't being trained by Thanksgiving...then all bets are off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been to the US in Florida, but didn't they redo and expanded Honeydukes in their Hogsmead? Are we getting the updated version or the previous (if that were the case.)

I've never been to the US in Florida, but didn't they redo and expanded Honeydukes in their Hogsmead? Are we getting the updated version or the previous (if that were the case.)
I believe it was shown that Zonkos is on the site so its doubtful that Honeydukes is not being the expanded version for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I was told the area would be limited to Hogsmeade if it were to open in December, and FJ would soft open later. Maybe that's why?
That makes sense. I hope that isn't the case though. Assuming Universal Plaza will hold all the Grinchmas festivities again, even with the time return system in place, the crowds would be horrendous.

No, that absolutely will not happen. WWoHP will not soft open in any form until FJ and Hippogriff are fully operational and ready for guests, per JK's orders.
Much of me agrees with you.  However, Diagon Alley opened without Gringotts.  If this were to be a soft opening of any kind, I could see Hippogriff running and not FJ.  However, as someone else pointed out prior, all buget for WWoHP was set for 2016.  Could this be a reason to force soft until 2016?  I don't think all managers are in place as of today and holidays are coming.

Reactions: Jon Fu
Here's the thing...just because it's "ready" and ahead of schedule, doesn't mean it's READY ready....if that makes any sense. I'd rather they test it for months and months as "completed" but only with team members and their families, and then show us the finished and well tested product when it opens. Idk, I feel that our Hogsmeade deserves a proper grand opening and that soft opening isn't necessary.

But if they DO do it, it'll most likely be just the shops and maybe Hippogriff.

But again, I'd rather they not....

I was at the park yesterday watching people’s reactions to Wizarding World as they passed the entrance. Most of them were completely blown away, looking past the construction walls into Hogsmeade and at Hogwarts beyond. It occurred to me that locals have never seen anything of this scale, level of design and quality of detail out of USH before.

Prior to Wizarding World, most USH attractions have been, essentially, a ride inside a stucco box. It really is going to be a game changer after it opens. It’s going to make the rest of the park appear lacking in a big way. 

I was at the park yesterday watching people’s reactions to Wizarding World as they passed the entrance. Most of them were completely blown away, looking past the construction walls into Hogsmeade and at Hogwarts beyond. It occurred to me that locals have never seen anything of this scale, level of design and quality of detail out of USH before.

Prior to Wizarding World, most USH attractions have been, essentially, a ride inside a stucco box. It really is going to be a game changer after it opens. It’s going to make the rest of the park appear lacking in a big way. 
True, although the park rethemed much of the Upper Lot in recent days adding both the Despicable Me and Springfield areas, which are nearly at the level of the Wizarding World in quality.

I think Diagon soft opened opened without Gringotts because it was so behind schedule for its opening that Universal probably begged JK Rowling, who probably got an assurance that media day would not occur until the ride was up and running.

I can't imagine this will be the same thing.

Reactions: William
That is very true.  I have also witnessed this.  Although WWoHP isn't the first "all immersive" attraction in California, it does have a magic like nothing else.  USH has no idea what is about to happen to this park!  I hope to sit back from home and watch.