The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I stand corrected, hasn't Hippogriff actually been testing since a month back? As I believe there wasn't any testing going on unless if it was after-hours. Could be wrong about that one.

In either case, i'm extremely glad to see some big movement happen with Hogsmeade, hell; the entire theme park itself on the coaster front.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looked delish

tumblr_mv01el3poz1sl9baeo1_400.gif
Oh my.... :p

tumblr_nv5atoO3nk1uaymn2o1_500.gif

Reactions: Alexshow.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Universal HW couldn't have outdoor coasters due to the nearby residential area. Is that true? 
As mentioned above they can have outdoor coasters, as long as the noise level is down. Our Hippogriff is snuggly fit between the towering FJ Building, WaterWorld and the Walter Lantz Building. Any noise/screams will likely be redirected back into the park.

When I parked on top of Jurassic Parking yesterday and saw Hogwarts looming in the distance, I got super emotional and almost cried. Felt that multiple times within the park. I dominates the skyline from so many points, it really IS the park's Sleeping Beauty castle! It's unreal.

Also, the force perspective is the best I've ever seen. I was tripping out when a construction workers started doing something inside the forecourt of the castle, it was so trippy. Beautiful work. I just wish that the show building was covered up better, but it really does look incredible.

I went over to Universal today to grab a Back to the Future t-shirt (I'm going to a party for it on Wednesday) and I saw that there was a crane lowering something in the Wizarding World area today. I wasn't able to see what it was they were working on but I know it was somewhere between the entrance to FotH and the end of Hogsmeade. Any ideas on what it could have been that they needed to bring in a crane for?

Do you mean a cherry picker (also known as a basket crane or elevated work platform)? They've been using a few of those on site to do finishing touches around the land. If it was an actual crane, it's possible they're transporting the bases for Hagrid's Hut since those were assembled backstage. I don't see what else they could be using it for, except for maybe the hog statues by the entrance of FJ.

No it was definitely a crane (not a very big one though). Now that I think about it, it was probably the hog statues. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Universal HW couldn't have outdoor coasters due to the nearby residential area. Is that true? 
It does have to do with the noise limitations.  Two things will support Hippogriff:

1. It is hidden between buildings and trees will absorb much of the sound.

2. Its not a very loud coaster.

I hope one day we do not see scream guards on the drop section.

Wait, is this the lighting that glows through the windows of the castle or like the general lighting that will project over the rock work and facade?

Wait, is this the lighting that glows through the windows of the castle or like the general lighting that will project over the rock work and facade?
The lighting that will illuminate the exterior of the Castle. The interior lights for all the windows have been installed for quite some time. Also the Crane is being used to load in props from the backstage area into the land to be placed inside Hogwarts Castle. 

Reactions: William