The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 192 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey, guys! Does anyone have any idea what the soft opening situation is for Monday 2/22?

I'm planning to go head there for my second time. I figure it'll be open at some point, but just wondering if anyone has any solid info yet.

I went back to Wizarding World yesterday, and is anyone but me surprised it's not more crowded? Anyone who's watching the internet knows its open by now. You would think the place would be packed, but so far I've only experienced light to moderate crowds. LA is a very populous area with a lot of theme park nerds and Potterheads. I'm just surprised there aren't more of us flooding the place. Is any one else having these thoughts?

Honestly I'd say that most people only know 4/7. Schools are also still in session as well.

The crowds will start appearing en masse in March and onward...

Reactions: Aaron
I agree that perhaps most people watching this topic carefully do know it's been mostly open... but I also agree that in terms of the GP, very few are watching and just waiting for April 7.  Plus, even if you are watching, you know that closures and/or delayed openings have happened at times unannounced, and unless you have the free time and an annual pass, it's just not worth the risk going exclusively for that.

Reactions: Ryan
Have you guys seen the new concept art for Hollywood's Diagon Alley???

28s34tl.jpg

Okay I couldn't resist :p
Absolutely hilarious!!!!

Has anyone seen the possibility that there is not an EPN?  Employees have received an event date at the Globe Theater during daytime hours for Feb 24.

Just my thoughts, but I think Annual Pass Previews may begin March 5.  I'm watching out for an email.

Just letting you know...I tried ordering the "Triple" yesterday and the manager told me they couldn't make it for me. I was pretty ticked considering they made it last week. Such BS. 

I went back to Wizarding World yesterday, and is anyone but me surprised it's not more crowded? Anyone who's watching the internet knows its open by now. You would think the place would be packed, but so far I've only experienced light to moderate crowds. LA is a very populous area with a lot of theme park nerds and Potterheads. I'm just surprised there aren't more of us flooding the place. Is any one else having these thoughts?

Soft openings in Orlando were similar until the official opening date. 

Heard that there is another feature if FJ that isn't in Orlando that has yet to be activated. Apparently there are scents in the ride but they have yet to be turned on (Fire, potion, moss).

It'll be really awesome to see USH surge up to twice as much in attendance this year, which could probably happen.  USH attendance has already surged from 4.3 million annual visitors in 2009 to 6.8 in 2014 (from Theme Park Insider), and I'm sure it's already gone up in 2015, though they probably won't announce that until May or June.  

WWOHP provided a 30% surge in attendance at Islands of Adventure and it has also greatly helped attendance at USJ.  Both USJ and Islands of Adventure alone still have more attractions than USH, so it could easily have a greater impact in Hollywood.  Not to mention the entertainment industry and consistently year-round weather are in LA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PrestoMovie
Yeah, I was surprised too.  I went for the first time on Saturday the 13th and then again this past Saturday the 20th.  It was actually less crowded the second weekend.  I'm not sure if the first time had extra traffic because of upcoming President's Day?  The first time I went by myself and did single rider and was disappointed how much of the castle I didn't see.  The second time I made sure to have my boyfriend join me but the line was never longer than 20 minutes.  I still haven't had to go through the Herbology classroom!  I saw the wait time become 2 hours the first weekend but just didn't want to do it solo.  I was surprised I could be annoyed for not having to wait for ride.  It's kinda funny.

I guess as much as we're posting on social media it hasn't been enough to impact the crowds yet.  I know I have a couple friends who did get new passes and have gone to the part once, but with the black-out dates and having to pay for parking they're not going as often as the rest of us who snagged the last of the Premium Passes.  I know that's what definitely what makes a difference for me.  Get the [HASHTAG]#PotterWatch[/HASHTAG] update and then rush over without worry.  Not everyone is keeping tabs as closely as we are.

Maybe it March during Spring Break season it'll pick up a bit.  My main curiosity is how they are going to handle previews.  I know there are employee previews and pass holder previews and so on.  Will the land be closed all day for these private previews or just a few hours?  We'll have to keep following [HASHTAG]#PotterWatch[/HASHTAG], I guess.  Constant Vigilance!

Just letting you know...I tried ordering the "Triple" yesterday and the manager told me they couldn't make it for me. I was pretty ticked considering they made it last week. Such BS. 
Well that sucks..Wonder if its temporary or if they got a mandate from higher up not to serve it anymore

ordered yesterday, bartender was like "this is the first one I made!", another customer sees outcome, and says "I'll have what he's having" and bartender says "this is the 2nd one I've ever done"
might be a dumb question but what is a triple

I have not yet been to the one here in Hollywood, though I've been a few times to Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley in Florida.  I was wondering how many entrances and exits into the land there are?  Obviously the one up front, and then I assume one by the Studio Tour?

Reactions: Alexshow.
I have not yet been to the one here in Hollywood, though I've been a few times to Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley in Florida.  I was wondering how many entrances and exits into the land there are?  Obviously the one up front, and then I assume one by the Studio Tour?

Correct. Guests can enter and exit through the main entrance at the front of Hogsmeade, as well as exit the land through a small archway wedged between Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment and the FJ extended queue that connects to Springfield and the Studio Tour entrance. At this time, I believe the latter is used only as an exit, but I could see it being used as an alternate entrance on days where it may not be as crowded.

ordered yesterday, bartender was like "this is the first one I made!", another customer sees outcome, and says "I'll have what he's having" and bartender says "this is the 2nd one I've ever done"

whew!! I really liked it when I tried it last week and was hoping to have another this weekend!! 

Looks like no official Employee Preview Night for WWoHP.  The employee gathering will be employee only access within the Globe Theater and no access to the land at all while in uniform or after hours.

Looks like no official Employee Preview Night for WWoHP.  The employee gathering will be employee only access within the Globe Theater and no access to the land at all while in uniform or after hours.

I don't completely understand.  One friend of mine has a sister who does Finance or something for Universal and he said she was bringing him to the Employee Preview.  She was forcing him to watch all the movies to prepare for the event.  I'm not sure when he gets to go or what does it entail but I know he's getting to experience something!

Another friend of mine mentioned she was going March 5th for a private preview event.  What is she referring to?  I assumed it was also a Employee thing.  How many different private previews are usually held?  I do plan on going to the Passholder Preview.

they aren't mutually exclusive as i have it from a trusted source employee preview is first week of march