The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 209 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly I have a feeling it'll be open Thursday - Sunday.  I think they'll go for the full Holiday weeekend, Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday and maybe Monday.  I figured they weren't offering AP previews these dates to take full advantage of the extra holiday traffic.  The only thing I could see as a problem is if it's a union holiday and they don't want to double-pay anyone.  They didn't run on President's Day.  They've been open every single weekend even if just for a few hours.  I'm sure they won't stop now.  I guess Thursday is still the wild card, but if they open tomorrow then it would be safe to hope for the rest of the weekend.

Wait times had been listed between 20 and 30 minutes most of the day today each time I checked, until at some point between 4 (my previously check) and 7 PM (my most recent check), it jumped to 180 minutes.  What the heck, did everyone just rush there to get one more ride before park closing at 8, or is something else going on?

I went last night to ride, the app said 180 mins along with the digital wait time boards.  Once getting to Hogwarts their display time was blank and the ride was closed and only Castle tours were available.  Why they wouldn't just display coming soon or temporarily closed is anyones guess. 

Maybe the ride was broken and they were guessing 180 to restore it?  Which app do you use?  There isn't an official Universal app, is there?  Do they guide you through the tour or is it just that you're free to walk through the line but not board at the end?  Right now the wait times became active online so I'm guessing the area has opened for the day.

Maybe the ride was broken and they were guessing 180 to restore it?  Which app do you use?  There isn't an official Universal app, is there?  Do they guide you through the tour or is it just that you're free to walk through the line but not board at the end?  Right now the wait times became active online so I'm guessing the area has opened for the day.

ushwaittimes.com is Universal's official website for wait times and show times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aaron and Ryan
Does anyone know what typical Easter Holiday  (Thursday-Sunday) crowds at Uni typically look like?  I'm on the verge of buying a ticket for tomorrow hoping to check out Potter.  Crowds have been pretty slow all week so far, wasn't sure if things were expected to pick up starting tomorrow or not.

I would guess Thursday might be the lesser crowded day of the weekend since that sometimes tends to be more of a half-day at some places?  Lots of people get Good Friday off.  Anybody know anything about crowds on Monday?  I know some people get Easter Monday off or even start their Spring Break on the first week of Easter instead of Holy Week.

I am currently at the land. I inquired about warm butterbeer with a Three Broomsticks TM and she said it won't be available until April 7th and it will be available during breakfast.

I am currently at the land. I inquired about warm butterbeer with a Three Broomsticks TM and she said it won't be available until April 7th and it will be available during breakfast.

Weird, a TM at Wiseacre's specifically interrupted me to tell me that they were now serving warm Butterbeer.  She said you could only get it at the Hogs Head and Three Broomsticks.  Maybe only Hog's Head has it?  Wanna check if they have Firewhiskey yet?  Maybe it's a slow roll out?  Some days they'll have it but not always?

While I was having breakfast today, the TM confirmed with me that the warm butterbeer will be breakfast only after April 7.

On a separate note, I've been going many times for all the previews since the end of February.  I was wondering if anyone had any cool "secrets" or fun details they'd like to share.  For instance, i was surprised to hear that not only do they have their own postmark for real mail, they also have their own set of stamps.

I also discovered that the Marauders Map inside one of the columns at Flich's actually shows people moving around.

And I'm a big fan of the "hidden" alley way behind Honeyduke's.

Any others people want to share?  Should it be it's own thread?

I plan to go to WWoHP on March 25 (Friday)

Is there going to be a rehearsal on that day?

Anyone knows...tell me ASAP please :unsure:

While I was having breakfast today, the TM confirmed with me that the warm butterbeer will be breakfast only after April 7.

On a separate note, I've been going many times for all the previews since the end of February.  I was wondering if anyone had any cool "secrets" or fun details they'd like to share.  For instance, i was surprised to hear that not only do they have their own postmark for real mail, they also have their own set of stamps.

I also discovered that the Marauders Map inside one of the columns at Flich's actually shows people moving around.

And I'm a big fan of the "hidden" alley way behind Honeyduke's.

Any others people want to share?  Should it be it's own thread?

On my thirteen rides on Forbidden Journey, I noticed a few tiny details. When you enter the observatory section, you can see Harry and Ron's shadow while they're flying on the broomsticks. While the dragon is chasing you through the bridge, if you look closely, you can see the wing of the dragon behind the bridge. 

Inside the actual land, near the bathrooms is an ATM machine that says, "Gringotts Automated Teller Machine." 

Every single window display was filled with details, and was really neat. 

Every 15 minutes, an owl pops out of the clock tower.

Do they guide you through the tour or is it just that you're free to walk through the line but not board at the end?

Whenever I've done it (one of the days I went the ride wasn't operational, so they were doing tours), it's self-guided.  So you're free to walk through the line, but then get directed out through a side door right before you get to the boarding area.

I believe if you are a single rider you are given the option to join that queue at the end of the castle tour.

In Orlando I took a TM-guided tour with an elderly couple who dismissed riding, and the grouper caught me at the right minute and just threw me on the ride. Kinda snuck on accidentally!  :lol:

On my thirteen rides on Forbidden Journey, I noticed a few tiny details. When you enter the observatory section, you can see Harry and Ron's shadow while they're flying on the broomsticks. While the dragon is chasing you through the bridge, if you look closely, you can see the wing of the dragon behind the bridge. 

I've also noticed that in the first movie scene, if you look in the background, you can see the Quidditch arena.  Conversely, in the Quidditch scene, you can see Hogwarts in the background.  And in the final movie, as you're flying back into Hogwarts, you can see the dragon return, perch on top of a tower, and breathe fire.  :)

Didn't know about the owl!  I'll have to look for that next time.

Inside the actual land, near the bathrooms is an ATM machine that says, "Gringotts Automated Teller Machine." 

Every single window display was filled with details, and was really neat. 

The Gringotts ATM had me in stitches when I first saw that. Here's to hoping they can one day actually expand the land into Diagon Alley.

Weird, a TM at Wiseacre's specifically interrupted me to tell me that they were now serving warm Butterbeer.  She said you could only get it at the Hogs Head and Three Broomsticks.  Maybe only Hog's Head has it?  Wanna check if they have Firewhiskey yet?  Maybe it's a slow roll out?  Some days they'll have it but not always?

Unfortunately, I didn't get to inquire about Firewhiskey. It was the same bartender that I asked last time about specialty drinks and he recognized me, so I thought it best I didn't annoy him a second time :p

Japanese people seem to have no problem waiting in crazy long lines (not just for amusement park rides), so a long wait time for a ride would not discourage most of them from getting into line no matter how true or false the wait times are, lol.  When I was there last October, most wait times did seem to be inflated by about 30 minutes or so though.  I would imagine they are building in any potential slow-down due to various reasons, but there is also the psychological factor that comes from being pleased to get on the ride quicker than the posted time as opposed to the frustration of the line taking longer than posted, so maybe they just play it customer-service safe.

Oh, and to stay on forum topic, the wait time for Harry Potter at USJ when I was there was 6 hours.  What wait times do people think we will see here at USH during opening weekend?

Hey guys! I was wondering..who will be at the red carpet premiere? The cast? I kind of want to upgrade my pass to the one with no blackout dates and I'm thinking about going on the 7th...any thoughts?