The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 235 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey guys, sorry long time no post.  Not sure if it's been mentioned before but I just learned today that Universal changed it's rule about mixing alcohol with Butterbeer at the Hogs Head.  Before it was completely prohibited and they would take away your drink if they caught you mixing.  Now we're allowed to add a shot to our Butterbeer if we do it ourselves.  The bartender cannot do it.  I had ordered a shot of Firewhiskey and Hot Butterbeer  and the bartender told me to be careful about mixing because of the temperature.  I was surprised she even suggested it and I asked about the rules.  As happy as I was to hear that the mixing ban had been lifted it didn't feel right to mix with what I ordered.  I might try something else tomorrow when I go before Fantastic Beasts.  Has anyone added a shot to their Butterbeer?  What's the best combo? Firewhiskey and Cold or Frozen?  When I make it at home I use Butterscotch schnapps and spiced rum but I don't think they carry that.  Anyone know what the full selection of liquor is?  They hide a lot of stuff out of sight.  Any thoughts?

I've only done it with cold butterbeer, mainly because it seemed easier to mix. It was delicious! (But also pricey as you're paying for them as separate drinks) 

I usually get them as two drinks.  I start with a shot of Firewhiskey because I love it so much and then take a Butterbeer to go.  They just had never ever mentioned to possibility of me mixing them before.  It was always, you have to drink the shot first before we give you the Butterbeer so I was surprised when they changed it.  Do people normally mix Firewhiskey or is there something better that pairs with it?

I usually get them as two drinks.  I start with a shot of Firewhiskey because I love it so much and then take a Butterbeer to go.  They just had never ever mentioned to possibility of me mixing them before.  It was always, you have to drink the shot first before we give you the Butterbeer so I was surprised when they changed it.  Do people normally mix Firewhiskey or is there something better that pairs with it?

With the Strongbow cider is the thing I hear most commonly! It's amazing.

Oh yeah, the Holiday crowds will be intense. I was lucky enough to go to the Hogsmeade in Orlando during its first christmas season and it was a mad house. It might not be as bad for Hollywood, but to give it a frame of reference, I waited five hours just to get into the land, and then it was 2+ hour wait for both Forbidden Journey and Hippogriff. I waited almost an hour just to buy a wand from the wand cart.

Now that they've seen what kind of crowds Potter is capable of bringing in, they'll definitely want to be more prepared for it. It might wind up being like summer, with the larger crowds more evenly spread over longer days, but it's better to have the kiosks and not need them, than to need them and not have them.

I wonder if there's going to be any updates to the lighting. Didn't they brighten the ride to make up for the 3D?