Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

Went on FJ just yesterday and no memory of a new "fog" projection - but all effects were working which was a present surprise.

Went on FJ just yesterday and no memory of a new "fog" projection - but all effects were working which was a present surprise.

It is right before the dementors room. Supposed to be a skull projected onto fog/mist. Has that always been there? I haven't ridden it many times, but I can't remember that.

Confirming that's always been there. It's fun to notice new details, isn't it? My personal favorite is just before the first projection, you see the shadows of Harry and Ron fly by on the wall. I bet most people don't notice it.

Confirming that's always been there. It's fun to notice new details, isn't it? My personal favorite is just before the first projection, you see the shadows of Harry and Ron fly by on the wall. I bet most people don't notice it.

Wait, what?! I've never noticed this on either coast! Where should I be looking?

Um... on the wall just before the first projection, like I said. :grin: If you're looking for it, you'll see it. It is admittedly a bit faint, but definitely there and intentional.

I have no idea if Florida has it. I'll be going in late September, and if I get to ride it (Hagrid is obviously a priority, lol), I'll look for it there, too.

Um... on the wall just before the first projection, like I said. :grin: If you're looking for it, you'll see it. It is admittedly a bit faint, but definitely there and intentional.

I have no idea if Florida has it. I'll be going in late September, and if I get to ride it (Hagrid is obviously a priority, lol), I'll look for it there, too.
Thats a no in Florida :(

I hear that IoA's version has a crashed bench in the whomping willow scene. Is that in Hollywood? Never could see it.

It's not there, but there is an awkward void where it exists in Orlando.

Also: rode this Saturday and the dragon is in sorry shape. No motion, no fog spewing, and a huge tear in its skin exposing mechanics for all to see. I realize it's a peak day... but really bad show.

The dragon has been pretty inconsistent for a while now. You never know if it'll move, breathe "fire", or light up. Any one, or all three can be missing, and everyone once in a while you get surprised and they're all working.

Hadn't noticed the skin tear before, though... I may be in the park briefly, I may have to look for that.

It's not there, but there is an awkward void where it exists in Orlando.

Also: rode this Saturday and the dragon is in sorry shape. No motion, no fog spewing, and a huge tear in its skin exposing mechanics for all to see. I realize it's a peak day... but really bad show.
Yep Dragon was looking bad on Saturday. It has been inconsistent over that last few months. Hopefully they put some TLC in on her/him/it dragon.

sooo, Dusty Sage, over at Mice Chat, today mentioned pre work is starting on a Diagon expansion in Hollywood. Heck, I haven't heard that rumor in a long time. Anyone know if his info is correct?

sooo, Dusty Sage, over at Mice Chat, today mentioned pre work is starting on a Diagon expansion in Hollywood. Heck, I haven't heard that rumor in a long time. Anyone know if his info is correct?

I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

Probably just Universal trying to throw us off the scent while they secretly build a Middle Earth land in Hollywood ;)

Didn't someone from the IU teams (I think it was Jonathan Green when he was on-board) stated that they had plans for Diagon ready to go for the Tram Plaza, and then it got scrapped?

Personally speaking, while I think it could be a stretch..it certainly wouldn't be out of the realm of Possibility. Hell, we actually have an 11 page USH thread on the subject of whether or not Diagon could come.

Diagon Alley USH | Inside Universal Forums

Does Dusty have a credible reputation when it comes to Universal info? I thought it was typically hit and miss with him at best. But I don't really visit that site anymore... is there any credibleevidence for this, if, according to him, "pre-work has started"? That could mean anything from, "I heard they were talking about it" to "I see a hole in the ground... they're clearly starting!"

Even though I know most here aren't super interested in having it here, personally I'd love it. However, just because I want one here doesn't mean I actually expect it to happen. Most hearsay points to otherwise, so I'd be surprised if it were back on the table, especially considering how many cutbacks they're doing of recent (Ginchmas, characters, and who knows else else is coming?).

Where did they post/say this? I don’t visit Mice Chat often.

Would they really begin work (even pre-work?) on Diagon Alley expansion while smack dab in the middle of not only another major expansion, but also a new ride? Also, I think pre-work on Diagon Alley would have to coincide with evidence that something was changing with the Studio Tour (where else would they put it?), and we haven’t seen that yet.

Part of me wonders if the park had to choose between Diagon and SNW, and they went with SNW.

Where did they post/say this? I don’t visit Mice Chat often.

Would they really begin work (even pre-work?) on Diagon Alley expansion while smack dab in the middle of not only another major expansion, but also a new ride? Also, I think pre-work on Diagon Alley would have to coincide with evidence that something was changing with the Studio Tour (where else would they put it?), and we haven’t seen that yet.

Part of me wonders if the park had to choose between Diagon and SNW, and they went with SNW.
It's in the comments on Shelly Velodids column yesterday about Nintendo at Hollywood. Dusty adds that info in the comments section....and....as I said above....first I've heard of this rumor in a long time....I really never thought Diagon would be viable without Gringotts.The land is great but it needs the attraction to be complete.

I mean, weren't they ready to announce Diagon a couple years ago, even so far as calling the press together... only to get cold feet and instead announce a new park logo?

I believe that plan called for the same location that is being whispered about now, and it isn't the tram plaza. I'm a bit more skeptical for a few reasons, but I'd keep an eye on this space.

If true this may mean another big potential, original project for USH got scrapped in favor of Diagon... what the heck is going on lately?