The WWE Thread | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

The WWE Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Watching my Royal Rumble 2000 DVD right now, Foley vs HHH is still one of my favorite matches ever, I am a HUGE Foley mark and HHH in 2000 is amazing. Going through the process of watching every PPV of 2000, watched HHH vs The Rock Iron man match the other day, another amazing match.

Dude, I was there. My first PPV in person. That match and the Hardys/Dudleys table match are still 2 of my favorites to this day.

PPVs I've attended

Royal Rumble 2000
SummmerSlam 2007
Royal Rumble 2008
Great American Bash 2008
Survivor Series 2012
WrestleMania 28
WrestleMania 29

Got tickets for the Extreme Rules PPV in NJ in May. Hopefully it shapes up to be decent.

Cena I agree is no William Regal but I still consider him a step up from Hogan and Warrior in terms of ring work.Hoping Bryan and Cesaro are pushed to the top soon, my current favorites outside of Lesnar(all time favorite)

Watching my Royal Rumble 2000 DVD right now, Foley vs HHH is still one of my favorite matches ever, I am a HUGE Foley mark and HHH in 2000 is amazing. Going through the process of watching every PPV of 2000, watched HHH vs The Rock Iron man match the other day, another amazing match.

Foley/HHH, was that the hell in a cell match? If so, that match was amazing. HHH/Rock Iron Man was great as well, really showed how both were amazing athletes.

^^they had two matches, one of them being the HIAC. However the Street fight at the RR ppv in 2000 is so much better than the HIAC, thats not a knock on the cell match too, its just that the street fight is amazing.

Drew, great list of PPVS there, WM 28 and RR 2000 probably being the best out of your list.

Only PPV I've ever attended was my first ever event, Summerslam 1997 in the Continental Airlines Arena, which is now Izod Center. When Owen Hart broke Austin's neck with a botched piledriver. Really good card. Austin/Owen, Foley/HHH in a steel cage match, Taker/Bret with HBK as special ref. Being 7 years old at the time I was pretty upset when Taker lost! Since then it's just been Raw/Smackdown and some house shows early in the attitude era, most at the Garden. They actually just had one Saturday.

Might try and get Extreme Rules tickets, depends how Mania plays out. So if Daniel Bryan isn't defending his newly won title I'll just watch on the network haha.

I'm guessing the HHH/Bryan match at Mania will have a stipulation where if Bryan wins he gets a future title shot.

Now the real question is does he use it later that night and make the main event a triple threat which would instantly legitimize him and make him the company's new "guy"? or wait until Extreme Rules in NJ that had the hot crowd after WM last year and have him win it there?

(I'm aware post WM crowds are made up of traveling fans but trust me, the fans here can hold their own without the travelers.)

Hire me, WWE.

Mania.Has.Been.Saved

This is fantastic, one has to assume he beats HHH and wins the title, just perfect, they took a strange route to get there,but if he wins the title,WWE will be forgiven for all this Batista crap.

The question remains though, will they put the belt on Bryan? They can't have yet another PPV where he comes up short/gets screwed. Especially on the grandest stage of them all. Could provide for an all time Mania moment. But the x-factor here is Batista. You just know he was guaranteed the title win at Mania in his contract. But the crowds forced there hands. Only problem is with Batista starring in the Guardians of the Galaxy, McMahon is salivating at the thought of him parading around the red carpet with the belts. So if Bryan wins sadly a Batista title win is not far off. That will probably be the feud of the summer. Bryan/Batista.

But HHH vs Bryan can't main event it has to be the championship, I'm wondering if they do a gauntlet with Bryan where if he beats HHH he gets put into the main event and eventually overcomes the odds. Smackdown reports state Batista has turned heel, two heels never work unless they are interesting characters which Batista and Orton are not.

Sorry Drew but I called it first :lol: (page 38) so WWE should hire us both!

Yeah it seems odd with Guardians coming out, but I can imagine GOTG flopping with it's quirky-ness in comparison to Avengers. We will have to see though,

^^they had two matches, one of them being the HIAC. However the Street fight at the RR ppv in 2000 is so much better than the HIAC, thats not a knock on the cell match too, its just that the street fight is amazing.

Thanks will try and watch that match soon, watched Undertaker vs Heidenreich yesterday from the 2005 (I think) RR.

If you like the casket match, watch the SVS 2004 match too.

top 5 matches all time? Here are mine

1: HBK vs The Undertaker-Bad Blood 1997
2: Bret Hart vs Steve Austin-WM 13
3: Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat- COTC VI
4: HBK vs The Undertaker-WM 25
5: Kurt Angle vs Steve Austin- Summerslam 2001

If you guys don't watch PWG you really need to. Here is a highlight reel of one of their best shows from last year [video=youtube;AhiiBN3ke2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhiiBN3ke2w[/video]

Anyone excited for WrestleMania? Any predictions? Here's mine

Andre the Giant battle royal- Dolph Ziggler
Shield vs. Kane/New Age Outlaws- Shield
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt- Wyatt (really hope)
Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar- Undertaker
Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H- Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista- Daniel Bryan.

Think that's all of them. That's more just what I'm hoping for rather than predictions. Just hope all the matches deliver and it will be a great event

You missed 2 matches no one cares about

Battle Royal-Sheamus
Matadores vs Real Americans vs Usos vs Rybaxel- The Usos
Divas match- Naiomi
Shield/Authority: The Shield
Taker/Lesnar: Taker
Cena/Wyatt: Wyatt
HHH/Bryan: Bryan
Bryan/Batista/Orton: Batista

Not getting my hopes up for the big Bryan win, so went with Batista, plus I feel HHH/Bryan might end up in a double DQ and they both make the main event which would be fine by me.

The matches that matter...

HHH vs. Bryan - Bryan
Lesnar vs. Taker - Taker
Cena vs. Wyatt - Wyatt
Bryan vs. Orton vs. Batista - Bryan
Battle Royal - Big E. Langston

You missed 2 matches no one cares about

Battle Royal-Sheamus
Matadores vs Real Americans vs Usos vs Rybaxel- The Usos
Divas match- Naiomi
Cena/Wyatt: Wyatt

Not getting my hopes up for the big Bryan win, so went with Batista, plus I feel HHH/Bryan might end up in a double DQ and they both make the main event which would be fine by me.

Exactly why I didn't list them haha. The tag titles got relegated to pre show so I'm not expecting a title change. Would like to see Real Americans win but I also want to see Cesaro go on his own like they teased a few weeks ago, now him and Swagger are on the same page again. As far as the divas match, I'll pretty much be disappointed if AJ doesn't win. Sadly seems like one of those "Total Divas" will win just so they can make an episode out of it.

A lot of rumors that the main event will be a fatal four way, would be awesome.
Definitely looking forward to seeing Bray Wyatt in action!

Battle Royal- Big Show
Matadores vs Real Americans vs Usos vs Rybaxel- Real Americans
Divas match- Don't Care but probably Naomi
Cena/Wyatt: Cena

1964841_802932416401920_18254379_n.jpg