The WWE Thread | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

The WWE Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know. But I understand a little of it. Cena = Merch sales with kids, like no other since Hogan.

Paige had a good entrance but she was terribly awkward in every aspect of that angle. Maybe it was nerves, or it was thrown together at the last second, but I hope she gets better because the pop she got will fade fast if she doesn't.

I know. But I understand a little of it. Cena = Merch sales with kids, like no other since Hogan.

Paige had a good entrance but she was terribly awkward in every aspect of that angle. Maybe it was nerves, or it was thrown together at the last second, but I hope she gets better because the pop she got will fade fast if she doesn't.

She was awkward on the mic, and I hope that's not the character they're making her be here. But the match was just as much AJ's fault as Paige's. AJ botched the finisher. Plus you have to take into account the fact that she's a 21 year old girl booked to win her industry's biggest title in her first appearance on worldwide television. I'll excuse her for being a little nervous.

As for the pop, she'll never get that again. It was from a crowd that knows her and knows how good she is in the ring. Most crowds don't have enough people who watch NXT for her to get that. With that being said, TV audiences often mimic other TV audiences, so I think she'll still be well received.

I honestly think both Sting and Taker are done for good. I only posted that picture of Sting because I know a lot of you guys are big fans of him. IMO Sting hasn't been good since 1998 and Undertaker is just too old now to work a good match. I just have no interest in seeing two 50 year olds clash at mania wasting a spot on the card especially now that the streak is broken, it has to be Takers last match.

New era is for sure here, Bryan, Cesaro,Wyatt,The Shield, Barrett,Rusev, and Paige all looked awesome last night and it really has me excited for the future.

Cena heel turn will come, we just need to look at Hogan. Hogan became big in 1983-84 and he finally turned heel about 12-13 years later. Cena became big in 2004, I expect him to turn heel in the next 2-3 heels. Also him turning heel against a heel would make zero sense, his heel turn SHOULD have been him beating the streak, but it will be a huge occasion nonetheless

Last edited:
I'm still completely baffled that Undertaker lost. I get it... and I get it's probably his last rodeo, but it should've been someone else. And this coming from a huge Lesnar fan.

Unless Brock is going to be around a lot more, it seems cheap. There was little/no build up.. the match was awful. The reactions after were amazing. My buddies and I were basically the same. You could hear a pin drop. Unbelievable. The one moment in WWE history I'll never forget.

I can't wait for the Extreme Rules PPV. Probably shaping up to be Bryan vs. HHH and Shield vs. Batista, Orton and Kane.

Are you going Drew? I read that its at the Izod center

Yeah, I'll be there. Got cheap tickets but looks like I'll have a great view, row 2 in the upper deck so I figure why not. Ideally I'd love to see Evolution vs. the Shield and Bryan vs. Lesnar but I'm sure it'll be..

HHH vs. Bryan
Orton, Bootista and Kane vs. the Shield

Those sound like awesome seats, really want to get to a WWE ppv some day, and every fan needs to go to mania at least once, needs to come to DC as that is only like 3 hours from me.

Man, I feel bad about writing what I did about Warrior having a heart attack in the ring, but there was something seriously wrong with him that night. He was gasping for breath when he came down the ramp and looked like he was about to collapse after his promo (which is kind of eerie now as he talked about his death). When he tried to shake the ropes I knew something was going on with him, more than being 54 and gassed. I swear, it looked like he was holding his arm/chest as he ended the promo. Awful news.

His last promo:

- - - Updated - - -

BkwVJAuCMAA3Qln.jpg

She was awkward on the mic, and I hope that's not the character they're making her be here. But the match was just as much AJ's fault as Paige's. AJ botched the finisher. Plus you have to take into account the fact that she's a 21 year old girl booked to win her industry's biggest title in her first appearance on worldwide television. I'll excuse her for being a little nervous.

I don't think AJ botched the finisher. It was meant for Paige to counter it, which is how she was supposed to win. Her finisher was way clumsy and King had to oversell AJ falling on her head. Again, understandable seeing it was her first time on the big stage.

I've been watching wrestling pretty much my whole life. I'm 23 so I can't say I remember the Warriors prime WWF run, but I had all of the hasbro figures, the wrestling buddy stuffed animal. But he was always my favorite wrestler to go back and watch. His matches with Hogan and Savage are some of my favorites.

Just so surreal that after years of hard feelings towards each other, Warrior and Vince patched things up and he was able to get recognized like he deserved too. And 2 days later he's dead. Just such an eerie thing. Even the promo from Raw is eerie looking back at it. So crazy. RIP Warrior

I don't think AJ botched the finisher. It was meant for Paige to counter it, which is how she was supposed to win. Her finisher was way clumsy and King had to oversell AJ falling on her head. Again, understandable seeing it was her first time on the big stage.

No, AJ botched Paige's finisher. This is what it's supposed to look like, and AJ didn't move when she had her leg swept out:

[video=youtube_share;sVYBz7kszso]http://youtu.be/sVYBz7kszso?t=12m14s[/video]

Last edited:
Possibly the most tragic wrestling death besides Owen Hart and Benoit, this just depressed me when I woke up to the news of his death, freaky as F*** to because literally he is dead days after he comes back to the WWE for the first time in 18 years and goes into the HOF. I just feel terrible for his two girls that he showed he was so proud of during his HOF speech, its just such a sad situation :embarassed:

Evolution has one of the best themes. The return the other night would have been much better if the crowd wasn't totally dead for it. If only every crowd could be like the night after Mania.

Evolution has one of the best themes. The return the other night would have been much better if the crowd wasn't totally dead for it. If only every crowd could be like the night after Mania.

Their theme is great.

But...

Their return would have been better if Evolution wasn't completely awful. The stable, and HHH's reign of terror, was one of the reasons I stopped watching wrestling.

Definitely a rough stretch during that time. Raw was basically HHH beating all former WCW/ECW guys. Smackdown was actually good with guys like Lesnar, Angle, Benoit, Undertaker etc. I think the turning point for that era was WrestleMania 21 when they made Cena and Batista the top guys. An era we still haven't really gotten out of but it looks like great days are ahead with Bryan, Cesaro, Shield, and Wyatt's leading the ship.

I always thought it'd be cool to see an Evolution reunion. Wasn't a fan of the faction back then when they ran the show but I respect all 3 men(4 if you wanna include Flair). Plus it keeps Orton and Batista away from the title for the time being. The match with Shield should be great if they add a stipulation like extreme rules.

Definitely a rough stretch during that time. Raw was basically HHH beating all former WCW/ECW guys. Smackdown was actually good with guys like Lesnar, Angle, Benoit, Undertaker etc. I think the turning point for that era was WrestleMania 21 when they made Cena and Batista the top guys. An era we still haven't really gotten out of but it looks like great days are ahead with Bryan, Cesaro, Shield, and Wyatt's leading the ship.

I always thought it'd be cool to see an Evolution reunion. Wasn't a fan of the faction back then when they ran the show but I respect all 3 men(4 if you wanna include Flair). Plus it keeps Orton and Batista away from the title for the time being. The match with Shield should be great if they add a stipulation like extreme rules.

Agreed. I was definitely more of a SmackDown guy back then.

I'm assuming the match itself will be an extreme rules match like you said. Kane will now face Bryan for the title in some kind of stipulation... maybe inferno since they are "bringing the monster back"?

Cena vs. Wyatt in a cage seems like a waste, cage matches are a joke now between pinfall, submission and the door. It should still be where you have to climb out to win.

All I know is I'm going to mark out when I'm at IZOD Center and the Evolution music hits. :lol:

Agreed. I was definitely more of a SmackDown guy back then.

I'm assuming the match itself will be an extreme rules match like you said. Kane will now face Bryan for the title in some kind of stipulation... maybe inferno since they are "bringing the monster back"?

Cena vs. Wyatt in a cage seems like a waste, cage matches are a joke now between pinfall, submission and the door. It should still be where you have to climb out to win.

All I know is I'm going to mark out when I'm at IZOD Center and the Evolution music hits. :lol:

Cage matches, I know ... I hope they'll add the stipulation of locked cage because nothing is dumber than the cage match where you can exit through the door ...

There is a rumor of Kane vs Bryan? That would be cool, I wonder if Kane will remain a part of the Authority though or if he will go rogue and just be against everybody.

Definitely looking forward to Shield vs Evolution ... don't think HHH will be that active in it, since most likely his leg is in bad shape, I know I read some rumors though, that pitted him against Roman Reigns at Summerslam.

What are you all thinking for the IC title? Big E vs Cesaro?

- - - Updated - - -

but it looks like great days are ahead with Bryan, Cesaro, Shield, and Wyatt's leading the ship.

Agreed! There is great new talent, and we have Rusev now as well, he is cool.

Can anyone fill me in on Bo Dallas? Is he like a wrestler version of Justin Bieber?

Last edited:
There's not many wrestlers that just make me roll my eyes and can't wait until there segment is over, but Rusev does that for me. The whole monster squashing guys in 30 seconds is getting old and boring. And this Rusev guy is just boring to me. Don't see him going far.

Bo Dallas was up for like a month last year. He was in the Royal Rumble and eliminated Wade Barrett and had a little feud before Dallas would go back to NXT and win the title. I'm not sure what his gimmick is honestly. Haven't watched enough NXT. He is also the real life brother of Bray Wyatt.

Not sure what the stipulation will be for Bryan vs. Kane. Inferno matches don't seem to be something that'd fly in the PG era. Kane and Wyatt had a match at Summerslam that is similar where the ring was surrounded by fire but you had to win by pinfall. It was really just to keep Harper and Rowan from interfering so I doubt they go there again. Maybe Last Man Standing?

Last edited: