Theatrical Future/PVOD Thread | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

Theatrical Future/PVOD Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While I do think Andrew Garfield is lying through his teeth and will be in No Way Home in some role, I don't think we'll see him after that. I think he's more than happy doing great work on high art awards films such as The Eyes of Tammy Faye and Tick, Tick... Boom! (along with others he's done throughout his career) rather than reverting back to being Spider-Man again for an extended period of time, especially because Peter Parker is a limiting character for a talented actor like Garfield.
I agree. But AG is a spidey superfan. I think if given the opportunity he might be okay with slinging webs for a little bit longer.

Short version: ENCANTO will be on Disney+ after 30 days, the rest of the Disney/Fox movies through the end of the year will have 45-day exclusivity windows in cinemas.

Short version: ENCANTO will be on Disney+ after 30 days, the rest of the Disney/Fox movies through the end of the year will have 45-day exclusivity windows in cinemas.
If Encanto is only 30 days exclusive, that means I’ll be able to see it free/included with Disney+ By Christmas, which I haven’t had to worry about paying for in years at this point since I got the 3-year/$150 deal back before launch.

So I guess my point is - why would I see it in theaters? That’s the issue with theatrical windows getting smaller and smaller. Unless it’s an MCU movie, I’m normally not in a big rush to see the movie (and I still haven’t seen Shang-Chi even and may not in theaters bc the window is only 45 days).

I’m patient enough that I can wait for these things to hit streaming instead of going to the theater (as much as I love going) if the theatrical window is just going to keep shrinking.

If it's a movie I've been looking forward to, I want to see it as soon as possible on the biggest screen possible.
I agree. Free Guy got me out to a theater because of the excellent word of mouth. I may see Shang-Chi Sunday. But Encanto? I don’t have nearly the kind of hype for that type of film to the point where I can’t wait 30 days to get it at no extra charge.

Still haven’t been, but, a local drive in currently is playing Shang-Chi followed by Free Guy. Seems like a worthy double header for a return to a theatre like experience.

Reactions: Nick
I'd like to think that China saying "No" to notable American blockbuster releases will get the studios to stop feeling like they have to pander to the Chinese government.

Wishful thinking, I'm sure!

So apparently Scarlett got around $40M. That's an insane pay day for a movie that only did about $500M when you combine Disney+ & Theatrical (especially since she got $20M upfront).

Reactions: belloq87
So apparently Scarlett got around $40M. That's an insane pay day for a movie that only did about $500M when you combine Disney+ & Theatrical (especially since she got $20M upfront).

Insane when the movie was bad, bit like Depp with the later pirates movies.

What's more insane is still wanting to work with someone who exposed your shady dealing and total lack of morals... :shrug:

What's more insane is still wanting to work with someone who exposed your shady dealing and total lack of morals... :shrug:
They know she's one of the biggest female names in Hollywood and also just a great actress. You never want to lose relationships with someone like that, especially when you are expanding with more and more content like Disney currently is with Disney+. Also remember, a Black Widow sequel was rumored around the time of it's release, so they may want to keep that option open.

Theres an old quote attributed to any number of moguls in the day but it ran something like "That *** is banned from the studio. Until I need him"