This Just In - Current USH Happenings | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

This Just In - Current USH Happenings

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
i think you may have misunderstood what i said. when HP opened in Orlando, Hollywood also saw massive attendance boosts that were furthered when it actually opened here. this is likely due to association. SLoP helps add the ride count to the park, so even if that ride itself doesn't draw people (though i do think it'll help with younger families) just having another ride listed makes the park seem bigger/more worth it. again, DL just didn't really have a chance once RotR opened and regardless the land itself did not come out as great as HP and Nintendo lands are. It's not about the Mario Kart ride, it's about the Nintendo IP and how the land looks/will look in advertising material. in both of those, this land is a major win. Mario is a universally loved and known character, and you can see through Switch sales that this is still something the general public cares about. People are also not reading rumors and leaks and won't necessarily know that this is coming to Orlando, and even if they did might not want to wait 3 years. I do think if we see a summer opening (unlikely though it may be) it would do a lot more than a winter opening. also, LA is already a tourist destination. a lot of this is driving tourists already coming to the parks, not just getting them to make a trip for the park. if they can get people to do one day disney and one day universal instead of two days disney, that's gonna help.
We will see

I just can’t see much changing next year but it’s because I’ve been an AP since before Potter and just have yet to see universal not have an off season but Disneyland has lost its off season and now is 24 always a little busy

but it’s all speculation for now and think Covid will still affect theme parks next year unless a miracle happens but doubt Covid will be done 100 percent for another year or two

i think you may have misunderstood what i said. when HP opened in Orlando, Hollywood also saw massive attendance boosts that were furthered when it actually opened here. this is likely due to association. SLoP helps add the ride count to the park, so even if that ride itself doesn't draw people (though i do think it'll help with younger families) just having another ride listed makes the park seem bigger/more worth it. again, DL just didn't really have a chance once RotR opened and regardless the land itself did not come out as great as HP and Nintendo lands are. It's not about the Mario Kart ride, it's about the Nintendo IP and how the land looks/will look in advertising material. in both of those, this land is a major win. Mario is a universally loved and known character, and you can see through Switch sales that this is still something the general public cares about. People are also not reading rumors and leaks and won't necessarily know that this is coming to Orlando, and even if they did might not want to wait 3 years. I do think if we see a summer opening (unlikely though it may be) it would do a lot more than a winter opening. also, LA is already a tourist destination. a lot of this is driving tourists already coming to the parks, not just getting them to make a trip for the park. if they can get people to do one day disney and one day universal instead of two days disney, that's gonna help.
Don’t forget, that attendance boost wasn’t seen until a full year later. Remember in 2016 they had to beg people and pass holders to visit the park. They created all these offers and discounts because they overhyped it and scared everyone away.

Don’t forget, that attendance boost wasn’t seen until a full year later. Remember in 2016 they had to beg people and pass holders to visit the park. They created all these offers and discounts because they overhyped it and scared everyone away.
Think that was the only year I didn’t have an AP, lol

Reactions: Ron101
seems they did pretty okay for 2016 with attendance. but yeah now that you mention it i completely forgot about the offers lol. wasn't there a deal that one ticket came with a season pass? i remember going opening day for WW tho and that was terrible lol, don't know if the place has been that crowded since

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 6.36.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 6.36.39 PM.png
    175.7 KB · Views: 8
Getting back to SR, it's tough to say. I seem to recall them temporarily removing SR in the past during high volume times. That said, I don't remember them actually removing signage.

Mummy SR is a bit of a no win situation... when it's open, it backs up so fast that it's essentially not a time saver anymore, so they shut it down. Then people complain that it's closed, but if it were open, it'd take just as long as the stand by line and people will complain about the long wait... so why open it at all? Can't really blame them there. And I haven't done Transformers SR in a long time, but it can back up pretty quickly as well, resulting in the same Mummy SR situation.

We'll see what happens once the busy season passes. I figure FJ will keep theirs, it doesn't seem to typically have the back up issue the others can have.

I don’t get why SR is a hassle. I always see TMs ignoring SRs when there are available spots. Just comes across as laziness not to fully load the vehicle.

The only ride I really have single rider issues on is Mummy, the rest load rarely quickly in my experience. Forbidden Journey definitely the most so, but I'm usually in pretty quick on Jurassic World. I've only done Transformers SR once but that's just luck on whether or not people see the single rider line.

I don’t get why SR is a hassle. I always see TMs ignoring SRs when there are available spots. Just comes across as laziness not to fully load the vehicle.
Technically the single rider line could never move all day if the right amount of guest pairs appear. The mummy is a prime example of a single rider line that backs up and then doesn’t move. A single rider mummy line that reaches outdoors is at least an hour wait.

Technically the single rider line could never move all day if the right amount of guest pairs appear. The mummy is a prime example of a single rider line that backs up and then doesn’t move. A single rider mummy line that reaches outdoors is at least an hour wait.

Ive never seen this happen and the longest I’ve waited in SR for Mummy has been 20 min. Got to the loading station and saw Sr spots not being filled, hence the back up. Really depends on the TM working that day and if they care.

What's weird to me is its so hit and miss. I've been told the little Potter coast isn't using single rides but Forbidden Journey has never turned me away from using single rider.

In fact at one point or another all rides with Single Rider have told me they are not using it that day but Forbidden Journey

Reactions: JawsVictim
Oh, I've seen the SR Mummy ride go out the building many, many times. I don't really blame the grouper when the guests themselves make it difficult by often switching to another row that the grouper didn't assign, large groups engaging in lengthy discussions about who's going to ride with who RIGHT AT THE BOARDING AREA, front row/back row requests, child swaps, ADA requests, etc. I often saw similar happen on FotH, that SR not only got out of control, but because there's no divider, it'd often get mixed into the Express people, and people would take advantage (such as a group of 6 saying they're going to do single rider at the queue entrance, but then just claim they're an express group of 6 at the boarding station--which also happened a lot).

While at least at FJ, people can't really easily swap cars/lines (although it does still happen), ADA and Child Swap are taken to another separate area to be delt with, every seat is the "front row", and there's more time and visual cues to see where the empty seats are. Just a lot easier to manage there.

And this is not just a Universal SR issue. All the same can be said about Disney. We visited the park last week, and was told the SR for SM was closed all week. And I've seen them close SR lines at various attractions all the time.

SR is really there to help the park, not the guest. It's just a happy coincidence that it can help the guest.

BREAKING: After years of complaining, you can now add your Annual Pass/Tickets to the app! Latest app update today allows you to do it.

I successfully added mine to the app but its not showing the barcode, just the pass number. A glitch? Or do they need to take my photo now because they dropped the fingerprint reader system?:think:

BREAKING: After years of complaining, you can now add your Annual Pass/Tickets to the app! Latest app update today allows you to do it.

I successfully added mine to the app but its not showing the barcode, just the pass number. A glitch? Or do they need to take my photo now because they dropped the fingerprint reader system?:think:
It's there for me. I assume you went to the wallet? Probably just a glitch. This is great though, so happy they finally did it.
Maybe next we'll get a plastic pass ;)

Reactions: Rideguy70

Let's hope they dropped the fingerprints. Always make the line go so slow.