Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tia looks amazing

Summer for WDW and November or December for Disneyland (November vs. still be hot so hopefully then)

Looks great!
Hopefully we can retire the projected faces on AA’s once and for all now…

Same, the projected faces were an experiment which just didn't turn out right. I'd rather have a fully sculpted and moving face from Disney which looks good in any condition, photo, video etc.

And it looks like I picked the right time to visit in mid/late August, wasn't expecting this to be open by then, so this is a nice surprise!

While the new Tiana animatronic is impressive, I feel like it didn't need to be fully "animated" as far as movements go considering you're going to float right past rather than linger in place. At least it wasn't those awful projection faces.

Hopefully it turns out well, but my expectations are low.

Genuinely confused. You wanted it to be... less?
I share your confusion. This wasn't really a problem with any of the previous Splash Mountain animatronics. Doesn't it arguably need to be more animated to draw people's attention when you are passing by it? It's the same principle that necessitates the broadness of theatrical acting.

Reactions: IzzyB
Also confused, don't we complain that the Yeti isn't animated and you literally fly by the Yeti. I mean the boat slowly moves by things and so having it fully animated is needed more than some other faster moving rides.

Reactions: kristenabelle
No confusion necessary. It depends on where in the ride it's placed. The Splash figures were minimally animated compared to this new figure.

Also the Yeti is a terrible example because that was flawed from day 1. Matterhorn did it better.