Ticket Price Increases For Disney | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Ticket Price Increases For Disney

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Vyrus, the way i see it is this: Disney can raise prices because, no matter what, people still go. They haven't reached that tipping point yet. Maybe a few less people will go, but not enough for Disney to take an attendance hit. And maybe they don't get those repeat visitors. You know, the ones who don't spend the merchandise money because they have everything already. Disney wants the people who will shell out $2,000 in merchandise during their once every 5 years trip, not the people who MAY buy an overpriced $30.00 tee shirt, but come year after year. Also, raising prices then adding on discounts allows Disney to basically sell rooms and tickets for the same price as the previous year while calling it a discount in the current year.

Disney is a business. And businesses cannot survive if they price consumers out of the market. Disney hasn't reached that point yet. But what is that point? $90.00? $100.00? We won't know until we see people finally stop going.

The good thing going for Disney is that MOST people who visit come for multiple days, so they take advantage of the discount offered with the multi day tickets. I rarely see anyone buying a one day ticket anymore.

The good thing going for Disney is that MOST people who visit come for multiple days, so they take advantage of the discount offered with the multi day tickets. I rarely see anyone buying a one day ticket anymore.

I couldn't ever fathom paying that much for a single day. If there's a slight chance you'll ever go again in your life, go for the multi day and get no expiration.

Just received word from my friend. He is now thinking a 3rd day at Universal/IOA (one of those parks, not both on the same day) is perfectly fine with him. Just now need to decide which park. I am leaning IOA for several reasons. 1) Do Wizarding World a second time. 2) One day eat at Three Broomsticks, the second day eat at Mythos. Will fulfill two of my must do's at IOA. 3) Ride Spiderman again. My favorite ride in Orlando. 4) See anything we may not have gotten a chance to see on day one. I know we'll see everything at Universal Studios, so I am not concerned with a 2nd day there. I fear we may not see everything in IOA though.

Just received word from my friend. He is now thinking a 3rd day at Universal/IOA (one of those parks, not both on the same day) is perfectly fine with him. Just now need to decide which park. I am leaning IOA for several reasons. 1) Do Wizarding World a second time. 2) One day eat at Three Broomsticks, the second day eat at Mythos. Will fulfill two of my must do's at IOA. 3) Ride Spiderman again. My favorite ride in Orlando. 4) See anything we may not have gotten a chance to see on day one. I know we'll see everything at Universal Studios, so I am not concerned with a 2nd day there. I fear we may not see everything in IOA though.

You should be able to everything in IOA in one day, but if it's between a second day there or at the Studios, go for IOA. You can pace yourself both days and enjoy everything at your own pace.

I need a good two days to go to IOA just to take it all in and ride the best rides multiple times. Make sure you get to Mythos around 5ish or get a reservation because it can be a long wait if you dont.

How many days out does Mythos book? 30 days? I called Margaritaville and they told me 30 days prior, so I have the day programmed in my phone to let me know when to call LOL. I do want to eat at Mythos, always have, but never got the chance. I figure a second day in IOA would give me that opportunity. I'll knock off both places in one trip, Three Broomsticks and Mythos.

Universal increased prices for 10 years and really had nothing new to show for it. :shrug:

I would love to know the 10 years you're talking about where UOR added absolutely nothing. The only year I can really think of that the two parks had absolutely nothing new was 2007, and even that saw the opening of Blue Man Group.

2001-2002 saw nothing except closures.
2003 saw Neutron being added.
2004 saw Mummy.
2005 - Jan 2008 saw nothing at either parks except closures again (2006 Suess Trolley opened but I wouldn't really call that a milestone)

I would love to know the 10 years you're talking about where UOR added absolutely nothing. The only year I can really think of that the two parks had absolutely nothing new was 2007, and even that saw the opening of Blue Man Group.

Right. Because UOR needed to pay for that new form of free entertainment :look:

This price increase is such a joke in that Disney told the local press 4 days before that they had no intention of raising their prices. Then Universal raised theirs so Disney felt they needed to up them by one dollar. Really shows you how Disney can operate in a childish jealous manner.

I feel both parks are equally unwarranted in raising their ticket prices. They were fine where they were at previously. Oh well, I guess.

Right. Because UOR needed to pay for that new form of free entertainment :look:

Obviously I was talking about an addition to the resort.

2001-2002 saw nothing except closures.
2003 saw Neutron being added.
2004 saw Mummy.
2005 - Jan 2008 saw nothing at either parks except closures again (2006 Suess Trolley opened but I wouldn't really call that a milestone)

2000: Men in Black, Flying Unicorn, Storm Force
2001: Animal Planet Live
2002: Mat Hoffman
2003: Jimmy Neutron, Shrek 4D
2004: Revenge of the Mummy
2005: Fear Factor Live
2006: Universal 360, Seuss Trolley
2008: Disaster!, The Simpsons Ride
2009: Rip Ride Rockit
2010: Wizarding World of Harry Potter

So again.. I ask.. what 10 years are you referring to where UOR added absolutely nothing? If you meant of interest, that's your opinion.. but these "dark ages" are pretty greatly exaggerated on these boards. Most of us were enjoying the hell out of these parks pre-Potter.

This price increase is such a joke in that Disney told the local press 4 days before that they had no intention of raising their prices. Then Universal raised theirs so Disney felt they needed to up them by one dollar. Really shows you how Disney can operate in a childish jealous manner.

Then Disney lied to the local press. Last week a friend of mine ran off the new prices as he read them from the Hub. And what he read to me is exactly what Disney raised the prices to. Now, I cannot verify if the prices were on the Hub or not, but he isn't in a position where he would be privy to this information, so I took him at his word. So, where he got his info, if the info wasn't on the Hub, I have no idea. But, they straight up lied to the press.