Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ticket/Timing Question

Jul 11, 2012
Hi all, first post on this great site. Been following Universal discussion since May.

I plan on attending HHN for the first time this year. We have annual passes and will be staying at Portofino, booked directly through Loews, for the first HHN weekend. We are purchasing Rush of Fear passes for Fri & Sat nights.

So my question is, that being a novice for this event and reading about early entry/Stay&Scream, is there any sort of early access I qualify for during the first two nights of the event? Either through AP or being a hotel guest? Is there something I should arrange for now to give us a helping hand?

Secondly, how bad are the lines going to be on this opening weekend? Should we plan on buying express or have a specific strategy in what houses we head to first? I read the HHN22 speculation thread fully and had a hard time determining a consensus on visiting strategies.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Mike

The early entry will help. Your AP allows you to hang out in one of the designated areas in the park while they clear the park before HHN starts. Finnegan's is a great place to hang.
Opening weekend will be busy(especially opening night), but you should be fine with 2 nights to do everything. If you feel like you missed a ton or are just tired of lines after night 1, you can always get express for night 2.

It's not that busy opening weekend, but there will be a good crowd. Honestly, I don't think Express Passes will be needed.

I never use express pass the first 2 weekends, its not needed.

As long as your at the front gates at openings then you will be able to hit all houses, some twice before the night is up.

Thank you all for the quick feedback. So because I have an AP, I can hang out at Finnegan's. Should I plan to hit the IP/License houses first, like Walking Dead and Penn/Teller?

What time should I shoot for in getting to Finnegan's?

Thanks again

Does anyone know if they've actually ever sold out of Stay & Scream tickets? We are booking our hotel & tickets through Universal but it doesn't give an option to add those passes. We can get them when we get there but I don't want to get there & find out that they are gone. Thanks!

Thanks again for the info this Summer. Any update yet to the Guide you wrote up for last year's event?

Hi Mike, if you haven't already, make sure to RSVP for the Annual Passholder event. Its on the HHN site if you go to the Annual Passholder ticketing page at the bottom. You'll probably need to RSVP for each day you'll go. It allows you access to 3 houses from 5-6:30. Its a great way to knock out 3 houses before the event even starts. If you're in the park already you can just head over to the event area by ET at 5pm. Just make sure you have your confirmation print-out. I go to the AP event every year. Friday is usually less crowded for the event than Saturday, probably because its more difficult for people to get there by 5pm if they worked that day. Way back in the day they had discounted food / alcohol for the AP days but haven't the past few years.

If you attend that you definitely won't need Express. I can usually get 7 mazes and Bill and Ted's in that first night without really rushing. The early access to B&T's at the event is sort of a joke. There's so many annual passholders there for it they fill the show anyway so there's not much perk there. You may be better off hitting the soundstage houses right at 6:30 vs going to B&T's. I like hitting B&T's for the last show. Earlier shows have the RIP tours and stuff taking up the best seats in the center...by the last show the tours are all done and those reserved seats are usually open.

Hi all, first post on this great site. Been following Universal discussion since May.

I plan on attending HHN for the first time this year. We have annual passes and will be staying at Portofino, booked directly through Loews, for the first HHN weekend. We are purchasing Rush of Fear passes for Fri & Sat nights.

So my question is, that being a novice for this event and reading about early entry/Stay&Scream, is there any sort of early access I qualify for during the first two nights of the event? Either through AP or being a hotel guest? Is there something I should arrange for now to give us a helping hand?

Secondly, how bad are the lines going to be on this opening weekend? Should we plan on buying express or have a specific strategy in what houses we head to first? I read the HHN22 speculation thread fully and had a hard time determining a consensus on visiting strategies.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Mike

I just found this thread, so first and foremost, welcome!

If you have an AP, you need to make sure you RSVP and print the confirmation page or e-mail (and obviously have that with you on the evening of the event.) :thumbs: Here's the link: http://www.universalorlando.com/RSVP/HHN2012/rsvp.aspx

Also, it turns out that hotel guests, regardless of anything else, also have early entry! Check this out:

ON-SITE HOTEL GUEST PRIORITY EVENT ENTRANCE FOR HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS© 22

Show your on-site hotel room key card for access to a special Halloween Horror Nights entry gate so you can get in to the event faster and start screaming sooner! It's just one more of the many special theme park benefits of staying at Universal Orlando's on-site hotels. (Valid on-site hotel room key card required for access to the priority event entrance and Halloween Horror Nights 22 paid event admission required.)

(Source: http://www.universaltravelagents.co...ew_additional_orlando_vacations.asp#halloween )

Good luck! And have a bloody awesome first time! :saw: :cheers:

I am excited to see an Adventurers Guide for HHN 22. It will be interesting to see what suggestions are made based on the changes that are occuring this year. Is a counter-clockwise approach still the best plan of attack?

Thanks to all for the very helpful guidance!

Headed now to Universal for the weekend. First time for this event. I will RSVP right now. Thanks again