Tokyo Disneyland Resort | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the first two scenes are too long (especially the second one, where the vehicles just twirl around without much around them changing), but other than that, it looks terrific. Beautiful set design, and some great transformation gags.

It certainly looks better than any of the non-thrill E-tickets Disney's built in Florida since... well, a long time.

Reactions: Freak and Mad Dog
Never one to solely judge an attraction on a POV....BUT....this is sooo entertaining , and perfect for Disney's customer base, I think I can safely say this
is just about the perfect Disney dark ride. It captures the essence of the film and makes great use of that classic musical score. The kiddies will love it.
Heck, I loved it. Just a shame we'll probably not see it in the states in the foreseeable future, especially with the covid pullback on new attractions. Thankful to
@Alicia for posting the entire experience on her site. Nice preshow also.....Though I doubt this would be as big of a hit with Universal's
customer base. This is primarily a family and kid's ride, not a thrill seekers type attraction.

Last edited:
That's the "worst" scene of the ride, for sure. Just goes on way too long.

Everything after that is fantastic.
Meh. The AAs are definitely impressive. But the structure of the ride is just dull. I don't understand why these new generation FL dark rides (Mermaid is the same way) shy away from showing any real conflict.

I'm assuming that this is an attraction that may play better in Japan and that it's tailored to the market. There seems to be a bigger market for the story/calm attraction there. I can easily see where it could be tweaked a bit to tighten it up for a slightly faster paced US version at some point.

I do think this is a ride that might not play well with video. It certainly seems like it's ambitions are different than any other Disney dark ride, with very few show scenes that attempt to impart the feeling of the music through the movement of the ride vehicles. It's also hard to gauge how the ride vehicle is moving since the camera could be compensating for the vehicle movement to highlight certain elements of the show scene. The low resolution is also making it hard to see the animatronic faces, which we know is one of the highlights of the ride. I can see why some say it looks boring, but this is probably one I'm gonna have to ride for myself to get a final opinion.

That last scene is absolutely beautiful though. I hope it feels as emotionally overwhelming as it looks.

Reactions: belloq87
My initial reaction to watching the full ride-through was "WOW!" The AAs and the effects look top-notch and is definitely a world-class dark ride.

After a second viewing, while I still think the whole experience looks amazing, I did notice that the pace and tone is a lot calmer than M&MRR and RotR. The "snow" scene seemed too drawn out and unnecessary. Noticed that even through my initial first view. It looked like they ran out of money and space to add more to it. It seems like the whole experience is carried entirely by the "Wow!' factor and not necessarily on the "ride" factor. RotR accomplished balancing both far greater than BatB has even though BatB has clearly superior AAs. Still on the fence on whether RotR has better effects though.

Overall, while there are a few scenes that look too long and patted, I still think it looks fantastic. The AAs of Belle and Beast dancing at the end look incredible. I would not mind having this ride over here at DLR, but I don't think that would be realistic. Would love to see a Frozen ride with a similar format but with a faster pace.

Would love to see a Frozen ride with a similar format but with a faster pace.
I also think it would work well for Aladdin, though where they would put it I don't know. You enter the Cave of Wonders, get on trackless carpets, start with a big Friend Like Me scene, then Prince Ali, maybe a huge snake battle where we're involved in the fight, then end with a Whole New World.

Biggest difference is that Pirates more than three animatronics in every room.
I think it's justified since Beauty and the Beast has a smaller non-human cast. However, certain modern rides like Pirates at Shanghai or Rise of the Resistance could definitely have benefited from more animatronics. But those rides aren't really designed for you to take in multiple things at once so I'm not sure you see the benefit of multiple animatronics unless you design an atmospheric ride like Pirates or Haunted Mansion. I hope they do a ride like that again, but it seems unlikely.

Yeah, just watched and not my cup of Tea... the spinning and spinning and spinning along with all the other spinners is illusion busting. Being in the same room for 30-60 sec is tiresome "been there did it done it saw it". Even the music drove me nuts in how they were almost abusing it to support the monotonous visuals.

I'd need to ride this to see if I liked it or not...but my god the tech of the ride is amazing and would take it at Disneyland in CA in about 5 seconds.

Its like a show you ride....so I think if you like shows like Philharmagic or Tiki Room you should like this.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Freak
I’m confused, where was belle with her lantern? Or the beast getting attacked by wolves animatronic? did they cut that scene or am I blind.

I’m confused, where was belle with her lantern? Or the beast getting attacked by wolves animatronic? did they cut that scene or am I blind.
Both appear in the preshow scene.

EDIT: If you search for the full ride on Youtube it appears at around the 3:44 mark.

Last edited: