Toon Lagoon Theater | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Toon Lagoon Theater

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In addition to the occasional seasonal show, this theater also hold special events and panels that take place at IoA, such as the Harry Potter celebration a while ago. It's where they had all the Q&A panels for that.

It also housed Ivillage live for a year and obviously was the home of Bill and Ted when HHN was at IOA.

Right now its off limits and can't be used according to most of my sources that are familiar with the venue. Its just not important enough to fix right now.

^ I wish, but who knows what Universal is going to do considering the licensing debacle with Disney :(. Perhaps once that runs out they'll consider an overall expansion/re-theme of Marvel Superhero Island?

I personally would love to see something more family oriented go in that spot. A classic darkride themed to the Rocky and Bullwinkle characters would add a lot of charm and would fill the family friendly gap that IOA seems to lack.

^ I wish, but who knows what Universal is going to do considering the licensing debacle with Disney :(. Perhaps once that runs out they'll consider an overall expansion/re-theme of Marvel Superhero Island?

I personally would love to see something more family oriented go in that spot. A classic darkride themed to the Rocky and Bullwinkle characters would add a lot of charm and would fill the family friendly gap that IOA seems to lack.

If Universal could update Spiderman, they can put in a Marvel show in that theater. After all they own 250 characters and they can have Marvel in IOA until the end of time if they want. The only way Disney gets Marvel in Florida is if Universal lets MSHI rot or if they want to sell it to Disney. I think as long as they own Marvel, they can do whatever they want to that island.

I wish they would make that little area between Marvel and Toon Lagoon a Scooby-Doo themed area. Include an attraction, meet and greet, shop and a food option. It would be a great mini land.

Just so this ends at page two, the contract with Marvel stipulates the above (as long as MSHI is in good shape and functioning, Uni keeps it), but also that any additions need to be approved by Marvel IN GOOD FAITH.

Meaning, if Disney says "No" to an Iron Man ride, but can't do it for a really good reason, Uni can still build it.

Does anybody know how that applies to the movies? If they hypothetically built an Iron Man attraction, would they be allowed to use the universe from the live action movies? Or would they have to stick to the comic books (which would thematically fit much better anyways...)?

Does anybody know how that applies to the movies? If they hypothetically built an Iron Man attraction, would they be allowed to use the universe from the live action movies? Or would they have to stick to the comic books (which would thematically fit much better anyways...)?

Uni has the license to use the existing IP from the comic books, and use in their theme park environment. Anything different would be a change to the licensing agreement. What is considered "good faith" would be up to the lawyers and judges to decide on a case to case basis. If Uni wanted to make a new attraction based on a movie version of a character, instead of the comic book version, Disney may be able to prove that it is not in "good faith".

Right now its off limits and can't be used according to most of my sources that are familiar with the venue. Its just not important enough to fix right now.

Why are you hearing it can't be used?

Only thing I've heard is they stopped doing that Matt Hofman show because 1) the extreme bike thing is over and 2) they couldn't get people into the theater.

Anyone else wanna see this thing removed for a little more:hulk::docock::spidey:
To keep with the original idea of "Islands", though, it would have to be comic strip themed since it's on that side of the bridge. I know most people couldn't care less, but I like to think they'd maintain that integrity (despite the blind-eye for Lost Continent into HP).
They technically could, though, theme it to Spidey, as he did (does?) have a newspaper comic strip.

To keep with the original idea of "Islands", though, it would have to be comic strip themed since it's on that side of the bridge. I know most people couldn't care less, but I like to think they'd maintain that integrity (despite the blind-eye for Lost Continent into HP).
They technically could, though, theme it to Spidey, as he did (does?) have a newspaper comic strip.

It looks like you already have a blind eye for this side too, because there is no bridge there :lol:

IDK if I am bursting your dream here, but only PoE and Seuss have bridges on both sides. Marvel, JP, LC, and WWoHP have bridges on one side. Toon Lagoon does not have a bridge over the lagoon, only one over a ride.

Last edited:
It looks like you already have a blind eye for this side too, because there is no bridge there :lol:

IDK if I am bursting your dream here, but only PoE and Seuss have bridges on both sides. Marvel, JP, LC, and WWoHP have bridges on one side. Toon Lagoon does not have a bridge over the lagoon, only one over a ride.
Even if it doesn't go over the lagoon, it serves the same purpose. All sections are separated by a bridge.

Even if it doesn't go over the lagoon, it serves the same purpose. All sections are separated by a bridge.

You must have misunderstood my last post. Not all sections are separated by a bridge.

Marvel is not separated from Toon Lagoon with a bridge, it is not just LC and WWoHP. There is the back of the Spiderman ride and it is right next to the closed theater in TL.

On the other side of Toon Lagoon before JP, there is a bridge over a ride but it is still TL themed for a bit before JP. It is still a stretch, as it does not go over water how are they separate islands?

So I understand the JP side could be seen either way, but the Marvel side is indisputable as there is no bridge. Take your pick :lol:

A
PoE
Seuss
LC & WWoHP
JP, TL, & Marvel

B
PoE
Seuss
LC & WWoHP
JP
TL & Marvel

But what do I know, people keep telling me Europe and Asia are different continents?

Didnt want to start a new thread.

In the future, if Universal is allowed too, could we see the TL theatre associated with Marvel Superhero Island?

Could we see TL turned into Marvel Stadium? For some stunt show with characters or something?
Avengers Toy Story Mania Type ride?
Rip Comic Strip Cafe Out, Remove those carnival games and put a Springfield Style eatery in the area? Dark Ride for Comic Strip Cafe land area?

Just throwing stuff out there. The area right after spiderman ride up right too comic strip cafe is so dead to a ton of foot traffic even with the games.

This might give people a reason to go right instead of left when entering Islands .

Just some ideas. Toon Lagoon theatre is mysterious too me lol

I don't honestly see Universal being able to really do much in the way of new Marvel attractions. I have a feeling if Disney has to approve anything, they'll just veto everything for the hell of it.

I don't honestly see Universal being able to really do much in the way of new Marvel attractions. I have a feeling if Disney has to approve anything, they'll just veto everything for the hell of it.

Darn. I always though the Theatre was a bit far from Toon Lagoon but a tad bit too close to the Marvel area to be considered Toon Lagoon. Always felt weird walking past it. Hope they can do something with it in the future though!

I really wish something would be done with TA. It sits empty for about 360 or so days a year, and it used only for Spirit cheerleading competition (which has been held in Fear Factor), some rehearsals, and the occasional meeting or special event. Put in a regular show, tear it down for a ride, something, just don't let this piece of real estate sit unused. What a waste.