Discussion in 'Other U.S. Theme Parks' started by StarTrekGeek, Mar 28, 2010.
I've updated my Top 5 just now...
So since the last time I've updated my original top 5, I have been on more coasters, particularly over the summers of 2011 and 2012. I've been to Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Cedar Point, Hersheypark, Six Flags Over Georgia, and Six Flags Great Adventure since early 2011, and my original top 5 has been transformed. This time I feel like doing a Top 10, just because I have been on more coasters, and I honestly feel like it would be pointless to edit the original post (This new Top 10 combines wood with steel. Also, 3, 4, and 5 are tied):
1. Kingda Ka (Six Flags Great Adventure) (might be one of the few )
2. Top Thrill Dragster (Cedar Point)
3. Millennium Force (Cedar Point)
4. Intimidator 305 (Kings Dominion)
5. X2 (Six Flags Magic Mountain)
6. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa)
7. Maverick (Cedar Point)
8. El Toro (Six Flags Great Adventure) (best wooden ever! Please bring one to FL)
9. Goliath (Six Flags Magic Mountain)
10. Skyrush (Hersheypark)
I live in New England some i'm kinda spoiled with good rides:thumbs:
Top 10 steel
1. Bizarro SFNE (ranked #1 coaster on the planet)
2. Nitro SFGAdv.
3. Hulk IOA
4. Dueling Dragons Fire
5. Kingda Ka
6. Bizarro SFGAdv.
8. Revenge of the Mummy
Top 10 Steel
1. Yankee Cannonball
2. El Toro
3. Excalibur- Funtown Splashtown ME
4. Boulder Dash
5. Dania Beach Hurricane RIP
6. Thunderbolt SFNE
7. Rolling Thunder SFGAdv.
8. Cyclone SFNE
9. Comet TGE
10. The Boss
1: Incredible Hulk
2: El Toro
3: Kingda Ka (never been on TTD)
You are not a roller coaster fan until you have pushed a Roller Coaster in a station...Then that coaster attempts to kill you when you ride it,,lol...
Ride crews who have automated transfer tables are so spoiled and missing out on so much fun (and hard work)! You really haven't lived until you've "bobsledded" a full length PTC out of the station to the lift and stopped the train with one other person without the help of brakes on a transfer table, and then pushed the table and train back into running position. Disney management would have a heart attack at all the "red zones" you encounter doing that.
Guess I should post a list of some sort...hmmmm...think I'll break out my wooden and steel favorites separately.
1. Voyage at Holiday World
2. Thunderhead at Dollywood
3. Raven at Holiday World
4. Rampage at Alabama Adventure (RIP)
5. Blue Streak at Cedar Point
1. Maverick at Cedar Point
2. Diamondback at Kings Island
3. Magnum XL-200 at Cedar Point
4. Hulk at IOA
5. Montu at BGT
The steel list fluctuates a lot, with the exception of Maverick at the top. I still have a hard time putting anything ahead of it.
My Top 5 are:
Goliath at Six Flags Over Georiga
Dragon Challenge at Islands Of Adventure
Wild Eagle at Dollywood
Incredible Hulk Coaster at Islands of Adventure
Mystery Mine at Dollywood
*This list may be diffrent when I get back from Cedar Point and Kings Island later this summer.
Which dragon challenge?
1. Voyage – Holiday World (IMO there is no competition)
2. El Toro – Six Flags Great Adventure
3. X2 – Six Flags Magic Mountain
4. Intimidator 305 – Kings Dominion
5. Skyrush – Hersheypark
6. Beast – Kings Island (at night)
7. Kumba – Busch Gardens Tampa
8. Nitro – Six Flags Great Adventure
9. Montu – Busch Gardens Tampa
10. Alpengeist - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
There are some rides around North America that I have not been on that I imagine could make the list like, Bizzaro (SFNE), New Texas Giant, Outlaw Run, and Boulder Dash.
Separate names with a comma.