Top Ten Anticpated Films | 2017 | Inside Universal Forums

Top Ten Anticpated Films | 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
With 2016 leaving behind some of the best films of the year like La La Land, The Jungle Book, Kubo and The Two Strings; 2017 has a lot to look up to when it comes to the film industry in upcoming films that may be major hits to massive flops. So, I am bringing in this thread; as I am curious to see what everyone is excited to see out of 2017's film season.

I'll be starting this off with..

10.) Justice League
9.) Blade Runner 2049
8.) Ghost In The Shell
7.) Thor: Ragnarok
6.) My Little Pony: The Movie
5.) Beauty and the Beast
4.) Wonder Woman
3.) Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume Two
2.) Logan
1.) Star Wars VIII

Some Honorable Mentions..
-Spider Man Homecoming
-Alien: Covenant
-Baby Driver
-War of the Planet of the Apes
-Kingsman: The Golden Circle
-The Lego Batman Movie

I am very excited for 2017 as I believe that it may be a very great year in Cinema. But that, is my opinion. I want to now hear about yours..

What are you most excited to see come out of cinemas/theaters next year? What has peaked your interest the most? Comment down below!!

In alphabetical order:

Alien Covenant
Beauty and the Beast
Blade Runner 2049
Dunkirk
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Kingsman The Golden Circle
Kong Skull Island
Logan
The Mummy
Star Wars 8

Order by release date:

1.The Lego Batman Movie- Bats has been my fave superhero forever
2.Beauty and the Beast- The original remains my favorite Disney Animation film
3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2- The original is still one of the MCU's best and this one won't be bogged down by an origin story
4. Pirates of the Caribbean 5- I actually thought the 4th was the second best (behind the 1st of course), so hopefully I like this one as well
5. The Mummy- Been a while since a solid action-horror popcorn film's been released
6. Despicable Me 3- If only for Trey Parker
7. Spider-Man: Homecoming- Leave it to Marvel to make Spider-Man great again
8. Thor: Ragnarok- Dumping Natalie Portman and her goonies in favor of a Planet Hulk adaptation already makes this a winner
9. Murder on the Orient Express- Solid director with a really impressive cast
10. Star Wars Episode VIII- Nuff said

As far as 2017's least-anticipated movies go, I can think of no better than The Nut Job 2, Transformers 5, The Emoji Movie, and Saw 34. Ugh...

In order by release:

1. Lego Batman Movie-I have a feeling it won't be as great as the Lego Movie but should be fun
2. Get Out-I love satirical horror films and the topics its going after should be very fun.
3. Ghost in the Shell- Always here for more anime based entertainment coming stateside
4. The Fate of the Furious- I mean c'mon, over the top and totally stupid but will have me hyped
5. Guardians of the Galaxy V2- Should just be a lot of fun
6. Pirates of the Caribbean 5- Johnny Depp's last POTC film so hopefully they end it well.
7. The Mummy- We need more action horror comedies.
8. Despicable Me 3- These films may not be the best but everyone has had heart.
9. Spiderman Homecoming
10. Pitch Perfect 3

Honorable Mention:
Book of Henry
Baby Driver
Kingsman: The Golden Circle
Thor: Ragnorok
------------------------------------------
Least anticipated:
Beauty and the Beast (I hate movies that are remakes who already won't top the original, needs way better cast)
Star Wars Episode VIII
Kong Skull Island
My Little Pony: The movie
Logan

Least anticipated:
Beauty and the Beast (I hate movies that are remakes who already won't top the original, needs way better cast)
Star Wars Episode VIII
Kong Skull Island
My Little Pony: The movie
Logan
Just curious, why are Star Wars and Logan in your least anticipated list?

1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
2. Spider-Man: Homecoming
3. Star Wars: Episode VIII
4. Justice League
5. Thor: Ragnarok
6-10: To be added

Just curious, why are Star Wars and Logan in your least anticipated list?

Force Awakens and Rogue One both put bad tastes in my mouth. TFA was overly derivative of A New Hope and Rogue One was just boring outside the last 30 minutes for me. As for Logan, Xmen just has gone downhill since Days of Future Past.

I can only add Trainspotting 2 to the list. I'm begging that they don't screw it but I have faith in Danny Boyle