Tourist Employees? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Tourist Employees?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Guys, come on, these two actors don't harass anyone :p They're just another actor/character. They might have a dual purpose, but they're just like a clown to most people going by. Plus, they just cover the brief distance between Disaster and Fear Factor, so just avoid that little area or walk fast by there. Unless you stop there for an extended period of time, I doubt they'll even acknowledge you, especially in these crowds :lol:

Otherwise, you can go all mission impossible on them, and just get your pics from the opposite side from where they are :look: They're wearing quite flashy garments, so you'll be able to tell where they are :p

Otherwise, you can go all mission impossible on them, and just get your pics from the opposite side from where they are :look: They're wearing quite flashy garments, so you'll be able to tell where they are :p

Sorry, not that easy. They usually work in groups of two or more with a group on each end of the "Walkway of happiness" as some of them call it. In fact, one day I saw three groups of them out at the same time. This was not during a shift change as I had time to walk around the whole lagoon and they where still there. That pretty much cover the whole area with line-of-sight.

I have never had a problem with the Wacky Tourists (as I like to call them). I actually quite like them, and I think they are super fun to interact with.

This actually makes perfect sense within the context of the Harry Potter universe. In the books, the wizards trying to fit in in the Muggle world have a hard time, because they are unaware of customs, style, dress, etc. This problem is exacerbated in London where there are more people. But all throughout the books, when you have a wizard attempting to interact in the Muggle world this is what happens. In my opinion, this is just Universal throwing out a slight hint of what's to come. What we're seeing are wizards trying to look like muggles. Their placement makes perfect sense, as does their dress and behavior. Even their questions about cameras and taking pictures.

After finally running into them in person, they are very annoying. Saw them when coming out of Disaster. "These guys are the Disaster survivors." "Woah! You're gonna be in Mutha Nature!?!?"

Also one of them was busy taking a picture of 3 others, and the real park guests were actually stopping so they can get this fake picture done and ended up causing more congestion in the area. "I wasn't ready! I need to roll the film again!" "Who uses film anymore!?!?" I guess they could serve a purpose, but the way it's done now it's very poorly done and just a nuisance based on my brief encounters.

I have these "tourists" to thank for finding the site! I talked to a few of them the other day (after they kept commenting on my Muppets shirt of all things) and they were pretty nice to us. I knew it was no accident that they patrolled that area, and I even found it funny one of them had an owl backpack on. At first I thought it might be a way of giving out hints, but I'm guessing that they are just there for distraction/entertainment.

I have these "tourists" to thank for finding the site! I talked to a few of them the other day (after they kept commenting on my Muppets shirt of all things) and they were pretty nice to us. I knew it was no accident that they patrolled that area, and I even found it funny one of them had an owl backpack on. At first I thought it might be a way of giving out hints, but I'm guessing that they are just there for distraction/entertainment.

Wait, they told you about OrlandoUnited? :stunned:

I saw them last time I went on vacation, they started out really funny but then they became annoying...VERY fast....

I know I've said this before in one of the threads, but they really aren't there to care about pictures at all. They are there to entertain. They get in the way of pictures of the construction area because they get in the way of everything, not because they were specifically instructed to. The ONLY department that has it out for bloggers is security. They are there to bring life to a dead zone and entertain the tourists.

I know I've said this before in one of the threads, but they really aren't there to care about pictures at all. They are there to entertain. They get in the way of pictures of the construction area because they get in the way of everything, not because they were specifically instructed to. The ONLY department that has it out for bloggers is security. They are there to bring life to a dead zone and entertain the tourists.

If I'm not mistaken, they were the ones who radio'd in the security guys that came to tail us back when a big group of us were there, all wielding our DSLRs. I think they have a dual purpose.

If I'm not mistaken, they were the ones who radio'd in the security guys that came to tail us back when a big group of us were there, all wielding our DSLRs. I think they have a dual purpose.

I personally know some of them and some of their management. They have been given no such instructions.

I personally know some of them and some of their management. They have been given no such instructions.

That doesn't mean they couldn't take it upon themselves to play undercover security. But I don't know for sure, so I'll just leave it at that.

I honestly couldn't care any less for the tourist characters. I wish Universal would chose something else for these guys to act out. Maybe Londoners or something... I mean the "secret" is out now for what this area is supposed to be.