Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think lack of knowledge is the major factor here. I think plenty of people will enjoy it but when the queues become ridiculous this summer and people come off the Slinky coaster after a 3 hour wait, I don't see how they could be anything but disappointed.
Agreed. I do wonder if the visibility of both rides will help with queues at all, with some guests going, “Eh, that’s not worth two hours” and not getting in line in the first place.

It's a sickness.

Listen, I love Disney. Wouldn't be on these boards talking about theme parks if it wasn't for my vacations there growing up. But as an adult with a fully developed brain, I don't see how anyone can be enthusiastic about this land and acting like this is going to be some sort of next-level theme park land.

The only thing I take away from that type of stuff is that TSL is going to be a bigger draw than I think some of us thought, meaning DHS is going to be hell even before SWGE & MMRR open.
im predicting it ll start out big and then word of mouth will get out that it sucks and will drop off quickly

Agreed. I do wonder if the visibility of both rides will help with queues at all, with some guests going, “Eh, that’s not worth two hours” and not getting in line in the first place.

Guest: Wow the slinky ride has a 2 hour wait, we'll ride the Alien ride.
Guest: Wow the Alien ride has a two hour wait, we'll ride something else.
Guest: Wait, that's all there is? WT.....

Reactions: Coasted and Mad Dog
im predicting it ll start out big and then word of mouth will get out that it sucks and will drop off quickly
There's not going to be room for a drop-off. Only 6 rides in the park and the two they are adding for TSL are low capacity. Not good when you consider TSL will be bringing in higher crowds.

Reactions: twebber55
Guest: Wow the slinky ride has a 2 hour wait, we'll ride the Alien ride.
Guest: Wow the Alien ride has a two hour wait, we'll ride something else.
Guest: Wait, that's all there is? WT.....

This is literally Pandora right now. :lol:

And you know people are coming off those two rides disappointed after the long waits. And we all know FoP is fantastic.

Ok guys, move along.

I normally try to give a lot of room for you guys to have your conversations and let it fizzle out, but today it seems like threads are drifting or going off topic left and right. There comes a point where you need to ask yourself if you're adding anything to the conversation or if you're just posting to hear yourself talk.

Disney fans are starved for new experiences, and the parks are under developed for the crowds that come to them. The only thing that will lower wait times will be more rides. You also have to remember that Studios big rides are too scary for younger kids. So these rides will be slammed.

not sa
Disney fans are starved for new experiences, and the parks are under developed for the crowds that come to them. The only thing that will lower wait times will be more rides. You also have to remember that Studios big rides are too scary for younger kids. So these rides will be slammed.
you re probably right
especially with SWGE opening in a year

Reactions: Mad Dog
the only real solution is to reduce the amount of people that come through the turnstiles every day, but that will NEVER happen. In fact I'd be willing to bet they increase the capacity size once the new land opens.

PR keeps saying they are raising ticket prices, to reduce the amount of people that want to visit...if that's the case, then just reduce the capacity, with the increase in ticket prices............oh wait, you don't want to? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

the only real solution is to reduce the amount of people that come through the turnstiles every day, but that will NEVER happen. In fact I'd be willing to bet they increase the capacity size once the new land opens.

PR keeps saying they are raising ticket prices, to reduce the amount of people that want to visit...if that's the case, then just reduce the capacity, with the increase in ticket prices............oh wait, you don't want to? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

The PR spins makes sense. If they up the price and have fewer guests, they can still make the same amount of money.

Having fewer guests and still making the same profit isn’t the same as just having fewer guests.

Lower guest capacity means less staff and less vehicles running which means less wear and tear which results in even greater profits.

The PR spins makes sense. If they up the price and have fewer guests, they can still make the same amount of money.

Having fewer guests and still making the same profit isn’t the same as just having fewer guests.

Lower guest capacity means less staff and less vehicles running which means less wear and tear which results in even greater profits.
Fewer guests though, also mean less food and merchandise sales...

Reactions: fryoj

It's PR Bull...an extra $10 isn't going to stop Americans from wanting to go to Disney. It's just making it more and more expensive for everyone that will still be going. If attendance drops next year due to the price increase, let me know...

Reactions: Mad Dog
Fewer guests though, also mean less food and merchandise sales...

True but if $10 is putting you off visiting, how much are you going to buy in the parks anyway plus if it accounts for a 10% dip, you’re still getting 90% of the guests paying an extra 10 bucks.
It's PR Bull...an extra $10 isn't going to stop Americans from wanting to go to Disney. It's just making it more and more expensive for everyone that will still be going. If attendance drops next year due to the price increase, let me know...

Hasn’t this already worked in DL with APs?