1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Transformers: The Ride - 3D

Discussion in 'Lower Lot/Studio Center' started by Jon Fu, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Jon84

Jon84 Have you tried turning it off and on again? Premium Member

I think the Simpsons is only really cherished for a certain age group now (those who were around up to Season 10!). A few of my mates still use quotes, in everyday life, but it's not transferred to the younger audiences.

That part of the park is great for grabbing a beer, and maybe a burger, but that's about it!

2. Goldblum

Goldblum Newcomer

The last time I went on The Simpsons I had to keep rubbing my eyes because it looked really blurry. Transformers is a little bit better but the age is showing compared to newer rides like Forbidden Journey.

Coasted and Chris Galindo like this.
  3. Paulio

Paulio Member

Yeah, but as this rate, it's just stopped being funny and irrelevant. I grew up in the 1990s watching the Simpsons A LOT. The humor with Homer and his family was just crash and simple and providing something that no mainstream cartoons can do. Nowadays, they basically end up having two options - either do the same jokes that have been done before, or start making the characters zanier and zanier so you can create new antics for them to get into. And it's just gets repetitive. Adam Sandler's jokes doesn't fly well with 2010s standards anymore, and I'm afraid Simpsons is heading towards this way.

However, Moe Tavern is a really great place to rest for the day and watch some reels of the Simpson cartoons.

And it's funny though, considering the Amazing Spider-Man ride is relevant even though it's based on the 1990s cartoon show, especially with the popularity of Marvel movies these days. I really wish the Spider-Man attraction comes to Los Angeles instead of the mostly all screen Transformer attraction in which no one gives a hoot about. It would be nice to ride with the web-slinger especially around Halloween Horror Nights.

FBarnhill and Jon84 like this.
  4. darkshadow237

darkshadow237 Rookie

This got me wondering if the Transformers rights expire & with the Transformers reboot by Hasbro would Universal renew the contract of using Transformers or replace it with Pacific Rim using the same ride engine?

5. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

I would assume any contract would be crossing with Paramount and not just Hasbro/Allspark Pictures with extensions as a plausibility for the Tansformers IP.

Not to mention, it seems they still have desire to use Transformers, see Universal Spectacle from Osaka.

Edit: and to also say, I don't think we should be taking PR seriously, and that I'm actually not going to be shocked if it's a bomb.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    fryoj likes this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan Staff Member Moderator

Universal should have the theme park rights for TF locked down. Don't see that changing anytime soon.

Scott W. likes this.
  7. quinnmac000

quinnmac000 Veteran Member

The deal was actually between Dreamworks and Universal and Hasbro Toy division not Hasbro Studios as it came in 2007 before Allspark Pictures, Paramount, etc became producers in the project.

8. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

On top of that, I imagine that Transformers is selling a ton of merchandise and the respective parties will be making a good cut of that so why rock the boat?

9. mitsuramos

mitsuramos Newcomer

As much as I love the ride, I hate the laziness of the building façade. It just looks like one giant billboard poster slapped onto a random building, I wish a little bit more work went into the exterior look then just some half-assed mess.

Chris likes this.
  10. Ryan

Trust me, they're aware.

That entire area is just awaiting a greenlight to finally make things go forward.

mitsuramos likes this.
  11. Wesker69

Wesker69 Veteran Member

Just give me a photo-op with EVAC (even if its a giant static statue like Singapore) and i'll be happy haha

Chris and AlexanderMBush like this.
  12. Chris

Chris Veteran Member

I want Optimus. I would settle for Megatron.

Freak and BernardMesa like this.
  13. mitsuramos

mitsuramos Newcomer

I sincerely hope so. :)

14. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

How about a giant statue of John Murdy standing in front of a black wall?

15. Jamesh22

Jamesh22 Premium Member

What was the original concept/idea for the Transformers building? I know the mural wasn't the original plan.

Controversial I know, but I kind of like the mural more than what Orlando got (the exception being the Giant Optimus Prime)

HorrorNightsFan13 likes this.
  16. AlexanderMBush

In a rather..interesting note.

Things are changing for the TF signs.

17. Ryan

Cool, can they update the projection then because it's in rough shape.

FBarnhill likes this.
  18. AlexanderMBush

So, welcome to the Studio Vault..TF Extended Queue (former)

19. Gillman

Gillman Rookie

The thing that should also be considered is that this is not a Universal IP. So might Hasbro want the change to happen? If Beijing's ride film is changed to reflect the BumbleBee film's look then the hard part is done and it is just a matter of porting this over to the other parks.

20. Jamesh22

Jamesh22 Premium Member

Depends on a lot of things:
    1) The original Transformers ride contract - did it include anything about updating the ride to match future films
    2) The cost - unlikely to boost visitor numbers so no real cost benefit
    3) When the Transformers the ride contract is up, could form part of any renegotiations

I doubt the actual film/ride will be different in Beijing. It just doesn't need it to be a hit with the GP.