Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 352 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Hmm... Hogwarts looming over Jurassic Park drives me insane, but this doesn't bother me a bit. Must be the "backlot" nature of US. Illusions are broken there from many different angles.

I agree that it's ok for them to do that sort of thing in the Studios park because no real studio really meshes together perfectly. But I think aesthetics should still be important in any theme park no matter what the theme, and this one really can be an eyesore.

They are sexy. Are those laser or water cut aluminum? They shouldn't be that relatively expensive to manufacture short of the price of the heavy gauge aluminum.

It would be hard to tell whether they are WJ or laser cut because of how thin the material is and the fact it has been powdercoated. But its more than likely steel and not aluminum...I cant tell how thick the metal is in the pics. If its more than 1/8" then yeah its probably aluminum unless they are using real transformers to move these around :)

Hmm... Hogwarts looming over Jurassic Park drives me insane, but this doesn't bother me a bit. Must be the "backlot" nature of US. Illusions are broken there from many different angles.
I think as a stand alone design it is lacking. I think I'd be okay with a break in illusion if the design was just better or even just the bare soundstage motif.

I think as a stand alone design it is lacking. I think I'd be okay with a break in illusion if the design was just better or even just the bare soundstage motif.

It's halfway between USH and USS's design...USS being the best and Hollywood being the worst...with time it will blend in with the surroundings
On the topic of Potter in JP I'm not to concerned with that as the same thing occurs at Disneyland with the different respective land icons..I think it is perfectly reasonable to see glimpses of other islands within the island you are in..the problem I have is the queue invasion not Hogwarts..but that is another topic of course..

I like that it's not a blank soundstage. If it's supposed to be a warehouse in NYC near the water, then it does fit. I know many buildings, especially in the Sheepshead Bay neighborhood of Brooklyn that looks similar to that. What I don't like it all the accents: the wires, the steel, the NEST decals. If it was a plain grey building, with details that didn't pop as much, I would like it a bit better.

Ash: Good point. Movie studios theme parks are a different animal. I don't think they should be held to the same thematic standard as a Magic Kingdom or even IOA theme park.

When everyone first started talking about the possibility of Transformers MAYBE coming to Orlando (which many said wouldn't happen), everyone assumed it was going to go behind MiB. Instead, they replaced an empty building that stuck out, with a bigger building that sticks out containing what is going to be one of the best dark rides in the country. And honestly I don't see what they could have done to really make this building not stand out, it's huge. So just based on the effort to not take away any future space but still give a new attraction, I'm ok with how it looks.

When everyone first started talking about the possibility of Transformers MAYBE coming to Orlando (which many said wouldn't happen), everyone assumed it was going to go behind MiB. Instead, they replaced an empty building that stuck out, with a bigger building that sticks out containing what is going to be one of the best dark rides in the country. And honestly I don't see what they could have done to really make this building not stand out, it's huge. So just based on the effort to not take away any future space but still give a new attraction, I'm ok with how it looks.

Agreed!

-Andy

I was able to see everything in person for the first time today! The whole building does stand out from certain angles, but overall it still looks really good. Also, I think this has already been confirmed but I heard a team member outside the supply vault mentioning to a guest that when the ride opens this summer, it will exit through the gift shop.

yup. You always want secret military installations to stand out.:lol:

haters gonna hate lol

- - - Updated - - -

I agree..

Last edited:
Yup. Those who don't like the way the showbuilding looks are total Uni haters. We just hate on everything. Hate Universal. I'd spit in Mark Woodbury's face if I could.

tumblr_lrfcjf3kA31qghbef.gif

"Grow up, Peter Pan... Count Chocula." -- Owen Wilson

Yes i know but i said because it used to be an empty building with nothing going for it. Now it's TRANSFORMERS! Basically beggers can't be choosers. Everyone wanted Transformers to come to Orlando...well here it is! It might stand out but there wasn't a whole lot of spots to put it without building an entire new building. And yes everyone does have their own opinion and i respect that but i just said that in a joking way because i feel like we should concentrate more on how fast this amazing experience was given to us..and how great it's going to be to have a Transformers attraction here in Orlando!

Last edited:
Yes i know but i said because it used to be an empty building with nothing going for it. Now it's TRANSFORMERS! Basically beggers can't be choosers. Everyone wanted Transformers to come to Orlando...well here it is! It might stand out but there wasn't a whole lot of spots to put it without building an entire new building.

Exactly, people really shouldn't ask for Transformers and when it comes, complain about the place it is in. Doing that is just being unappreciative and not being thankful that it's there in the first place.

Exactly, people really shouldn't ask for Transformers and when it comes, complain about the place it is in. Doing that is just being unappreciative and not being thankful that it's there in the first place.

I hate when people say "be appreciative". Its not like im going in for free, I gotta pay 130+. Uni better be apperciative that theyve got customers that are willing to spend that much.