Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 561 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Tone down Transformers? That's a worse suggestion than tearing down Dragon Challenge for something stupid like a forbidden forest. It's not like the ride is a thrill machine, the aggressive profile is what makes it unique and works with giant robots everywhere. If any ride needs to be toned down, it's Mummy. I love it to death but my mom hurt her neck on the part where the ride comes to a halting stop for the fake unload.

I feel like the back row is the most aggressive row for both transformers and spiderman. I am curious if it is because the seats are mounted under the first two rows giving the last row the behind the back wheel of the school bus effect. Back corners I always get thrown around and I love it.

Good point. Maybe that is what they were going for.

Yeah. Spidey has the edge with lateral movement and spinning so it makes sense that Transformers' motion base profile is amped up to compensate. I think Spidey and Transformers are a bit more unique than a lot of people give them credit for, and TF's motion base is a big reason for that. RV is pretty much always tilting/shaking, even when guests are merely watching Optimus and Megatron punch each other lol. Simulation is ridiculous, too. A few years ago, if you told me the Spider-Man RVs were going to be used in one of the most realistic and thrilling simulation experiences on a ride, I'd probably laugh it off. TF's driving sequences (especially in the front row) are nuts.

Tone down Transformers? That's a worse suggestion than tearing down Dragon Challenge for something stupid like a forbidden forest. It's not like the ride is a thrill machine, the aggressive profile is what makes it unique and works with giant robots everywhere. If any ride needs to be toned down, it's Mummy. I love it to death but my mom hurt her neck on the part where the ride comes to a halting stop for the fake unload.

The sudden stops are definitely inconsistent with how buttery smooth the rest of the ride is. Are they a byproduct of the braking system or can they be adjusted? Sometimes they're a bit smoother and sometimes they're not. Don't know if it's caused by the weight of the car or something else. Either way, I wouldn't miss them.

Last edited:
Yeah. Spidey has the edge with lateral movement and spinning so it makes sense that Transformers' motion base profile is amped up to compensate. I think Spidey and Transformers are a bit more unique than a lot of people give them credit for, and TF's motion base is a big reason for that. RV is pretty much always tilting/shaking, even when guests are merely watching Optimus and Megatron punch each other lol. Simulation is ridiculous, too. A few years ago, if you told me the Spider-Man RVs were going to be used in one of the most realistic and thrilling simulation experiences on a ride, I'd probably laugh it off. TF's driving sequences (especially in the front row) are nuts.

I always try to ride each row of a ride before judging.
Spiderman use to make me nauseated, but now I can ride it and leave the 3d Glasses on without feeling sick. (The Back row is the best as a poster suggested)
Transformers the last 3 times I've been on it has made me dizzy/nauseous. Not severely but enough to the point where I need to take my 3D glasses off. It's mostly the spinning. Just too much for my liking. IMO a 3D ride with screens and transitions such as transformers doesn't need to spin as much or as fast, very unnecessary IMO. I do want to try and ride on the last two rows though! I always manage to get first row so I'll see if that helps!

And As far as Mummy, I always lean my body and head forward during the 3 hard stopping points. Only suggestion I know to give. The Back two rows are definitely easier on the breaking than the front two.

I always try to ride each row of a ride before judging.
Spiderman use to make me nauseated, but now I can ride it and leave the 3d Glasses on without feeling sick. (The Back row is the best as a poster suggested)
Transformers the last 3 times I've been on it has made me dizzy/nauseous. Not severely but enough to the point where I need to take my 3D glasses off. It's mostly the spinning. Just too much for my liking. IMO a 3D ride with screens and transitions such as transformers doesn't need to spin as much or as fast, very unnecessary IMO. I do want to try and ride on the last two rows though! I always manage to get first row so I'll see if that helps!

Are you sure the spinning is causing you issues? Transformers doesn't spin 360-degrees like Spider-Man and the other partial spins are about on par from my experience. It may be more an issue of motion sickness than anything else. Transformers has five wraparound IMAX screens for sequences of pure simulation, whereas Spider-Man only has two. That could giving you trouble.

Are you sure the spinning is causing you issues? Transformers doesn't spin 360-degrees like Spider-Man and the other partial spins are about on par from my experience. It may be more an issue of motion sickness than anything else. Transformers has five wraparound IMAX screens for sequences of pure simulation, whereas Spider-Man only has two. That could giving you trouble.
Nope it's one part where EVAC is going through a tunnel or something of some sort where he has the thing the Decipticons are after and I swear it spins 2 times if not 3 times. I don't believe I suffer from motion sickness. I can ride Simpsons, Dispicable Me, Forbidden Journey and have a slight headache or dizziness as always but never truly sick. Moton Simulators use to hurt my stomach when I was younger just make me feel as though I'd be sick but as I've gotten older I can stabilize my body movement to whats around me so my eyes won't be tricked into thinking something is moving or moving faster than it is which is the cause for motion sickness. I just personally don't like fast spinning. Spinning with ease is fine. Maybe, just maybe, I could be wrong about the aggressive spinning but I was sure it did while Evac had the ALL Spark or whatever that thing is haha!

Then too I may just start riding this ride without the 3D glasses and try to enjoy it like that.

I just looked at the ride on video on youtube. It appears it doesnt do 360's. You are correct. Hmm Not sure what the problem was. But I'll try sitting in a different spot without the 3D glasses.

And As far as Mummy, I always lean my body and head forward during the 3 hard stopping points. Only suggestion I know to give. The Back two rows are definitely easier on the breaking than the front two.

For mummy I always brace myself against the headrest in front of me or on the lap bar wedging myself back to not get whipped. I always make sure everyone in my party knows how to and when to do it ("BRACE!") when we go and it helps out a lot.

Looks like the fire department attached harnesses to guests and had them climb a ladder out of the shaft. I'm curious if there's an alternate rescue procedure for handicapped guests that transfer from a wheelchair to the RV. Anyone know? The odds of one of the VTUs failing to complete a cycle are probably astronomical, but it seems like an interesting scenario.

The line is at 45 minutes again...on a Saturday in the middle of July.

Lets look at the facts:
1. extended queue never fully filled
2. middling wait times during the parks busiest season
3. merchandise sales not up to projections
4. food/merch sales all around the park are down from last year and not meeting goals

I think its safe to say that yes, the crowds this summer were overhyped. It has now been proven that the huge extended queue, big budget/attendance goals, and blackouts of seasonal passes throughout the month of July were unnecessary and overblown. Love the ride, and it was obviously a success, but my point stands that Universal got a little carried away
Now your saying the same things about Diagon less than a month after it opened. I agree with a lot of your posts, but it seems your sources give a lot of bad info out. Transformers did indeed turn out to be a huge crowd generator as Universal execs later stated. If you're using the same sources for Diagon, they may be wrong again. Just sayin.

Transformers was a 90 minute wait today with much of the extended queue being used. Luckily I got on within 15 minutes with the single riders line.

Transformers was a 45 min and out the door at 9:15 the other night...

That post from TD was from July "2013", just for clarification..

I know, but I remember it filling up the extended queue last year too. It won't every day, but just because lines aren't massive and near capacity doesn't mean it isn't hitting numbers. Universal is getting better with people moving, they want them out spending money, not standing in line for rides.

I think Universal has been good with people moving for a long time now. Wait times aren't the only reflection of their efficiency. Transformers wait time will be about the same as last year. Yes there are more people in the park but they are much more spread out now that Diagon Alley is open.

I think Universal has been good with people moving for a long time now. Wait times aren't the only reflection of their efficiency. Transformers wait time will be about the same as last year. Yes there are more people in the park but they are much more spread out now that Diagon Alley is open.
Good analysis.