Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 416 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I believe that it is the building at the corner of Central and Garland overlooking I-4. Sort of Caddy Cornered across I-4 from the Amway Center.

Yes that's the one. I just drove by about an hour ago. It doesn't look finished, in fact not that much more than the photo from the link.

Yes that's the one. I just drove by about an hour ago. It doesn't look finished, in fact not that much more than the photo from the link.

On the letter the the building's tenants it says all will be revealed by this morning and that the project will be completed by May 3rd

http://www.thedailycity.com/2013/04/universals-transformers-to-transform.html

Universal's Transformers to Transform Side of Downtown Fairwinds Building

The Fairwinds building downtown sits directly against I-4 making it one of the most visible buildings to the passing motorist. On Monday, April 29 Twitter user @PlazaAndMainSt tweeted a picture of a letter sent to employees of the building informing them a large 'project' that will be taking place on the side of the building for a local theme park. By end of Monday the massive sticker was almost a third of the way done.

Letter posted on Twitter by user @PlazaandMainSt

The sticker looks like a similar one that was used in Spring 2012 in Los Angles when the Transformers ride opened at Universal Studios Hollywood. There the sticker was affixed to the side of the Staples Center. The effect was enhanced with black smoke from the top of the building and debris scattered around the base of the building. The promotion took place roughly six weeks before the opening of the Transformers ride there. Our iteration of the ride is rumored to be opening on June 21st making this week the seventh week before the ride opening placing this promotion into the exact same time frame.

Promotion at the Staples Center in Spring 2012 (Universal Studios Hollywood )

Expect the effect to be in place fully by end of today and a news conference should happen sometime within the next 48hrs or so that will be the large final major promotion before the rides opening. Rumor has it the ride will begin employee soft openings within the next two weeks.

Progress of the Fairwinds Building as of Monday evening

Whoops. Didnt realize Skip already posted this

Last edited:
From around Noon today:

347i339.jpg

168ctts.jpg

Is it just me, or did the Staples Megatron look WAAAYYY bigger than he would in real life??? He's about as tall as Optimus, 30 feet, yet he looked bigger than that in the Staples promo, & now it appears that the one in Orlando is EVEN BIGGER than the Staples version, & looks like it will be over a HUNDRED feet tall, if not taller. I know they want to make it as big as possible for passing motorists as that's what most of you would probably say, but just a little minor detail that I noticed & found interesting. It will definetly be epic when it is finished though!!!

Yeah, but if so, it seems to be a hindsight move, meaning they initially intended them to be permanent. Was the vertical wall that conformed to the barriers removed too?

Negative. That bit was cemented into the ground.

The jersey barriers were never intended to be permanent. They were old and temporary ones, the cement wall was brand new.

Negative. That bit was cemented into the ground.

The jersey barriers were never intended to be permanent. They were old and temporary ones, the cement wall was brand new.

Right, but why does the wall follow the contours of the jersey barriers, angling out at the bottom? And why were the barriers put there in the first place? What purpose did they serve?

Right, but why does the wall follow the contours of the jersey barriers, angling out at the bottom? And why were the barriers put there in the first place? What purpose did they serve?

Agreed. Does anyone have a pic with the Jersey barriers removed?

It is also possible that they got chipped during construction, and being replaced with ones that are not chipped.