Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 419 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Does it bother anyone else that they did the EXACT same opening stunt in Cali? Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool, but the fact they've already done this, makes this seem much less exciting.

80% of people won't have seen the Hollywood stunt... Especially people in Britain and other parts of Europe where this will almost certainly make the press and will be exciting to them and locals not in the loop like us.

80% of people won't have seen the Hollywood stunt... Especially people in Britain and other parts of Europe where this will almost certainly make the press and will be exciting to them and locals not in the loop like us.

More like 99% :rofl:

Wait so it is okay for them to clone a ride, but not okay to clone an ad? Come on it is way better than just a billboard, and if we didn't get one I would be jealous cause Hollywood did :pound:

Does it bother anyone else that they did the EXACT same opening stunt in Cali? Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool, but the fact they've already done this, makes this seem much less exciting.

I wouldn't say bother. But it really is :bored:. I mean, it makes sense. It's true it's more of a local campaign, so to locals it won't be redundant. But it's still lame. No denying that.

I don't think it is lame at all. It is a cool and effective promotion.

Yeah that's not what I meant. It's a fantastic idea, and one of the best marketing tools they've had in awhile. I just meant for Universal fans who know it exists, not the idea itself. And I won't pretend to be hypocritical, I know if I lived in Orlando I'd be excited about the campaign coming to my town.

Aerial view of the ad from WESH:

ib2ewycfZygowo.png

ibd58Q3zEfEQex.png

Besides the fact that it's lazy to recycle the same marketing ploy, it's obvious they didn't really take the new building's features into consideration before slapping the exact same mural up there. Doesn't look convincing at all (not that it was convincing on Staples Center, but it looked better.)

Aw NUTS! I was hoping this would open late May so the first couple of weeks "mad-dash" to ride would have subsided slightly. We fly into Orlando for 10 days on Wednesday 19th June. I know my wife won't want to ride, so I can make use of the single rider line, but the park is gonna be crammed.

That said, we've never been out to Orlando that late in June before so maybe the park is pretty crammed at that time anyway.

Besides the fact that it's lazy to recycle the same marketing ploy, it's obvious they didn't really take the new building's features into consideration before slapping the exact same mural up there. Doesn't look convincing at all (not that it was convincing on Staples Center, but it looked better.)

i get your point to a certain extent but to be honest i never saw that ad promo in LA so i gotta assume most havent either

Well I didn't read/see anything about the CA promotion until this board pointed it out...I think it's a pretty cool advertising. Smart to put it so close to the highway as well...thousands of local people will see it now.

It was a local marketing campaign. The only reason people on this coast know about it is the theme park sites covered it. The media on this coast didn't cover it, because it wasn't meant for us.

So as far as this market is concerned it's a fresh campaign.

As far as lazy, if you have a campaign that worked in one spot. Why not use it someplace else where for the most part no one has heard of it. In your mind they need to throw out a highly effective campaign because people 2500 miles away have seen it?